collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Moral Victories. We Never Get Any Luck.  (Read 25824 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Moral Victories. We Never Get Any Luck.
« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2018, 03:42:35 PM »
To be fair if you see some of the videos from the lower north there wasn't much class amongst our fans there.  They seemed to spend far more time watching and gesticulating to the Blues fans than they did the game.  And they seem very proud of on fb / twitter etc.  I always like to think we're a cut above, but the reality is we have our own bellends too.

And as for various peoples comments about them being obsessed and for us it's 'just another game,' a 9 page pisstake thread would suggest otherwise!

I can always go back to quoting Steve Bruce post match bullshit bingo cliches?
I think it's a good thing that those who go to the lower north do so to have a go back at goons like the ones blues bring. It definitely spices up the atmosphere. It's better than having a load of people with their kids getting abused all day like they used to. I've sat there when my lads were kids and it wasn't nice. Chris1 calling them bellends is a bit out of order imo.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 03:49:13 PM by The Edge »

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2018, 03:51:42 PM »
To be fair if you see some of the videos from the lower north there wasn't much class amongst our fans there.  They seemed to spend far more time watching and gesticulating to the Blues fans than they did the game.  And they seem very proud of on fb / twitter etc.  I always like to think we're a cut above, but the reality is we have our own bellends too.

And as for various peoples comments about them being obsessed and for us it's 'just another game,' a 9 page pisstake thread would suggest otherwise!

I think it's a good thing that those who go to the lower north do so to have a go back at goons like the ones blues bring. It definitely spices up the atmosphere. It's better than having a load of people with their kids getting abused all day like they used to. I've sat there when my lads were kids and it wasn't nice. Chris1 calling them bellends is out of order imo.

I disagree and although I probably did exactly the same myself when I was in my teens, I find it embarrassing now.

Why pay good money to watch and goad away fans?  More often than not, it only serves to get them going whereas otherwise, they'd be quiet.  I find it embarrassing, especially when teams like Burton visit.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2018, 04:00:46 PM »

I think it's a good thing that those who go to the lower north do so to have a go back at goons like the ones blues bring. It definitely spices up the atmosphere. It's better than having a load of people with their kids getting abused all day like they used to. I've sat there when my lads were kids and it wasn't nice. Chris1 calling them bellends is out of order imo.

I disagree and although I probably did exactly the same myself when I was in my teens, I find it embarrassing now.

Why pay good money to watch and goad away fans?  More often than not, it only serves to get them going whereas otherwise, they'd be quiet.  I find it embarrassing, especially when teams like Burton visit.

Because without it there'd be no atmosphere at football matches. The whole thing brings out the tribal instinct, us against them. I don't understand it when people don't enjoy a bit of banter or winding up the opposition .

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2018, 04:05:37 PM »

Because without it there'd be no atmosphere at football matches. The whole thing brings out the tribal instinct, us against them. I don't understand it when people don't enjoy a bit of banter or winding up the opposition .

As I said, I probably did it myself when I was a teenager.

If you need a bunch of schoolkids mouthing off at you to create an atmosphere then you might as well not bother.  I personally find it annoying and certainly don't class it as banter or enjoyment. 

The Holte End seem to carry on OK without the need for the opposition fans to get them going.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2018, 04:11:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/will_stweet/status/1067514065898168321?s=21

Some alternate commentary

Brilliant!

Ace

I feel a little bit sad for them 
Genuinely pant pissing hilarious! 😂

Smurf Army😀😀😀
That's funny. I nearly choked on my chips

"Legends of the game bust into tears, instantly ordering Alan Hutton wallpaper in what will go down as the most most Earth shattering moment in football since Micah Richards kicking a ball."

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2018, 04:13:05 PM »
The thing about modern-day Blues supporters bad mouthing us about where we come from.  I'm Brummie born and bred and, until the age of about ten I'd never gone beyond a ten mile radius of the centre of the place.

I would offer the opinion that I am one of tens of thousands of us.  They can go and do one.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2018, 04:25:55 PM »
Beepity beep beep beep

"Being a 1 club city helps"

"Yep, so vile have ruined it for themselves, as well as us, by being the cuckoo in the nest of Brum. If they'd have stayed in Staffordshire like they originally were, we'd both be better off."

Offline Damo70

« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2018, 05:52:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/will_stweet/status/1067514065898168321?s=21

Some alternate commentary

Brilliant!

Ace

I feel a little bit sad for them 
Genuinely pant pissing hilarious! 😂

Smurf Army😀😀😀

It is indeed a fantastic and funny piece of video, the icing on the cake being the wonderful 'Smurf Army' reference. To the extent that I feel we should now replace calling them Small Heath with calling them The Smurf Army.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2018, 08:27:34 PM »
Soooo.....if that shot that hit the post had gone in we couldn’t have come back from it eh?
Don’t think that’s aged well.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2018, 12:45:10 AM »
We're jammy bastards because Forest had a player sent off. They weren't jammy bastards even though Millwall had a player sent off and their first was an own goal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal