Off Topic > Sports Arena

The International Cricket Thread

(1/2317) > >>

UK Redsox:
Copied over from last year's thread

--- Quote from: tomd2103 on January 11, 2019, 04:46:46 PM ---Have hardly heard or seen anything about the West Indies tour, so had a look at the BBC site to see if there was anything on there.  Seems there is only 1 warm up fixture before the series starts (not even sure if it is a red ball game or separate white ball ones from the site) which seems a really short preparation given that they haven't played for a while. 

--- End quote ---

olaftab:
Well just about finalised the trip to Caribbean. Fly off to Barbados on 17 February. Watching all one dayers and T20 matches in Barbados, Grenada, St Lucia and St Kitts. Decided to not go for Test matches as we don’t expect them to be competitive or much atmosphere due to current state of West Indies cricket.

paul_e:
I'm ok with fewer warm up games, I don't think they've provided much value in the last few years. I'd rather they setup games behind closed doors against the lions if they need practice in the middle.

tomd2103:

--- Quote from: olaftab on January 11, 2019, 05:29:23 PM ---Well just about finalised the trip to Caribbean. Fly off to Barbados on 17 February. Watching all one dayers and T20 matches in Barbados, Grenada, St Lucia and St Kitts. Decided to not go for Test matches as we don’t expect them to be competitive or much atmosphere due to current state of West Indies cricket.

--- End quote ---

Sounds terrible that mate!  Not at all jealous!

cheltenhamlion:

--- Quote from: olaftab on January 11, 2019, 05:29:23 PM ---Well just about finalised the trip to Caribbean. Fly off to Barbados on 17 February. Watching all one dayers and T20 matches in Barbados, Grenada, St Lucia and St Kitts. Decided to not go for Test matches as we don’t expect them to be competitive or much atmosphere due to current state of West Indies cricket.

--- End quote ---

Fucker. I have 4 weeks in Burnham on Sea at various times of the year and another week in North Wales!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version