collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Exeter 77
[Today at 12:30:51 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 12:29:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 12:28:02 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 12:27:25 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by OCD
[Today at 12:27:24 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 12:26:03 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:25:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Olneythelonely
[Today at 12:25:30 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kortney Hause (on loan at Watford)  (Read 129827 times)

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
Re: Kortney Hause - here for good
« Reply #540 on: June 17, 2019, 09:05:24 PM »
I see this guy as a cheap back-up alternative and nothing more. Hopefully he hasn't been bought to be a regular starter for us because he'll get found out in no time.

Based on all the times he didn't get found out last season?

NEWSFLASH - Aston Villa promoted from Championship to Premier League.

😂😂

Yes, didn't that Dean Smith do well?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #541 on: June 17, 2019, 09:09:05 PM »
I see this guy as a cheap back-up alternative and nothing more. Hopefully he hasn't been bought to be a regular starter for us because he'll get found out in no time.

He's better than either Tuanzebe (as an out and out centre back) or Taylor.  Sorry mate, I strongly disagree with you.

Hause filled in ok at right centre back but was in no way a medium/long term solution there, even at championship level.

We need squad players and he covers a few positions across the back.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #542 on: June 17, 2019, 09:15:26 PM »

😂😂

Because someone doesn't get found out at a Championship club means they will definitely get found out at a Premier League one?

We better get rid of Grealish and McGinn. We're doomed with those chancers in the squad.

No. But it's possible they might.

House has been let go by a Premier League side for - these days - a very small amount of money. Premier League sides don't normally do that, unless they believe someone isn't up to standard.

Let's hope they've got it completely wrong but, if not and it doesn't lead to relegation, it's only £3 million.

"It's possible" is entirely different to, the rather more definitive "he'll get found out in no time" from resident misery arse Goldie.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #543 on: June 17, 2019, 09:17:53 PM »

😂😂

Yes, didn't that Dean Smith do well?

Wrong thread? We're talking about Kortney Hause.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #544 on: June 17, 2019, 09:18:33 PM »

😂😂

Because someone doesn't get found out at a Championship club means they will definitely get found out at a Premier League one?

We better get rid of Grealish and McGinn. We're doomed with those chancers in the squad.

House has been let go by a Premier League side for - these days - a very small amount of money. Premier League sides don't normally do that, unless they believe someone isn't up to standard.

Let's hope they've got it completely wrong but, if not and it doesn't lead to relegation, it's only £3 million.

There were a lot of players ahead of him at Wolves and had been injured.  They let him go out on loan to get games.  We had the sense to agree a fixed amount to buy him at the end of the loan period.  If that clause had not been added, I'm sure we would have had to pay a fair bit more for him.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #545 on: June 17, 2019, 09:22:25 PM »
A good signing based on price and potential but it seems a bit of a stretch that he'll go straight into the first team.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #546 on: June 17, 2019, 09:25:50 PM »

😂😂

"It's possible" is entirely different to, the rather more definitive "he'll get found out in no time" from resident misery arse Goldie.

Ah, I see. He did rather put it as a matter of fact, now I've read it again, didn't he!?

I do agree that he's probably been bought in as squad member though. I hope we have better in mind, as a regular starter. I honestly think we'll need better to survive, on what I've seen.

I suppose he might prove me wrong and be outstanding next season. That would be a real bargain.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #547 on: June 17, 2019, 09:27:57 PM »

😂😂

There were a lot of players ahead of him at Wolves and had been injured.  They let him go out on loan to get games.  We had the sense to agree a fixed amount to buy him at the end of the loan period.  If that clause had not been added, I'm sure we would have had to pay a fair bit more for him.

Have you got a link to that?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #548 on: June 17, 2019, 09:30:36 PM »

😂😂

To what?

Offline Villa75

« Reply #549 on: June 17, 2019, 09:49:34 PM »

😂😂

To what?

To the fact that the £3 million fee was agreed up front.

Online danno

« Reply #550 on: June 17, 2019, 10:03:10 PM »
To the fact that the £3 million fee was agreed up front.

Article from January specifically mentions the option to buy.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46786646

The fee isn't stated, but an option to make the deal permanent would be pointless unless the fee is agreed upon beforehand.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #551 on: June 17, 2019, 10:13:36 PM »
He was solid replacing Mings at Wembley I think he's a steal at 3 million. He could also do a job at left back if needed.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #552 on: June 17, 2019, 10:35:28 PM »

😂😂

Isn’t that how any market works? They think he’s worth selling for £3m and we think he’s worth buying for £3m.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #553 on: June 17, 2019, 10:57:25 PM »

Did you watch any games after the Wigan defeat?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #554 on: June 17, 2019, 11:16:23 PM »

Did you watch any games after the Wigan defeat?

Highly unlikely. He had a nightmare start a la Ugo then showed what he is capable of. He was imperious when he replaced the Emperor in the final.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal