collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Derby County vs Aston Villa: Pre-Match Thread  (Read 12002 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Derby County vs Aston Villa: Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 04:27:47 PM »
A, cheeky, seven-nil Villa win.

Offline levico

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »
In form terms I think we operating on a reasonably acceptable ‘two steps forward one step back’ improvement level so:

Derby 3 Villa 1.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 06:52:35 PM »
I struggle to be worried by the opposition in this league.

Going to Man City with Aguero would concern me. Going to Derby to face Jack Marriot doesn't.

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate they're in good form and playing good football. But I just think Keogh and co can be got at by technicians like Grealish.

I feel a lot more confident with Deano, knowing we'll attack with a certain aplomb.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »
I agree, after so many years of negative managers being totally focused on stopping the opposition it's refreshing to feel that we're going into games concentrating on the damage we're going to cause them. We've been far too timid in this league. There's nothing to be scared of.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 07:36:34 PM »
A new one torn and back to the drawing board

For them that is. 3-0 to Villa.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »
In the games we've lost (maybe with the exception of the second half at Norwich) we've been much the better side. Tons of possession and we are starting to get into better positions and creating more chances. There's nothing to be fearful of in the Championship. We need to keep doing what we've been doing and take our chances when they come up. We'll win this 2-0

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »
In the games we've lost (maybe with the exception of the second half at Norwich) we've been much the better side. Tons of possession and we are starting to get into better positions and creating more chances. There's nothing to be fearful of in the Championship. We need to keep doing what we've been doing and take our chances when they come up. We'll win this 2-0
This one is all about attack v defence I reckon. Derby's forward play has been exceptional recently. Our defenders are still getting used to each other and getting used to playing in their rightful positions. If we can contain them then I believe we have enough firepower to beat any team in this league. I'll stick my neck out and go for them 1 us 2.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2018, 08:38:12 PM »
every game in this league is realistically winnable and loseable

if we won away at Derby it would be a massive boost, and big statement to what Smith has done in a few weeks

I'm not confident enough yet to predict a win so I'll go for a 1-1 draw,
 but if we did come away with a victory it could be a springboard to some big performances in the leed  up to Christmas

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 08:47:46 PM »
Our first away point under Dean Smith. 1-1

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 09:01:40 PM »
5-5

Offline Ads

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 09:35:11 PM »
This one is all about attack v defence I reckon. Derby's forward play has been exceptional recently. Our defenders are still getting used to each other and getting used to playing in their rightful positions. If we can contain them then I believe we have enough firepower to beat any team in this league. I'll stick my neck out and go for them 1 us 2.

They've scored 1 more goal than us.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 09:45:21 PM »
Our first away point under Dean Smith. 1-1
Is my prediction too in a most unSmith like hard fought draw.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 10:01:39 PM »
0-6. Even Marlon Harewood will score.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2018, 10:03:41 PM »

They've scored 1 more goal than us.

Harry Wilson-Marriott-Lawrence-Waghorn combination was really good v Chelsea I thought.

Would be amazed if we kept a clean sheet in this so we really need to be clinical when we get a chance which has been a major problem for us in away games recently.

Offline Ads

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2018, 10:10:54 PM »
Just making the point that they've scored 1 goal more than us. Considering we've had Negatron in charge with the complete absence of a game plan for most of the season.

Yet wonderful free flowing Derby have scored 1 goal more, thanks to Lee Camp being hilariously shite.

We've failed to score once, and god knows how against QPR.

Kept 2 clean sheets under Smith and but for Chester having two inexplicable moments of stupidity, would have conceded just the one so far.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal