collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow on 5Live Sportsweek  (Read 15777 times)

Offline Pvb1968

Re: Christian Purslow on 5Live Sportsweek
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2019, 08:54:55 PM »
0890 50 50 50,  I'm sure it was dodgy.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2019, 08:58:33 PM »
I loved late night TV,   married with children, Prisoner cell block H and central job finder.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2019, 09:05:18 PM »
Join the Trust, it's, pennies.
💪✌️👍

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2019, 09:27:09 PM »
I loved late night TV,   married with children, Prisoner cell block H and central job finder.

That's just made me shudder about something I'd forgotten. I used to pretend to be asleep when my parents checked on me then I'd sneak my TV on at a tiny volume, only to be confronted by the AIDS ads*. Utterly terrifying, yet I didn't quite understand why.

*"Ad" is probably the wrong word here.

Edit: there were heroin ads too, which to my eight-year-old-mind, gave the impression that you didn't really have a choice as to whether or not you'd end up as a heroin addict, it was coming for you regardless.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:29:18 PM by Sexual Ealing »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2019, 09:36:38 PM »
Thanks for posting that pvb. 

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2019, 09:49:18 PM »
Talk's cheap.

I tried telling that to my old man when he saw the phone bill from Clubcall

So who was that star we're signing?

I think it was David Speedie.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2019, 10:08:48 PM »

That's just made me shudder about something I'd forgotten. I used to pretend to be asleep when my parents checked on me then I'd sneak my TV on at a tiny volume, only to be confronted by the AIDS ads*. Utterly terrifying, yet I didn't quite understand why.

Edit: there were heroin ads too, which to my eight-year-old-mind, gave the impression that you didn't really have a choice as to whether or not you'd end up as a heroin addict, it was coming for you regardless.

When I first got a portable TV with a remote in my bedroom it was around 1984 when late night snooker was big. I used to watch snooker late at night with some Blu Tac over the standby button light so if my mum or dad checked in on me I could just put it on standby without the red light giving me away. Sometimes I even used to watch Open University even though I never had a clue what they were going on about.  Back in 1987 when ITV started broadcasting into the early hours and introduced their new late night/early morning line up I got addicted to Prisoner Cell Block H. It coincided with my O' levels so my parents thought I was staying up revising. It is a shame they didn't have an O' level exam in 'Prisoner Cell Block H'.

I did get slightly addicted to Clubcall in the summer BFR took over and signed a new player every other day that summer, but luckily it was a short lived addiction and once the season started I didn't bother with it much.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:11:36 PM by Damo70 »

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2019, 10:12:15 PM »

When I first got a portable TV with a remote in my bedroom it was around 1984 when late night snooker was big. I used to watch snooker late at night with some Blu Tac over the standby button light so if my mum or dad checked in on me I could just put it on standby without the red light giving me away. Sometimes I even used to watch Open University even though I never had a clue what they were going on about.  Back in 1987 when ITV started broadcasting into the early hours and introduced their new late night/early morning line up I got addicted to Prisoner Cell Block H. It coincided with my O' levels so my parents thought I was staying up revising. It is a shame they didn't have an O' level exam in 'Prisoner Cell Block H'.

I did get slightly addicted to Clubcall in the summer BFR took over and signed a new player every other day that summer, but luckily it was a short lived addiction and once the season started I didn't bother with it much.

I loved Prisoner, Bea Smith was ace

Offline Damo70

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2019, 10:28:19 PM »

At the height of my Prisoner Cell Block H addiction I spent a month in Australia staying at my aunt and uncles around Christmas 1987. When I told my aunt I loved the show (which she informed me had ended several years before over there) she told me one of the stars was mates with her next door neighbours. A few days later at a barbeque I was introduced to a lady called Maggie who was apparently a star on the show. I didn't recognise her at all or the character she told me about. Then several months later when I was back in England she started appearing as Joan 'The freak' Ferguson. A few years later I met Val Lehmen who played Bea Smith when she did a personal appearance and a Q&A at Pagoda Park in town.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »

At the height of my Prisoner Cell Block H addiction I spent a month in Australia staying at my aunt and uncles around Christmas 1987. When I told my aunt I loved the show (which she informed me had ended several years before over there) she told me one of the stars was mates with her next door neighbours. A few days later at a barbeque I was introduced to a lady called Maggie who was apparently a star on the show. I didn't recognise her at all or the character she told me about. Then several months later when I was back in England she started appearing as Joan 'The freak' Ferguson. A few years later I met Val Lehmen who played Bea Smith when she did a personal appearance and a Q&A at Pagoda Park in town.

wow that is brilliant I forgot about the freak and good old  Lizzy Birdsworth.  The tired mornings at school after a late session of Prisoner

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2019, 10:54:35 PM »
"CP was asked whether supporters could be auto-enrolled as members of the trust as part of the season ticket renewal process."

GDPR says hello.
I thought this was a laughable suggestion from the floor but no doubt a "planted" one. Purslow hit it for a six in his own diplomatic way.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2019, 10:57:38 PM »
Weren't we saying the same about likes of Wyness and Round? And even Tom Fox from memory got a good write up after his first interview?

Not criticising Purslow at all and at least he's worked in this role before at Liverpool but after last 8 years it's a case of don't tell me but show me I'm afraid.

I'll wait to see how the new board copes with setbacks. Let's see how we do if we don't go up and then have to sell Grealish to meet FFP. Or even if a premier league club comes in to poach Smith although that's less likely than 10 years ago.

That's how it's happened in the past. New owners/directors talk a good game and them crumble when things start to go wrong. They made a good start appointing Smith though.
Totally agree SoccerHQ. Listening to Purslow on Wednesday night he came across as very smooth, very assured character but than at this level they all do. Faulkner, Fox, Whyness and Round they all talked a good talk however they all dropped us deeper and deeper in the manure.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2019, 02:40:40 AM »

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2019, 02:49:16 AM »

Personally, that's the only reason why I dipped into a thread ambiguously titled Christian Purslow on 5Live Sportsweek.

Bumped into Harold Bishop's shit-shoed son up Collins Street, Melbourne CBD circa 2005. Grey suit, white Hi Tecs.

When you hit that level of success you can afford to be eccentric.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2019, 05:18:22 AM »
Purslow has said that we’re Aston Villa and we’re not going to have a parade for, effectively, finishing third. That’s exactly the mindset I want us to have. Good man.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal