collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 0-3 Swansea City Post Match Thread  (Read 24851 times)

Offline footyskillz

Re: Aston Villa 0-3 Swansea City Post Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »
Deano can say he gave some players a chance to impress and they failed.

This was a feature of the Bruce period as well, on the occassions that young or fringe players had a chance they rarely took it and gave him selection problems.

I just think it's entirely the wrong way to be going about things as far as the young players are concerned.  Somebody like O'Hare should be getting 20-30 minutes at the end of league games.  Just thrusting them into some dog's arse of a team in a one off cup game and saying "there you go, you've got once chance to impress me" achieves absolutely nothing as far as I can see.  Think back to when we had the likes of Albrighton making cameo appearances for Young and Downing in the Pubehead days.  A much better way of going about things in my opinion.  Because let's face it, how many games has Hogan influenced when coming on as a sub?  How many goals has he scored when coming off the bench?  He normally has about 4-5 touches tops, amd does absolutely nothing.

Absolute bloody lutely . Needs more playing experience than in a judgement on a make shift team .

Players need run of matches.
Hopefully bree can have a run at right back for example .
The soft cheese namesake like many others haven't had much opportunity .

Once injured they seem to be repeatedly injured and never up to speed because they don't get match time minutes at intense level.
Under 23 isn't the same.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2019, 06:40:22 PM »
The game was rubbish highlight for me having a chat with Dave Woodhall at half time.

They say there's always someone worse off than yourself.

Too true Lee but I love chatting with my good friend Dave for me it's a pleasure to talk football with friends.

No worries Daz, the one time I tried to chat to him ended with me buying 2 more copies of a fazine I already owned.
I reckon pro-rata it was more expensive than phonig Clubcall.

And they say I'm losing my touch...

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2019, 12:35:23 AM »
A lad I know on the Lower Holte reckoned that someone behind him said that Smith should be sacked and that Phil Brown should be brought in as a replacement.

Phil Brown!!

Fuck me!!!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2019, 12:52:47 AM »
A lad I know on the Lower Holte reckoned that someone behind him said that Smith should be sacked and that Phil Brown should be brought in as a replacement.

Phil Brown!!

Fuck me!!!
There is some heavy shit being smoked these days

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal