collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tuanzebe and Taylor  (Read 4448 times)

Offline rougegorge

Re: Tuanzebe and Taylor
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 12:44:53 PM »
I had doubts about Tuanzebe, and he still doesn't head it well (no jump for the second goal yesterday), but I can see he could be a good centre back and is generally very comfortable on the ball.

Regarding Taylor, it's a shame, but he clearly must have been affected by the Coleman tackle. I know people say that players should play in their designated positions, but for now I would definitely go with Bruce's preference for ElMo at right back and Cafu at left back.

Offline mike

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 01:16:28 PM »
What’s this bollocks about “real fan”?

I'm embarrassed how little I get to see an actual match is all.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 11:08:31 PM »
But mike you are as real as the rest of us.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 11:12:48 PM »

What if we are just part of a dream he's having and when he wakes up we cease to exist?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
I had doubts about Tuanzebe, and he still doesn't head it well (no jump for the second goal yesterday), but I can see he could be a good centre back and is generally very comfortable on the ball.

Regarding Taylor, it's a shame, but he clearly must have been affected by the Coleman tackle. I know people say that players should play in their designated positions, but for now I would definitely go with Bruce's preference for ElMo at right back and Cafu at left back.

Tuanzebe is very good on the ball but takes chances, particularly letting the ball bounce, that he simply will not get away with against better players. He is really poor in the air. On the plus side Tuanzebe coming in ahead of Jedinak really helps us keep the ball a lot better and also enables us play a much higher line. We are still conceding chances by the bag full against very average sides.

no comparison of Johnstone/Chester/Terry v Nyland/Tuanzebe/Chester. Getting Taylor out of the side would be a start, their winger ran past him like he wasnt there in the second half yesterday. Monk substituted him a few minutes later which was bizarre.

Offline mike

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 09:31:40 AM »
Thanks for all this. What little I've seen, we do still look defensively fragile. I suppose the fact that Smith is sticking with Taylor made me hope he was getting better. I haven't seen anyone asking for Jedinak to go back to centre half... Bruce really had lost the plot by the end.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 09:52:42 AM »

What if we are just part of a dream he's having and when he wakes up we cease to exist?

Alright Morpheus.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 11:13:55 AM »
I thought he should have done more to prevent their second tbh.
Look where Alan Hutton is for their second i would make him more culpable than Taylor if i'm honest.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 11:45:11 AM »
I thought he should have done more to prevent their second tbh.
Look where Alan Hutton is for their second i would make him more culpable than Taylor if i'm honest.
...and Hourihane!

Offline Mellin

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 12:15:38 PM »
Hourihane for me. Gave him a free run. Have to be more disciplined than that if he's to play at the base of a 3 (which I'd like to see, just needs more time to learn the trade).

As for Taylor, there's a player in there and he's improved recently. I'd rather persevere rather than bring in, say, Ashley Cole.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 12:43:22 PM »
Hourihane for me. Gave him a free run. Have to be more disciplined than that if he's to play at the base of a 3 (which I'd like to see, just needs more time to learn the trade).

As for Taylor, there's a player in there and he's improved recently. I'd rather persevere rather than bring in, say, Ashley Cole.

Christ!  Talk about choosing between the Devil and the deep blue sea!  I'm sure we can find a better replacement than Ashley Cole!!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2018, 01:32:27 PM »

He wasn't at the base of the 3 at that point, Whelan was. The problem was that Whelan came back alongside the centre backs which meant there was a big gap in midfield and Taylor, Hutton and Hourihane were all out of position, he then played a 50/50 ball into Tammy who was, effectively, double marked and didn't have a first time pass on (because of big gap) so he had to try to turn away and he lost the ball.

Once we'd lost the ball all 3 of the guyds I named were slow getting into position which gave them time to cross and meant pedersen was unmarked in the box but Whelan was the root of it for me.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2018, 10:12:05 PM »
Whelan was the Sunday, but Hourihane has been generally speaking under Smith. Absolutely shite defensively tonight though and I take back my above comment about learning his trade. One of Bjarnsson, Jedinak or Whelan has to play.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »
Whelan was the Sunday, but Hourihane has been generally speaking under Smith. Absolutely shite defensively tonight though and I take back my above comment about learning his trade. One of Bjarnsson, Jedinak or Whelan has to play.

I agree Houriane  was no where tonight when they attacked and TBH going forward he was hit and miss too , few dodgy corners and shots

Really for now its only Whelan who can come in as the other 2 are injured as is Lansbury .

Tuanzebe was good enough tonight strong on ball and certainly the better of the 2 CB's ,Taylor has improved but he is never more than average always just a little too slow or to weak for me.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 10:33:34 PM »
Tonight their 3 behind Grabban were far too quick for Hourihane, even when he tried to cover he was chasing shadows. Sadly I don't think we anyone who'd have been the right option in front of the back 4 tonight and at least Hourihane does something at the other end to make up for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal