collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kortney Hause (on loan at Watford)  (Read 128953 times)

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Kortney Hause - Signed on Loan
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2019, 09:54:56 AM »
How do you pronounce his name? / haʊz / / hɔːz / / həʊz / ...?

Deano pronounced it as Howser today.

So he's 'Doogie' from now on :)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2019, 10:22:55 AM »

So he's 'Doogie' from now on :)

Only to you.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2019, 12:54:21 PM »
Has anyone worked out whether he is injured or not? If he is, any word on when he will be available.

I appreciate that he might not be 'match fit' but if he is decent (and I have confidence in Smith) then I would prefer a quick and mobile Hause with Chester in his right position over Elphick, or Hutton or Bree or Jedi ...

I would also like to see Bree given a run of games at RB. UTV.
Bree was piss poor against Swansea but I'm all for second chances. He'll need to improve every aspect of his game if he wants to make that RB position his.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2019, 12:58:11 PM »
Has anyone worked out whether he is injured or not? If he is, any word on when he will be available.

I appreciate that he might not be 'match fit' but if he is decent (and I have confidence in Smith) then I would prefer a quick and mobile Hause with Chester in his right position over Elphick, or Hutton or Bree or Jedi ...

Bree was piss poor against Swansea but I'm all for second chances. He'll need to improve every aspect of his game if he wants to make that RB position his.

Bree hasn't filled me with confidence over the last few matches at RB. But neither has Hutton EVER, so i'd much rather stick with Bree as he is the future and Hutton is very much the past

We absolutely need to see if Bree can be the RB we all hope between now and the summer, if not then he can be moved on then.

But we absolutely know Hutton isn't the answer and will be gone in the summer so there's no logical reason to ever see him start again unless we're absolutely desperate IMHO

A back four that's balanced with a new left back, Hause and Chester and Bree could be the answer long term, we'll only know if we play it week in week out

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2019, 01:01:35 PM »

maybe but no one is making it their own

the benefits to giving him a run in the team are

he's young so will hopefully improve with more games
he seems to have a good attitude
most importantly he's ours and wont be leaving at the end of the season, all the match time and any improvements are all our gains

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
Bree has done nothing to convince me that he's good enough for the starting 11 and I struggle to see what the fuss is about regarding starting him.

Up until very recently, I was happy with Elmo as RB and Hutton cover for L & RB.  Unfortunately, Elmo has been dreadful over the past couple of months, as has Hutton.

For me, I think we'll probably have to limp through with what we have at RB until the summer but at that point, we will need to upgrade.  Obviously if the right opportunity comes along in this window then so much the better.

I liken the RB position to that of the defensive midfielder - Loads of options but none of them are good enough.  We could quite easily lose 4 of Hutton, Bree, Elmo, Jedi, Whelan & Barny and replace them with a RB & DM who will start for us.  3 of those players are out of contract in the summer in any case.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2019, 01:06:48 PM »

Bree hasn't filled me with confidence over the last few matches at RB. But neither has Hutton EVER, so i'd much rather stick with Bree as he is the future and Hutton is very much the past

We absolutely need to see if Bree can be the RB we all hope between now and the summer, if not then he can be moved on then.

But we absolutely know Hutton isn't the answer and will be gone in the summer so there's no logical reason to ever see him start again unless we're absolutely desperate IMHO

A back four that's balanced with a new left back, Hause and Chester and Bree could be the answer long term, we'll only know if we play it week in week out

I'd agree with this, Whelan, Hutton and Jedinak in particular are players I'd like to see reduced to backup for the next few months. I don't think any of them offer enough to make a difference this season and they'll all be gone by the summer.

Online Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2019, 01:11:35 PM »
With Bree, I just don't think we can know whether he will be good enough unless he gets a run of games at RB.

He's been at Villa for years and I don't think he has played three consecutive games. We have to see what he can do either in our first XI or on loan. And presently with the form of Elmo and Hutton and De Laet in Oz, I would suggest we do that by playing him.

But back to my main point (!) is Hause fit, and if not when is he available? UTV

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »
With Bree, I just don't think we can know whether he will be good enough unless he gets a run of games at RB.

He's been at Villa for years and I don't think he has played three consecutive games. We have to see what he can do either in our first XI or on loan. And presently with the form of Elmo and Hutton and De Laet in Oz, I would suggest we do that by playing him.

But back to my main point (!) is Hause fit, and if not when is he available? UTV

I thought he was fine against QPR, barring a couple of wild cross field passes towards the end.  Doesn't really look the most comfortable going forward, but agree that he needs to be given a chance.  De Laet is somewhere out there in the ether and neither Hutton or Elmohamady are the answer going forward. 

Mitch Clark has been getting some good reviews on loan at Port Vale, so maybe he would be worth a look if Bree struggles.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2019, 02:10:16 PM »
I thought Mitch Clark was a left sided player

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2019, 02:50:56 PM »

Howszat!!!

Let's hope he doesn't live up to the words of the song...

How, how, howzat?
You messed about (at the back)
They caught you out
Howzat?
Now that I found where you're at, it's goodbye (Go back to Wolves)
Well, howzat?
It's goodbye

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2019, 03:22:29 PM »

Howszat!!!

Let's hope he doesn't live up to the words of the song...

How, how, howzat?
You messed about (at the back)
They caught you out
Howzat?
Now that I found where you're at, it's goodbye (Go back to Wolves)
Well, howzat?
It's goodbye

Sherbert at their finest!

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2019, 03:31:55 PM »
I thought Mitch Clark was a left sided player

From everything I've seen he's pretty 2 footed and looks comfortable all across the defence and has played a few games in midfield as well. I think he's going to end up being one of those players that is good to have because they give you options even if he never quite nails down a regular starting place. I'd definitely be looking to get him on a new deal asap though, he's got too much promise to let him walk away for nothing in the summer.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2019, 03:32:03 PM »

The fact that several managers have had him available for selection, and have consistently not picked him over players that are not very good tells it's own story. They can't all be wrong! I would put him in the same category as Jordan Bowery, strange punt of signing that hasn't worked out.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2019, 03:36:58 PM »
The trouble is Chris, since posting it's been running around my head ever since and wont go away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal