Heroes & Villains > Villa Memories

Mark Bosnich

(1/9) > >>

Deano's Mullet:
Special focus on Bozzie in this month's Four Four Two Magazine and he reflects quite a bit on life at Villa. Loved him, he made goalkeepers seem cool, especially in that rainbow Muller top. There can't be many keepers that save seven penalties in one season. Was it seven? Ian Wright, Bebeto,  Spurs X 2 and Tranmere X 3. Any more?
Still think his save vs Peacock in  1995 Vs Chelsea was amazing and people mention one Vs Moldovan of Coventry too. And of course he turned a Hughes volley round the post to stop it becoming 2-2 at Wembley. What a time that was to be a Villa fan.

Behind Bluenose Lines:
Indeed it was. When he made that save, I knew in that moment we were going to win the cup.

BTW, VERY Belated Happy New Year all!

SheffieldVillain:
The save I always remember was against Coventry where as I recall he was diving one way and the ball took a deflection - he seemed to stop mid-air and save with his feet - was that the Moldovan one you mention??

PeterWithesShin:
It was from Soltvedt not Moldovan.

Deano's Mullet:

--- Quote from: SheffieldVillain on January 12, 2019, 02:58:33 PM ---The save I always remember was against Coventry where as I recall he was diving one way and the ball took a deflection - he seemed to stop mid-air and save with his feet - was that the Moldovan one you mention??

--- End quote ---

Yes I think so. The Peacock one is more vivid in my memory though. I'm also remembering some daft stuff he did too - flapping at a Norwich cross which led to the craziest goal mouth scramble I can remember, and running out of his goal trying to catch a ball almost in the centre circle at QPR. Both led to goals for the opposition. And of course the night he flattened Klinsmann - same night as the Cantona Kung Fu kick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version