collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-2 QPR post match thread  (Read 18250 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Re: Aston Villa 2-2 QPR post match thread
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 05:11:14 PM »
Bolasie and Kodjia square those chances and we might have won. But overall we were really poor and so was the ref. And as for QPR, time wasting buggers. Summed up by their keeper getting booked for time wasting yet still took another minute to take the kick.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »
Terrible shit.

Really??? I must have watched a very different game to you. We had nearly 25 shots on goal (to their 10 odd), I thought played some really nice football, and without some of our key players. Great effort in my opinion.

Added to that, another point closer to automatics (because top 3 screwed up again), and we did not lose ground on the top 6. Re-enforcements on their way, a break now till the next league game - I remain very positive we will be back in the PL next year albeit certainly most likely via the play offs 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 05:11:36 PM »
Fucking dreadful.  If Bruce has served up our last few performances this place would be in meltdown.

Did you really expect it to change so quickly? These are all Bruce’s players who for the most part are fucking plodders and the best and most cultured player out injured.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 05:11:56 PM »
14 minutes added time. Ref was abysmal again. Bookings should have started around the 65 minute mark. Honestly, draw, draw, draw, we have no chance of automatics. We will do well to get in the top 6 because every week we have to score 2 or 3 to get anything from the game.

We get in decent positions and one of our army of thickos fuck it up by trying to be Pele. We need some time off now get a few replacements in and sort ourselves out because as usual we've been shite over the Christmas new year period and pissed points away all over the shop.

Smith, have a word with Kodjia and Bolasie and Hourihane, track backyou cock. Hutton has to be replaced, funny as the cafu hilarity is he's shit and costs us points.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 05:12:10 PM »
We had 60% of the possession, 22 shots to their 11, 9 corners to their 1 and they committed 21 fouls to our 10. Which suggests that we were very much the dominant team. Quite simply, the reason we won't finish in the top two and may not even finish in the top six is that we concede far too many goals for a team hoping to get promoted.

Offline john2710

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 05:12:22 PM »
These draws are killing us.

It's player's that are not good enough that's killing us, coupled with the lack of alternatives who are worse or don't exist.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2019, 05:13:15 PM »
We are a mid table second division team.
Hourihane Hutton Bjarnson Awful.
Bolasie the show pony’s show pony.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2019, 05:13:36 PM »
We are so predictable and slow paced without Grealish.

Offline mike

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2019, 05:13:56 PM »
When Smith took over, I fully expected automatic promotion, I now don’t expect play offs. If we can’t beat Preston away and QPR at home, we won’t get promoted. I hoped we had signings lined up to sort our defence as soon as the window opened, but it doesn’t look like it. We can’t expect Jack to be here next year, it looks bleak to me.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 05:16:21 PM »
Just so disjointed without Jack knitting it all together. Huge player for us. Got to get fit or replaced fast.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 05:17:08 PM »
Terrible shit.

Really??? I must have watched a very different game to you. We had nearly 25 shots on goal (to their 10 odd), I thought played some really nice football, and without some of our key players. Great effort in my opinion.

Added to that, another point closer to automatics (because top 3 screwed up again), and we did not lose ground on the top 6. Re-enforcements on their way, a break now till the next league game - I remain very positive we will be back in the PL next year albeit certainly most likely via the play offs
Like the cut of your jib. Please sit by me in the Lower Holte.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »
Apparently none of the clubs positioned 3-6 this time last year finished in the play offs.

Apart from us. We were 5th after the New Year's day games last season.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2019, 05:17:23 PM »
Meh.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »
To me we are now a hybrid of Bruce and Smith. And the transition is going to look ugly. We should have won that game based on the possession and shot stats. Something we could never achieve with Bruce. But we are let down still by terrible defending and when we get desperate we go back to hit and hope. Smith needs time to change out the players and reinforce what he always wants to do. It just won’t happen in a few months.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2019, 05:18:22 PM »
Trouble with our squad is that most of the talent is on paper.  A lot of them disappoint too often for a club with our ambitions.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal