collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fan Consultation Group  (Read 12934 times)

Offline robbo1874

Re: Fan Consultation Group
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2018, 01:12:23 PM »
He does come across well but of course we have seen that before. He acknowledged that he will have to be judged by his actions because we have heard the words too many times, which in itself felt insightful & impressive.

He does seem well organised though. Good structural ideas and I was impressed several times in the meeting by his immediate tasking of individuals to sort, research, clarify or explore our concerns. You could actually see his management hand in action so it did immediately feel like more than ‘talk’.
thats what you want amfy- actions assigned and noted. See what happens in between now and the next meeting. Personally, I wouldn’t be expecting unicorns and beer without a queue, but at least if it looks like things are improving, that’s a start.

I should add that the last time I was at a match at VP was 2006- in the heyday of GenK and Alison Plant. All you had to do then was waggle a finger and your wish would be your command. Taking the piss obviously, but I’d be interested to see how supporters’ relatively minor gripes are dealt with these days!

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2018, 08:37:42 AM »
but I’d be interested to see how supporters’ relatively minor gripes are dealt with these days!

With an ISO 9001/2015 quality management structure, all grievances/suggestions for improvement/compliments are logged and discussed internally - if significant changes are required Senior management or even CEO is advised of management recommendations and they/he approves or rejects accordingly. On completion, the agreements/rejections are then advised to the requesting person(s) as a matter of courtesy and as part of audit requirements.
In saying that, we may never know!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
Fans Consultation Group
Tuesday 13th November 2018

Fan representatives
Anne-Marie Fern      Heroes & Villains
Mo Razzaq         Aston Villa Supporters Trust
Peter Warrilow         Aston Villa Supporters Trust
John Gillett         Lions Clubs
David Michael         My Old Man Said
Scott Jones         Villa Talk
Steve Gough         Aston Villa Independent Supporters Clubs
Daniel Rolinson      Villa View
Joanne McKibbens      Aston Villa Disabled Supporters Association
Nick Sanders         Avillafan.com
Jonathan Fear         Vital Villa
Club representatives
Christian Purslow      Chief Executive Officer
Paul Tyrrell         Chief Corporate Affairs Officer
Tommy Jordan      Communications Director
Lee Preece         SLO

CHRISTIAN PURSLOW INTRODUCTION

Mr Purslow welcomed the group to Villa Park and said he relished the prospect of having a positive and direct relationship with the diverse group of supporters who make up the FCG.

Words are cheap, he said, and actions far more important but he hopes that over time supporters will see
a high level of transparency, openness and accountability.

He said the owners believe in clear accountability across all aspects of how the club operates. The club’s senior management team will operate under Mr Purslow’s guidance with him – as CEO – directing policy and strategy.

Although Mr Purslow said there were numerous areas in which the club needs to improve – from football through to commercial and financial aspects – the priority will always be football. Now “good things happen if we get the football right” he stated while reaffirming that other areas of the business require significant improvement.

On the playing front, nobody can make guarantees about on field success but, with good management, the club can create a path that maximises the probability of getting back into the Premier League as soon as possible.

He stressed that false promises will not be made and achieving this target will be done in a “responsible, sustainable and sensible way”.

This will be led by a “top-down” approach of ensuring the correct strategy is in place to recruit, retain and develop players which creates long-term value.

He confirmed that the new owners had cleared off all historic liabilities via their investment in the club but this still requires the club to operate in a prudent and responsible manner. Mr Purslow said he was confident, clear and excited about the changes the new owners are bringing. The new ownership group are hugely experienced in sport and business, know what needs to be done to get the club on a long-term successful and sustainable footing.

VILLA PARK RENAMING
Mr Purslow stated categorically that recent suggestions of plans to rename Villa Park were “wholly, completely and utterly inaccurate.”

FFP
As somebody who was involved in drafting the rules ten years ago when he was the CEO of Liverpool, Mr Purslow confirmed that the club wants to be FFP compliant and have a clear set of plans to be so going forward.

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW
With a new Sporting Director, Jesus Garcia Pitarch, and Head Coach, Dean Smith, arriving at the club, it represents the first opportunity for Dean to make changes. Mr Purslow recognised the January window is a limited market but expects some ins and outs.

CONSULTATION ON DECISIONS
Mr Purslow said an important message from tonight’s meeting is that he thinks the FCG is a very important vehicle and relishes the chance to work with it. He also confirmed senior executives will continue to attend FCG meetings on a regular basis.

DR TONY XIA
Dr Tony is a significant minority shareholder and is expected to remain so for the foreseeable future, Mr Purslow confirmed.

MEDIA TONE AND CONTENT
In his relatively short time at the club, Mr Purslow said he has observed work is needed in this area and acknowledged the desire to provide information from the club can, if unchecked, create content of an inappropriate tone, look or feel. He was insistent that the club should not produce content which is unhelpful or damaging or chasing clickbait. He also said he was amazingly proud to now run this institution and wants the tone to be unremittingly excellent. For these and a number of other important reasons, Mr Purslow confirmed that Paul Tyrrell has joined the club. Paul has been Head of Comms at ITV as well as at a number of major Premier League clubs.

OUTSOURCING
Mr Purslow confirmed all outsourcing agreements would be analysed to make sure they are appropriate for the club.

BMH NAMING RIGHTS
As part of the sale of the club, Dr Tony’s agreement ended. Mr Purslow confirmed the club may find a replacement in the future but it wasn’t something they were actively working on.

CONSTANT BETTING SPONSORSHIPS
The club’s current agreement with 32Red is working well and AVFC is receiving important revenue from it but was in place prior to Mr Purslow’s arrival. He expressed sympathy with the view that there is a high dependency on this sector within the Championship. 

SOCIAL/COMMUNITY ISSUES (PAUL TYRRELL ANSWERED THE QUESTION)
The club will look for continued improvement in these areas Mr Tyrrell confirmed. He praised the Aston Villa Foundation who have made great strides in the last few years to reach out to our communities. The Foundation staff do a fantastic job and the club would like to build on their success and adopt more socially responsible policies. 

TRINITY UPPER
Mr Purslow said there is a clear desire to use the stand and the club has to build that demand. It is a key marketing challenge.

KITS
The current agreement on kit supply provision, and branding, is perhaps misunderstood, Mr Purslow suggested. The designer and producer of the kit is Fanatics. Hugely respected within the sports industry and a maker of many other high-profile team apparel. Luke, a local retail clothing brand, has 
a marketing-only agreement with the club.
Fanatics make their profit from selling merchandise in our store and on websites and wholesale. Luke have a relationship where their brand is promoted with their logo and other visible marketing around the ground.
Mr Purslow added that a priority for him is to drive higher values for the brands associated with Aston Villa.

TANNOY
Mr Purslow confirmed he had authorised a very significant capital spend in order to upgrade the sound system in the stadium. As he as well as everyone else at Villa Park accepts the current infrastructure is not fit for purpose.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »
Thanks, Dave.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2018, 09:02:25 PM »
Once again very encouraging but it felt that way after Round spoke. But as the CEO clearly states it needs to proven versus words and it all starts on the pitch. A successful team will buy the board a lot more time and earn them significant resources to carry out all of the other plans and much needed improvements.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2018, 09:46:15 PM »
Odd, as I'm sure there were various interviews with Luke Roper around the time the kit was launched. That -as a Villa fan- it was a chance to get the design right etc.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2018, 10:05:08 PM »
I think he designed it, but fabletics make it. Fabletics also make kits for Adidas & big names like that.

You couldn’t market his design brand on a kit that wasn’t designed by him, it’s just that now, it’s pretty much nothing to do with Luke. Fabletics have the template and produce it - that’s our supplier.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2018, 10:33:08 PM »
Thanks, Dave.

Don't thank me - Amfy was there. 

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2018, 10:39:01 PM »
Odd, as I'm sure there were various interviews with Luke Roper around the time the kit was launched. That -as a Villa fan- it was a chance to get the design right etc.

Luke did design it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »
I'd say this is the bit that confusing "The designer and producer of the kit is Fanatics."

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2018, 11:09:01 PM »
Yes - it was confusing at the time and he did say the Luke thing was just his badge as a marketing tool so maybe I have it wrong, but my view remains (along with putting it together with the info from last year too) that you couldn’t have just plonked Luke’s logo on a kit he didn’t design and say it’s just ‘marketing’ him. That doesn’t work for either designer. Luke wouldn’t want his badge on a kit he didn’t design ( even if he is a Villa fan) and whoever designed it wouldn’t want Luke’s logo on a kit they did design.

Yes - confusing. I was there and I am still confused.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2018, 11:14:51 PM »
That would be a bit like Ferrari sticking their logo on a car designed and built by BMW. Doesn't make sense so i'm assuming something is getting lost along the way.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2018, 11:19:17 PM »
amfy the badge on the product without being involved in design is a common commercial practice. For example I know of a one major car maker who uses well known audio brand names such as Harman Kardon and Bowers & Wilkins on their in car audio system without either having any input into design purely for marketing purposes. Of course a certain standard of quality has to be achieved.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2018, 11:21:52 PM »
That Luke thing sounds very confusing.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2018, 11:21:58 PM »
That would be a bit like Ferrari sticking their logo on a car designed and built by BMW. Doesn't make sense so i'm assuming something is getting lost along the way.
It does happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal