collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wigan v Villa post-match thread  (Read 30721 times)

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
Re: Wigan v Villa post-match thread
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2019, 02:44:25 PM »
Well that’s terrible, glad it wasn’t my daughter & I would like to think that proper Villa fans would have something to say to those idiots.

It is terrible.

The problem is that there are too many idiots, and they aren't the sort of people that most people would want to challenge for fear of the no-doubt aggressive response they'd get.

One of the problems is that there are a few too many who just go along to get as drunk as humanly  possible and have no interest in what happens on the pitch. I know one chap who left after Wigan's first goal.

I think the old Columbia marching powder is making more of an appearance these days too and taken in full view of people, no one gives a shit.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2019, 02:45:22 PM »
Well that’s terrible, glad it wasn’t my daughter & I would like to think that proper Villa fans would have something to say to those idiots.

It is terrible.

The problem is that there are too many idiots, and they aren't the sort of people that most people would want to challenge for fear of the no-doubt aggressive response they'd get.

One of the problems is that there are a few too many who just go along to get as drunk as humanly  possible and have no interest in what happens on the pitch. I know one chap who left after Wigan's first goal.

I think the old Columbia marching powder is making more of an appearance these days too and taken in full view of people, no one gives a shit.

You're not wrong.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2019, 03:52:54 PM »

It is terrible.

You're not wrong.

To be fair, that happens at every large event these days, endless queues of people all wanting an Eartha Kitt at the same time.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2019, 07:29:26 PM »
To be fair to the drunken fan who was vomiting whilst watching the game I was stone cold sober at home and nearly vomited just watching the highlights on Quest.  ;)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2019, 11:58:10 PM »
Surprised in the era of camera phones and fuck knows how many cameras in the stadium that this kind of shit goes on unchecked.

Not sure if it's as a result of the buoyant economy but cocaine use is rife again across Ireland too.

Offline achilles

« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2019, 01:40:50 PM »
I keep on watching the first Wigan goal and it is beyond belief for a professional football team!
I really, really cannot believe just how easy Villa make it for Wigan to have a shot on goal, the defensive coach (i.e. Terry?) should be sacked.

Anyway my thoughts:

Taylor loses his man for the cross which allows a free header that Kalinac saves brilliantly.
The ball goes out to the wing and Taylor chases it and gets skinned like a kipper (meh)!
At this point Taylor has given up so the Wigan player has all the time to look up and see what to do.
No problem, as we have 7 (including goalkeeper) (yes 7, excluding Taylor by now) players back defending and Wigan have only 3 attackers to receive the ball!!!!!

Well the bloody problem is that NOT one defender (exclude goalkeeper) is marking any Wigan attacker, wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Wigan player had 3 players to pass too, not 1 but 3!!!!!
As a defender this was the very first thing you learnt, a absolute basic requirement that you mark your attacker!
This is worse than Sunday league stuff.

I have watched this first goal so many times now and it just gets worse but if I can see this why can't anybody at Villa Park coaching team see it?

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2019, 02:01:51 PM »
Defensively we looked shambolic and going forward we looked insipid. I believe Dean Smith has his work cut out!

Excuse the pun but the defence has been our achilles heal for some seasons now, surely it should have been sorted ages ago?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal