collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scudamore & the Premier League  (Read 8053 times)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Re: Scudamore & the Premier League
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2018, 10:07:13 AM »
The Guardian make a good point, it might not be as bad if they weren't shouting from the bloody rooftops about it as if it's not only acceptable but wholly appropriate.  It really does scream "greed is good" and "it's all about the money", and it's utterly tasteless and classless.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2018, 10:47:03 AM »
let's not forget his cozying up to Thaksin Shinawatra ( Human Rights, fuck his country over, corrupt tax evader, all widely know at the time) when he was the owner of Man City.  Something he should have been sacked for or at the very least reprimanded for. 

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2018, 10:49:18 AM »
This isn't capitalism. It's a c*** like Bruce Buck, in charge of an odious organisation- far more reprehensible than our neighbours and strong arming his cronies into coughing up. This isn't the market in action.

It's c***s like Buck, Levy and Shitbeard showing their utter contempt for the game. If we still have those TB infected badgers left over and the novelty trebuchet from when we fucked Bruce off, then if we could order some more sacks and get our launching arm loosened, that would be swell. And proportionate.

That moment when you realise capitalism isn't about the free market

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2018, 11:00:30 AM »
Lets not forget his mates will organise some plc non exec directorships for him to avoid boredom during his retirement on perhaps £100k+ a piece, he will probably get appointed to the board of some QUANGO and will also probably get appointed to conduct some quasi-governmental review into some spurious sporting issue or feasibility study for something like a bid for the Winter Olympics in Bognor Regis on some exorbitant rate. Not that I am jealous, its just that jobs for the boys in my World involves line marking for the village u15 team with a marker made  in about 1920 and hoping the rain stops so the game goes ahead on Sunday etc etc!  >:(

The beauty of a masonic handshake - already been suggested he will be kept on by the FA asa consultant

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2018, 11:27:29 AM »
This isn't capitalism. It's a c*** like Bruce Buck, in charge of an odious organisation- far more reprehensible than our neighbours and strong arming his cronies into coughing up. This isn't the market in action.

It's c***s like Buck, Levy and Shitbeard showing their utter contempt for the game. If we still have those TB infected badgers left over and the novelty trebuchet from when we fucked Bruce off, then if we could order some more sacks and get our launching arm loosened, that would be swell. And proportionate.

It's capitalism. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't see why anyone should be any more enraged by this than they are by any other industry that awards its executives wages which could bankroll a small nation.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »
I don't know how true this is but it seems Newcastle spent more on Scudamore than players this season!

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »
We need a second referendum-and a first one.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2018, 04:31:03 PM »
It's corporate capitalism in action.

A corporation that monopolises its industry can do whatever it wants -fuck the free market, which barely exists any more, despite people endlessly invoking it, as if it did.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2018, 04:51:43 PM »
Scudamore is a massive ******.

Not the most Wildean post ever made but felt it was worth repeating.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2018, 05:39:59 PM »
Scudamore is a massive c***.

Not the most Wildean post ever made but felt it was worth repeating.
You could do it Hemingway-style:
"I obscenity in the milk of Scudamore's mother"

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2018, 10:59:59 PM »
Well, I dare say Richard Shedloadsmore will apply his expertise to help remedy this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46236642
(I bet the government of the 5th richest country in the world wish they had a big diversion/distraction to take people's attention away from that...Oh, wait - there might be something...)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:13:17 PM by spartacuss »

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2018, 10:29:57 PM »
I wonder how our current owners would fair with their corporate feet to the fire..?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2018, 11:01:49 PM »
Scumbledore is the c**t who ruined football more than almost anyone (Blatter maybe just edges that) and tired to completely sell it out with that 39th game bollocks.   He got £2.5m a year for 19 years, what's another £5m to him?  Another example of rich elites rewarding themselves for exploiting everyone else. 5m lashes would be more apt.

You have to question all of those involved in handing the mandate to Scudamore and then continually backing him. Simon Jordan always speaks passionately and convincingly about the closed shop cartel of Scudamore and the Premier League's bigger clubs. He tried and failed to fight it from the inside. But Scudamore is still a relative angel compared to those who have ruled the game for many years. Reading Andrew Jennings expose book on FIFA, Joao Havelange and Sepp Blatter was a real eye opener for me. Even with some prior knowledge of FIFA's motivation and actions over the years it read like a barely believable far fetched novel.

Offline achilles

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal