collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fan Consultation Group  (Read 12947 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Fan Consultation Group
« on: November 05, 2018, 03:04:16 PM »
Sorry for the short notice but does anyone want anything brought up at the next meeting?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Fan Consultation Group
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 03:51:45 PM »
Replica shirt lead time perhaps? I thought the deal with Fanatics was supposed to present an almost instantaneous response to demand?

The Lions' Clubs representation and involvement. From my understanding there are some weird rules whereby the Chairman of each club is required to sign a document that takes responsibility for the actions of their members at all times. Which is ridiculous. The communication following a recent ban of a Chairman from the Steering Group, and response from the Club Liaison Officer was poor.

In short, why should all chairs go along with what a minority of longer serving chairs want?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 04:54:31 PM »
The new queuing system in operation at the Holte  End where you have to go through a  funnel before the turnstiles - slows everything down.

Plus the queues  and entry to the Holte Suite -  certainly needs looking at as there are people lined up outside  waiting to get in when quite clearly the Suite is not full.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 04:59:04 PM »
AVTV.

Offline dalians umbrella

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 05:17:43 PM »
Sound system in the Doug Ellis upper (central) - can't hear a word being said. People get presented on the pitch and I have no idea who they are or why I'm clapping. It's been like it for years.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 07:33:29 PM »
The catering in the Doug Ellis lower is a shambles. One of us has to go down on the 40 minute mark to join the queue. Several times we have still not been served by the start of the second half. Other clubs seem to manage this task that constantly eludes the Villa.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 07:34:53 PM »
AVTV.
Can we have a commentary for radio?
I'm fed up with listening to silent stretches, as though they think I can see what is going on.

Offline KRS

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 07:51:36 PM »
New owners, same question...any plans in the pipeline for replacing the current badge?

On the subject of kits, with their affiliation to Adidas, will they be sticking with Luke or switching kit manufacturer?

Catering: why are they incapable of introducing a simple common sense approach to serving beers before the game and at half time...they could quite easily determine demand and have a few hundred pints pulled for a much quicker service.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 07:53:29 PM »
The catering in the Doug Ellis lower is a shambles. One of us has to go down on the 40 minute mark to join the queue. Several times we have still not been served by the start of the second half. Other clubs seem to manage this task that constantly eludes the Villa.

The staff even struggle to open bottles of lager in the lower Trinity.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 07:58:44 PM »
Plans to encourage more fans from minority backgrounds, especially black fans from the local area. As a season ticket holder I want special deals galore to intice a bigger percentage of fans from all nationalities.
Also is the plan for the area still a going concern. My mate Pete sits next to me and my lads and is one of a very few black fans around us, that has to change.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 08:06:55 PM »
Is that umbro away shirt that I had in 1979 still available, I only ask because I'm 50 in a couple of weeks and somebody might be trying to buy it for me 😊

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 08:30:00 PM »
Plans to encourage more fans from minority backgrounds, especially black fans from the local area. As a season ticket holder I want special deals galore to intice a bigger percentage of fans from all nationalities.
Also is the plan for the area still a going concern. My mate Pete sits next to me and my lads and is one of a very few black fans around us, that has to change.
Great shout. I'll second that.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 08:43:34 PM »

It's the same in the Lower Holte. It's physically impossible to buy anything at half time without missing part of the game which is frankly unacceptable.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 08:55:33 PM »
Yeah I sat in the Upper Witton a couple of times last year and the PA was inaudible. Does seem to have improved a fair bit in the North at the point it was screeching in announcements on Friday.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »
I echo the frustrations around catering, and every customer being served (painfully slowly) by two staff members.

But one thing that really annoys me (and I appreciate some will see this as a minor point) is the fact that you are still not allowed to keep the top on your bottle of water or pop, so instead have to constantly hold it, without a lid. Upon entering VP this season my 9 year old son had a bottle of water taken from his back pack and the lid removed (rendering it worthless unless he wanted to down it in one or hold it all afternoon).

I took this up with the steward who said it’s in case the full bottle gets used as a missile! FFS it’s no longer the 80s, and this was the North Stand upper! And I can vouch from experience that most other clubs no longer enforce this rule.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal