collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: James Collins  (Read 16021 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: James Collins
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2018, 06:20:23 PM »
Would rather get the JCB out and pull Dicke Dunne out of Burger King personally.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2018, 10:03:12 AM »
Couldn't we have just rehired Chris Samba?

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2018, 01:01:27 PM »
For five weeks it's a sensible deal as an emergency until we can get someone in January.
My hope is that he won't be needed with Jedinak back.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2018, 03:36:38 PM »
He played top division football last season and for many seasons before that. He knows the game and what to do. He's a useful addition for the next 5 weeks because, let's face it, we're fucked if we get injuries. He'll have also been useful in training for the front players to play against.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
Absolutely.  Under the circumstances it's hard to see why anyone would be against this move.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »
I think his behaviour last time he was at the club is a valid reason to be less than thrilled. It's quite legitimate to wonder if there might be another decent available centre half who didn't once punch a club legend.

Offline achilles

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »
Absolutely.  Under the circumstances it's hard to see why anyone would be against this move.

Totally agree, no brainer to me!
If Axel or Chester had got injured on Saturday then Jedi would have had to come on although still 'injured' and definitely not match fit!

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2018, 04:36:49 PM »
I think his behaviour last time he was at the club is a valid reason to be less than thrilled. It's quite legitimate to wonder if there might be another decent available centre half who didn't once punch a club legend.
Of course it is.  But he has been training with the team for the while now and is the obvious answer to help get us through a potential short term problem. 

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »
Of course it is.  But he has been training with the team for the while now and is the obvious answer to help get us through a potential short term problem.

Yes, but you said it was hard to see why anyone would be against it so I gave you a cracking good reason why. And you agreed. So it's not hard at all.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »

Yes, but you said it was hard to see why anyone would be against it so I gave you a cracking good reason why. And you agreed. So it's not hard at all.
Right, as at today's date when ideally we need cover this week I suspect other options are extremely limited to non existent.  There's certainly no other experienced operators available who are fit and already familiar with the current squad and systems as Collins will be having trained with us.  So, given the choice of nobody or a player who has been training with the club for a few months, I still can't see why anybody would be against it under the current circumstances. So yeah, even if you don't like him (which I can understand) I do find it hard to understand why you would be against the short term move.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2018, 05:15:07 PM »
We need cover at centre half and he provides cover at centre half.  This deal is not a problem for me.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2018, 05:29:36 PM »
5 week deal is fine for me, perhaps Deano already has someone lined up to come to the club in January on a more long term basis.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2018, 05:32:09 PM »

Right, as at today's date when ideally we need cover this week I suspect other options are extremely limited to non existent.  There's certainly no other experienced operators available who are fit and already familiar with the current squad and systems as Collins will be having trained with us.  So, given the choice of nobody or a player who has been training with the club for a few months, I still can't see why anybody would be against it under the current circumstances. So yeah, even if you don't like him (which I can understand) I do find it hard to understand why you would be against the short term move.

it’s still a good reason and that’s what you asked for
the fact you don’t like the reason and argue against it is fair enough but it’s still a good reason none the less

and we haven’t seen him play yet

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2018, 06:45:11 PM »
Given it's a few weeks I'll accept that it's about the best option but I can't be happy about it, he's a twat that I'd rather had nothing to do with the club.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2018, 07:01:42 PM »

We have worked hard over the last couple of years to rid the club of all the wasters, with only one knackered donkey left to get rid of. It goes against the grain to sign another ageing troublemaker. That said he's signed and if he plays I will support the managers decision but hopefully he will not get the call.

I feel that there may have been better options without the history, available for the short period we require him for.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal