collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Moral Victories. We Never Get Any Luck.  (Read 26002 times)

Offline clash city rocker

Re: Moral Victories. We Never Get Any Luck.
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »
At the end of the day in the pecking order they are slightly behind smethwick and slightly ahead of Walsall. That's their place.

Offline Pat McMahon

Offline clash city rocker

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c

Online tomd2103

« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2018, 12:32:38 AM »
I worked in a King's Heath school for a few years during MON's tenure, I would always get teased by the rags about them being bigger. So the easiest way to shut them up is ask them how they measure this, it would confuse the feck out of them.

Bigger stadium, perhaps?
Larger attendances at home or away?
Most years in the top flight?
Most league and cup wins?
Most players represented at international level?
Hosting semi-finals or international games?
How often are they on TV compared to "da villa"

You can go on and on but it overwhelms them so they retort with the old cliches about more fans and more pashun and being harder... they won't ever understand but they will keep right on and enjoy living in the shadows. We offer them a glimpse into a better life every once in a while and they seem to be happy with it, if they get lucky they might even get a goalless draw out of us.

Will soon be able to add Commonwealth Games venue to the list.  Funny how the organisers decided to overlook their ground when they are supposed to be the true representatives of Birmingham. 

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2018, 09:31:46 AM »
I have to get me some Alan Hutton wallpaper.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2018, 10:12:36 AM »
That it's on the official small heath youtube channel is a clue  :P

That sort of makes it even funnier that they put that out as official content especially if you compare it to something unofficial like Villa On Tour which I think is produced by Max Stokes who is no more than eighteen.

I do wonder whether they let that completely deluded Adebola Bloke on it now it is official as I think he has or had a banning order.

What an absolute scrotum that Adebola Bloke is. Imagine being related to him. How embarrassing.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2018, 01:45:33 PM »
To be fair if you see some of the videos from the lower north there wasn't much class amongst our fans there.  They seemed to spend far more time watching and gesticulating to the Blues fans than they did the game.  And they seem very proud of on fb / twitter etc.  I always like to think we're a cut above, but the reality is we have our own bellends too.

And as for various peoples comments about them being obsessed and for us it's 'just another game,' a 9 page pisstake thread would suggest otherwise!

I can always go back to quoting Steve Bruce post match bullshit bingo cliches?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
"why do them tossers get the rub of the green all the time against us why don’t just for once we get some luck , think back to Jerome heading the Underwood the bar and not going in if that was them it would have been given all the penalties given when blatantly aren’t pens that’s 3 in the last 3 games at vile pork they have had tosspots make me sick"

hahahahahahaha

Yes, because I am sure Enckleman and Sorensen (times two) deliberately threw the ball into the net those times.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2018, 01:54:33 PM »
Don't forget these chunts launching thread after thread after thread and delighting in us going out of business in the summer.  Until late July that was...when the sunlit uplands returned.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2018, 02:07:43 PM »
At the end of the day in the pecking order they are slightly behind smethwick and slightly ahead of Walsall. That's their place.

They need to be looking over their shoulder at Solihull Moors.
I can see a similar situation to Leeds United and Farsley Celtic a few years ago. Farsley ( a district of Leeds) were punching above their weight and made it to the Conference for one season at the same time as Leeds went down to the 3rd division. Farsley won their first game of the season while Leeds had to start the season on minus 15 points. Leeds were the highest placed team in Leeds by something like just 26 places.
Imagine, Solihull Moors coming up challenging and even getting above Small Heath. Noses having to then use the excuse, " yeh but Solihull aint part of Birmingham so we still in the top two."   
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:21:52 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »
Solihull Moors is probably the local club to half of them.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2018, 02:35:05 PM »
Whenever they spout their shit about all being from Birmingham and are all really hard as they throw and signs to each other in pubs in town while we sit in our Shire mansions always remember the absolute humiliation they must have felt as they listened to "olé" after "olé" as we took the piss out of them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal