collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scudamore & the Premier League  (Read 8005 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Scudamore & the Premier League
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 01:31:14 PM »
A five million quid leaving present. It sounds like someone has said "forget the engraved watch we will get him Big Ben instead"! Apparently there is a need to reward him for the money he has made for the premier League and it's clubs. A lot of us have made a lot of money for our various employers over the years. Usually the reward is just called 'wages' and if you are lucky a leaving card and a few rounds of drinks.
But did he make the clubs that much richer? In the final shakeout it's the players and agents that got to be richer. Perhaps they should ask the players for a donation.

very good and valid point. Just like the clubs have to pay the fee of the players agent - he works for the player, he should pay it

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 01:58:49 PM »
The clubs got a lot richer and gave it to the players and agents. The players and agents took advantage of market conditions where clubs paying 40m for a statistically average PL footballer became more the norm than the exception. Anyone who legitimately thought the TV deal would work it's way down to the grassroots of the game or to fans outside of token gestures was a mug. And the sad thing is, when we go up, it won't look a lot different.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2018, 02:16:09 PM »
Mr 39th game inventor go fuck yourself.
It's not going to go away as Dinnage has no football connections and comes from Television industry.

Offline DennisHodgetts

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 02:27:16 PM »
Lets not forget his mates will organise some plc non exec directorships for him to avoid boredom during his retirement on perhaps £100k+ a piece, he will probably get appointed to the board of some QUANGO and will also probably get appointed to conduct some quasi-governmental review into some spurious sporting issue or feasibility study for something like a bid for the Winter Olympics in Bognor Regis on some exorbitant rate. Not that I am jealous, its just that jobs for the boys in my World involves line marking for the village u15 team with a marker made  in about 1920 and hoping the rain stops so the game goes ahead on Sunday etc etc!  >:(

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2018, 06:19:05 PM »
I think us Villa folk should be big enough to come together over this.

So...I'll supply the envelope; who wants to contribute the turd?

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2018, 07:25:01 PM »
A five million quid leaving present. It sounds like someone has said "forget the engraved watch we will get him Big Ben instead"! Apparently there is a need to reward him for the money he has made for the premier League and it's clubs. A lot of us have made a lot of money for our various employers over the years. Usually the reward is just called 'wages' and if you are lucky a leaving card and a few rounds of drinks.
But did he make the clubs that much richer? In the final shakeout it's the players and agents that got to be richer. Perhaps they should ask the players for a donation.

very good and valid point. Just like the clubs have to pay the fee of the players agent - he works for the player, he should pay it

I've been saying this for years. Does my fucking head in!

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 07:33:54 PM »
When I left Lloyds Bank in Selly Oak in 1983 I got a £5 record voucher and they paid for my curry down the Ladypool Rd. I sold myself short.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 07:34:33 PM »
He's a massive ******, I hope every club tells him to go fuck himself.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 08:43:03 PM »
If you want to know what is wrong with the professional game, you have to look no further than this piece of shit.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 08:52:35 PM »
He'll give it to charity though, won't he?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 09:52:27 PM »
Disgusting.

They'll be giving England caps away to has beens next.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »
Typical that that idea has come via Bruce Buck and Chelsea. What an odious bag of ****** they are.

Fuck off indeed.

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 10:31:47 PM »
This ridiculous fetishisation of loadsamoney in football and the mentions it receives, really has reached drinking game levels. We'll all end up with alcohol poisoning.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 11:07:29 PM »
Scumbledore is the c**t who ruined football more than almost anyone (Blatter maybe just edges that) and tired to completely sell it out with that 39th game bollocks.   He got £2.5m a year for 19 years, what's another £5m to him?  Another example of rich elites rewarding themselves for exploiting everyone else. 5m lashes would be more apt.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 04:12:17 PM »
Beeb

Outgoing executive chairman Richard Scudamore will receive a £5m farewell bonus paid by clubs, the Premier League has confirmed.

Scudamore will receive the payment over a three-year period "in recognition of his outstanding work".

He will remain with the Premier League in an advisory capacity.

It comes after football fans urged clubs not to "stick their hands down the back of the sofa" and contribute to Scudamore's departing gift.

Scudamore - who reportedly earns £2.5m per season - is stepping down in December after 19 years at the organisation.

The Premier League's UK television rights were valued at about £670m when Scudamore joined the organisation in 1999, while the most recent deal was worth £5.14bn.

All 20 Premier League clubs were asked by Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck for a £250,000 contribution - something which fans "strongly opposed".

"Premier League clubs have always told fan groups that budgets are planned in advance and there's not a surplus of cash lying around from their extremely lucrative TV deal," said the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF).

"In the meantime, loyal football supporters continue to be inconvenienced by fixture changes to fit TV schedules, often losing out on travel costs or struggling to get to and from games in the first place.

"Now it appears clubs can stick their hands down the back of the sofa and find £250,000 at a moment's notice."

On Tuesday, the Premier League announced that Susanna Dinnage will be its new chief executive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal