collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-2 QPR post match thread  (Read 18255 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Aston Villa 2-2 QPR post match thread
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2019, 11:45:37 AM »
Not good enough.

No point griping about their approach or the shit ref, as it was us not being good enough that cost us. Again.

The squad needs an overhaul. Hutton played better on the left when he had Terry shouting at him all game. He's a trier but a headless chicken.

Their tactics and the poor refere were a part of the game so it is only natural that they are going to get a mention on the post match thread. Particularly when you have sat in the cold watching the calculated nature of their time wasting, players taking it in turn to feign injury and with the officials seemingly indifferent to it.

We didn’t win the game because too many players performed poorly. However, their approach to it really pissed me off as it was clearly under instruction from the manager.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2019, 11:55:58 AM »
Thought the midfield was terrible yesterday. If hourahane doesn’t score he contributes nothing but sloppy passing and general shitness. McGinn was useless as well.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2019, 12:43:58 PM »
On the bright side, I thought Bree and Elphick both did well.

and Hutton 😁
I thought defensively both were half decent but with the ball both were shocking. Aimless passing from both of them. Tommy just hoofs it or looks for the kind of pass Messi would be proud of and invariably gives it to the opposition. Hate to sound alarmist but we need a whole new defence. Hopefully the new keeper will be the starting point. As for Hutton well thanks for the memories but it's time to go.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 12:54:08 PM by The Edge »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2019, 12:53:35 PM »

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2019, 01:11:21 PM »
The linesman on the Doug Ellis stand side stood and watched QPR players jump into the crowd when they scored the 2nd goal yet chose not to draw the referees attention to it - think one of the 2 that did it had already been booked - shocking ineptness.  Referee himself had a poor game though it does make me laugh when you see said 40yr old fatman making free kicks be retaken 2yds away because he is so obv in need of a breather.

Ah the second goal. Surprised as initially Eze just stood by our fans celebrating and then the one camera went away from him towards halfway line (was watching in a pub).

So aswell as wasting minutes taking throw ins and goal kicks they also decide to string out a goal celebration over 3 minutes!

There were 2 celebrations, the majority went to the scorer but those the other side of pitch ran into their fans

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2019, 01:30:01 PM »
Steer - cannot be blamed for anything - in fact made a crucial save at the end

Bree - Did ok but not effective as Elmo going forward

Chester - Can sometimes look like a headless chicken, especially when faced with a long punt, but he must be a nervous wreck with the amount of space there is between him and Hutton.

Hutton - Lots of heart and grit but very little in the way of ability (dog shit goal aside) I am convinced tactically astute Managers let him come forward as they know the huge space he leaves behind when his long burst down the flank inevitably comes to nothing. The distance he has between himself and the player he is marking is criminal and every cross field ball the winger is allowed to control it completely unchallenged. Cult hero is very much a liability I am afraid and this position is a top priority to fill.

Elphick - great leadership qualities and did not really do anything wrong - easily the better of the 2 CB's

Bjarnasson - Not sure what his best role is - and seemingly neither does DS.

Hourihane - slow on the ball, does not track runners and if he did not score the odd goal you would not notice him on the pitch at times

McGinn - Does some great things, especially with his arse blocking, but looks knackered and gets less effective as the game goes on

Adomah - clearly working back to fitness

Kodjia - Has all the ability and none of the application - lazy at times and his lack of work rate exposes the full backs on either side he is operating

Abrahams - This will sound like heresy, especially as the guy just keeps scoring, but he reminds me very much of Darren Bent in so far as if he is not scoring then his contribution to the game is so low that we end up playing like we have 10 men.

Subs:
Bolasie - meh
El Ghazi - great cross and needs to be involved with the ball more - maybe as some others have suggested maybe an attacking central MF role would suit.
Whelan - Deano - just admit you got that wrong

Deano

Next game - I know us old farts want the FA cup but you need to rest a few and try some of the kids out - especially in MF and forward roles - we need a spark until Jack is back

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2019, 03:43:16 PM »
Hutton and Bjarnason have got to go

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2019, 05:25:16 PM »
Bjarnson dreadful on Sat. Hourihane not much better. It’s like we need a whole new team.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2019, 05:29:52 PM »
Bjarnson dreadful on Sat. Hourihane not much better. It’s like we need a whole new team.

When you think our defense is shocking, our midfield weak and our attack full of loanees, then you're probably right.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2019, 05:42:01 PM »
It’s hard to judge the midfield though when the defence is so poor. We have enough good midfielders in the squad, especially in attack, and I’d like to see how they do in front of a back line they don’t constantly have to bail out including a DCM who can actually run and pass as well as tackle.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2019, 10:51:14 PM »
The Prize Twat Who Shall Forever Be Known As Clem got quite excited on the BBC when QPR went 2-1 up.

"If this score stays the same, it will mean that Dean Smith's record as manager will be almost identical to that of Steve Bruce!!"

Ah, but it didn't, Clem.

And to save you some research, SB's last 10 league games saw us win one match, despite the fixtures looking quite favourable. DS's record is one defeat in the last eleven, against some much tougher-looking teams.

Yeah, no difference there then, Clem!!

Where do they get these twats?!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal