collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Being pissed at games  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Being pissed at games
« on: November 11, 2018, 07:46:57 PM »
Never been completely pissed at a game myself that I couldn't remember the match clearly. However,  I do regret missing Dalians wonder goal at Wimbledon because I had gone for a leak due to a few beers.

Athletico Madrid away the guy in front of us slept through most the game (and threw up on the bus back to the airport after the game!) - what a waste of money !

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Being pissed at games
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 07:58:49 PM »
I'd be staggered if any of the clean living folk on this site have ever been to a football match even mildly tipsy.

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 08:02:54 PM »
Happy to say I was completely wankered at Wembley in the final in 2015. I can barely remember the match at all, for which I’m very grateful.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 08:17:37 PM »
Never been pissed but been pissed off quite often.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
Anderlecht away.   I was well gone

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 07:45:56 AM »
Plenty of times, the most recent was on the way to the Play Off Final, I sobered up enough to be able to watch the match, something I now regret.

The most notable must've been a trip to Craven Cottage during the second, and rather bleak by then, SGT period.

We were on the Fulham High Road waking landlords at 9am, and ended up in the Eight Bells. When we left we headed in the wrong direction and it took a few minutes to realise, so we doubled back and of course, popped back into the Bells for a quick one, well, why not?
The game was pretty desperate and at half time I was convinced that the game was over, I was heading for the exit under the stand when a random fan stopped me and put me straight. We both went for a piss and I then enquired as to who had scored our goal - "It's nil nil mate" came the reply.
I returned to the stand to witness a, dull, goaless second half. That bloke should've let me leave.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 02:57:49 PM »
A mini bus load of us went from The Bell pub in Marston Green to Maine Road in December 1992 and I remember we set off early and got to Manchester early and had several pre and post match drinks (including the driver as I recall). I got dropped off near a bus stop around the corner from my parents house at God knows what time late on the Saturday night or possibly Sunday morning. The timing was perfect because as soon as I exited the mini bus I threw up prolifically at said bus stop. I seem to recall having quite an afternoon session before we played Inter at Villa Park in 1990. I was so hyped up before the cup final in 1994 that I didn't go to bed at all and stayed up emptying my parents drinks cabinet. I am pretty sure I drank a couple of things I had never drank before or since like Advocat and Cinzano (not together I don't think, but then again I couldn't swear to that). I remember staggering down the road for a paper at about 8am. I think I had pretty much sobered up by kick off but I still recall giving Karen Brady dogs abuse as she walked through the Villa fans before the game. A mate of mine who was not usually one of the most sensible ones on big Villa days out actually told me to tone it down a bit.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 03:56:31 PM »
Barnsley away in the FA cup, '94 I think. I went last season and had absolutely no recollection of the environment in any way from my first visit.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 04:41:43 PM »
Barnsley away in the FA cup, '94 I think. I went last season and had absolutely no recollection of the environment in any way from my first visit.

If it was '94 you would have been in Exeter. But if you did get so thoroughly pissed in a city of cider, tractors and wurzels  believing you were in a town of flat caps, whippets and closed coal mines I salute you.    ;D

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 11:20:08 AM »
Worst for me was the 2000 FA Cup Final. Cried throughout 'Abide With Me', that's literally all I remember about being in Wembley.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »
Worst for me was the 2000 FA Cup Final. Cried throughout 'Abide With Me', that's literally all I remember about being in Wembley.

I went on another 'barmy bus' (mini-bus) trip to Wembley for the semi with Bolton in 2000 organised by a guy I knew from managing a couple of bookies in Witton and Newtown around that time. We had quite a session both pre match and post match. My wife was with me on that occasion too. We came back minus one of our crowd as he was spending the night in the nick after pushing a guy through a pub window (my wife and I missed the incident as we were next door at a fast food place at the time, although we heard the noise of the glass smashing). The guy's mate defended his absent friend on the journey back by saying the bloke thrown through a window deserved what he got as he had called his mate a West Ham fan.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 12:01:34 PM »

To be fair you didn’t miss anything.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 01:41:49 PM »
Every game.  Along with a fair few others on this site.

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 03:07:24 PM »
The only time for me I think was going to the works Xmas do in 1989, getting hammered then going to the ZDS Cup game against Forest with 5,000 others!!!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 07:07:18 PM »

If it was '94 you would have been in Exeter. But if you did get so thoroughly pissed in a city of cider, tractors and wurzels  believing you were in a town of flat caps, whippets and closed coal mines I salute you.    ;D

It was '95. I was so pissed I didn't know what year it was.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal