collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 34419 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 08, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »
I know Ged really well. He doesn't support a local club but rest assured he has a lot of time, admiration and knowledge for/about the Villa, now and in the past. No need for us to get precious.

I took his comments about our support as complementary. He was interviewed before the Blues game on 5Live and seemed positive about us. My only gripe was he kept calling us Aston Villa instead of The Villa, as if he was a stranger to the area.

As an aside, the BBC report said we had not won an away league game on a Friday night since Wrexham in 1972!!

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #241 on: December 08, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »
Just watched the highlights. The throw they took in the lead up to the double hand ball bounces before it enters the field of play.

The linesman wants sacking, the Stripey c***.
I just watched that back and your spot on. The ball bounced at least one foot behind the line. Shocking miss by the officials who then went on to miss J Rod juggling the ball into the net with his hands. They should never be allowed to officiate again.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #242 on: December 08, 2018, 05:04:47 PM »
Pig sick I missed  yesterday, seems a million years since by last game Blues - holiday and work. (call myself a proper villa fan ha),

Moving onto last night and the Albion - in my lifetime on the pitch they have been our main local rivals. Horrible cheating, dirty and nothing  like the Brazil they were once compared with.  I try not to dislike them like I  do Blues but no I hate the both of them for different reasons and I am  and  have never been local. 

Moving on to the match at the Smallthorns is it any surprise to anyone that the facilities are so poor.  Everything about them is that way, their football generally, their support, their ground.

Anyway upwards and onwards two difficult homes before Swansea - which I am already dreading my long day out and Preston a nice local one (relatively) with a proper piss up.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #243 on: December 08, 2018, 05:15:41 PM »
Pig sick I missed  yesterday, seems a million years since by last game Blues - holiday and work. (call myself a proper villa fan ha),

Moving onto last night and the Albion - in my lifetime on the pitch they have been our main local rivals. Horrible cheating, dirty and nothing  like the Brazil they were once compared with.  I try not to dislike them like I  do Blues but no I hate the both of them for different reasons and I am  and  have never been local. 

Moving on to the match at the Smallthorns is it any surprise to anyone that the facilities are so poor.  Everything about them is that way, their football generally, their support, their ground.

Anyway upwards and onwards two difficult homes before Swansea - which I am already dreading my long day out and Preston a nice local one (relatively) with a proper piss up.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #244 on: December 08, 2018, 05:49:12 PM »
Just watched the highlights. The throw they took in the lead up to the double hand ball bounces before it enters the field of play.

I just watched that back and your spot on. The ball bounced at least one foot behind the line. Shocking miss by the officials who then went on to miss J Rod juggling the ball into the net with his hands. They should never be allowed to officiate again.

Hanging would be too good for them.

Offline devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2018, 08:25:41 PM »
We should have been out of sight by the time of their second "goal". Abraham missed 3 great chances.

Also, Nyland should have either claimed that cross or cleared it. He's a liability. The real villains for me though are the officials, especially the twat linesman who should have seen the handball.

The fact that they're overjoyed to draw with us at home with a handball goal shows how much they now fear us and is testament to how far we've come since Smith took over. We're still a better team than them and I'm very confident that we'll at least get in the play-offs. El Ghazi looked like Ronaldo last night, he's awesome but needs to learn to track back a bit more.

Drawing to a goal that shouldn't have stood always hurts but the bigger picture is still a Van Gogh compared to the primitive cave daubings under Bruce. UTV.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2018, 10:07:09 PM »
Miley Cyrus is fucking ugly.  She looks like a snake.  Sorry, watching the Graham Norton show whilst I type!  Up the Villa. 
Harsh. Nearly 16.5m You Tube views in ten days would suggest you're in the minority  ;)

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2018, 10:15:04 PM »

Hanging would be too good for them.

Yes. They should tie them to trees and chuck badgers at them.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2018, 01:41:43 AM »
We should have been out of sight by the time of their second "goal". Abraham missed 3 great chances.

Also, Nyland should have either claimed that cross or cleared it. He's a liability. The real villains for me though are the officials, especially the twat linesman who should have seen the handball.

Agree that we should have been out of sight, but one of the things we are going to have to do if we are going to go on the type of run we need to to be challenging for automatic promotion is to have the ability to close out tight games.  I didn't think we managed the closing staged of the game very well and were not exactly helped by Kodjia who kept giving the ball away and then didn't track back well for the goal.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2018, 01:44:19 AM »
This was possibly our hardest game of the season. We've outplayed them, at their place and got robbed by a poor decision. All in all, things are looking up. With this team, this manager and the way we are playing against all of our rivals, there is no way we will be anything but in contention for promotion.

We will be up there this season.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2018, 03:48:39 AM »
Quote from: Newby link=topic=59225.msg3520711#
msg3520711 date=1544224564
Miley Cyrus is fucking ugly.  She looks like a snake.  Sorry, watching the Graham Norton show whilst I type!  Up the Villa. 
Harsh. Nearly 16.5m You Tube views in ten days would suggest you're in the minority  ;)
Graham Norton, what a truly awful host of a show. I loved watching parkinson interview real superstars without trying to be funny every three seconds. As for hanna Montana, you wouldn't look at her twice if she served you in home bargains.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2018, 12:07:09 PM »
Graham Norton, what a truly awful host of a show. I loved watching parkinson interview real superstars without trying to be funny every three seconds. As for hanna Montana, you wouldn't look at her twice if she served you in home bargains.

Yeah cus we all look like Richard Gere in real life

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2018, 12:10:18 PM »

I'm trying to imagine myself going into a shop called 'Home Bargains', and failing.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2018, 12:12:32 PM »
Snob.  ;)

I know what you mean about Parkinson back in the day, Newby. Real legends like Richard Burton & Muhammad Ali: it's the Modern Dumbing Down of Showbiz for you.

Depressing, isn't it?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:19:09 PM by Behind Bluenose Lines »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2018, 12:26:43 PM »

I'm trying to imagine myself going into a shop called 'Home Bargains', and failing.

It's depressing. Trust me on that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal