collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lovre Kalinic - Gone Gone  (Read 59833 times)

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
Re: Lovre Kalinic
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 11:05:49 PM »
One thing about Nyland is his distribution is really pretty good. I'd say the best of any Villa keeper since maybe Friedel or before. He still might turn into a good keeper in a couple of years, once he develops a bit of manly authority about him. For now his confidence is probably shot, and he needs replacing, but a loan out or a time on the bench is maybe the way to go with him.

He's 28 and a half years old, not a kid. He doesn't have a couple of years to develop into a good keeper. If he's not good enough now, get rid. I do agree about his distribution though.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 11:33:58 PM »
I would Love Nyland to be on the bench and replaced by someone decent.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 01:58:08 AM »
ToryGraph

Aston Villa close to signing Croatia goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic for £7m

John Percy
19 December 2018 • 8:12pm

Aston Villa are close to signing Ghent goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic for £7 million in an ambitious move by head coach Dean Smith.

Kalinic is expected to have a medical at Villa's training ground on Thursday with the two clubs in advanced talks over a permanent deal.

A Croatia international, Kalinic almost joined Villa nearly three years ago when Remi Garde was in charge but he is poised to finally complete a move to the Championship club in the next few days.

Villa have targeted a new No 1 amid doubts over summer signing Orjan Nyland and believe Kalinic, 28, will provide the experience required in Smith's bid for promotion. It is understood Ghent are seeking between €5-10 million.

Kalinic flew into Birmingham on Wednesday and should complete the formalities of his move before this weekend's game against Leeds. He will not be eligible to play until the January transfer window opens, however.

Smith is also targeting a centre-half and a left-back next month after guiding Villa towards the play-off places.

Tammy Abraham's future remains uncertain with Chelsea considering whether to sell the England international. Villa are relaxed about the situation and could still have Abraham on loan for the remainder of the season if they remain in contention for promotion.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2018, 07:08:52 AM »
surely if this happens one or two of our   keepers have to leave?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2018, 07:14:07 AM »
We certainly need at least one new keeper but I think I’d prefer a player who has already played in England.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2018, 07:45:53 AM »
surely if this happens one or two of our   keepers have to leave?
I would guess Moreira's loan would end.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 09:28:09 AM »
The most pointless loan of all time and proof, if it were needed, that Bruce is a fucking idiot. Any six year old with access to Football Manager could have told him how many loan players you could name in a squad, FFS.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:32:04 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 09:30:31 AM »
ToryGraph

Aston Villa close to signing Croatia goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic for £7m

John Percy
19 December 2018 • 8:12pm

Aston Villa are close to signing Ghent goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic for £7 million in an ambitious move by head coach Dean Smith.

Kalinic is expected to have a medical at Villa's training ground on Thursday with the two clubs in advanced talks over a permanent deal.

A Croatia international, Kalinic almost joined Villa nearly three years ago when Remi Garde was in charge but he is poised to finally complete a move to the Championship club in the next few days.

Villa have targeted a new No 1 amid doubts over summer signing Orjan Nyland and believe Kalinic, 28, will provide the experience required in Smith's bid for promotion. It is understood Ghent are seeking between €5-10 million.

Kalinic flew into Birmingham on Wednesday and should complete the formalities of his move before this weekend's game against Leeds. He will not be eligible to play until the January transfer window opens, however.

Smith is also targeting a centre-half and a left-back next month after guiding Villa towards the play-off places.

Tammy Abraham's future remains uncertain with Chelsea considering whether to sell the England international. Villa are relaxed about the situation and could still have Abraham on loan for the remainder of the season if they remain in contention for promotion.

Lovre Jubbly.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2018, 09:31:46 AM »
This keeper sounds good to me. Get it done, please Villa.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2018, 09:36:19 AM »
The most pointless loan of all time and proof, if it were needed, that Bruce is a fucking idiot. Any six year old with access to Football Manager could have told him how many loan players you could name in a squad, FFS.
Not wanting to defend Bruce in anyway, but I suspect he had no involvement in the the loan of that goalie.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2018, 09:52:46 AM »
I would be happy with this signing it's an area we badly need to get right.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »
Seems like a very smart move, will add quality and help the whole defence look more solid.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2018, 10:18:30 AM »
Anyone know what his distribution is like?

Hopefully he will be fantastic, but Heaton sounded like the sensible option to me?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »
Anyone know what his distribution is like?

Hopefully he will be fantastic, but Heaton sounded like the sensible option to me?

Are we allowed to loan any more players? 

Even if we are, buying our own now seems more sensible to me.  Otherwise we end up with the position Bruce left us in where we have to replace half a team again in the summer.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2018, 10:22:48 AM »
Presumably if the deal gets done today it will be an official unveiling/ availability to play from the start of Jan? Good that we're not pissing about and we're getting the deals done beforehand if so.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal