collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 314765 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
I can't say I have been following Hull avidly this season.

But any time I have caught them, Elphick looks as confident and switched on for them as he did for us.  We need cover -or possibly someone who will push Tuenzebe to start and is then ready to step up when his loan expires.

But we must do better than Elphick.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
One thing is for certain - there won't be a better time to make a positive move to strengthen this squad.  There are no Wolves or last year's Fulham (at the moment at least) - it really is there for the taking if we can get the right people in.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
What's the skinny on the Mr. G. Cahill link? Is it horseshit? I'd like to see this happen.

A championship side could hardly afford his wages? Surely he will have plenty of top division clubs after him.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
If Cahill is considered a footballing centre back then I dare say we might be interested.  That said, I reckon it's horsepoop.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
I can't say I have been following Hull avidly this season.

But any time I have caught them, Elphick looks as confident and switched on for them as he did for us.  We need cover -or possibly someone who will push Tuenzebe to start and is then ready to step up when his loan expires.

But we must do better than Elphick.

Had a terrible game v SHA.

Problem with recalling Elphick in January rather than signing a new CB is you can bet the game after the window closes Chester or Axel will get a season ending injury and we'll have to play Elphick for 20 games. A scenario that makes it unlikely we'd get promoted due to his previous level with us.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
The problem with recalling Elphick in January is we would be recalling Elphick in January

Offline Des Little

All sounds like a classic case of absence making the heart grow fonder.  Elphick isn't good enough for where we want to be.  He wasn't when we had him, and he isn't now.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
For me it's all about what the options are. If we're struggling to find a centre back to bring in then I'd rather we recall Elphick as third choice than see Jedinak come back in as injury cover. It's a similar conundrum to left back, I think Taylor is shit but having a left footed player there gives us a better balance than having a right footed player out of position so I'd prefer a new signing with some real quality but I'd still keep Taylor around for now as cover so we don't run the risk of putting Hutton/Bree/Elmo out there and looking lopsided again.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

The problem with recalling Elphick in January is we would be recalling Elphick in January

This. Same with RDL.

With regards Cahill, i just can't see it. It'd be a bit weird bringing him in on huge wages to fight for a spot ahead of Chester/Axel. Surely we'd be better of bolstering our CB options with a younger player who'd be happy to join, fight for a place and not be on huge wages

Just looks like a name signing. I had hoped we'd got past that by now

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
All sounds like a classic case of absence making the heart grow fonder.  Elphick isn't good enough for where we want to be.  He wasn't when we had him, and he isn't now.

Agreed, I just don’t see him fitting into our current style and system.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
I'd say the reason most were talking about Elphick is because we had Fatosaurus Bruce in charge and his main plan was Jedi as a CB. With him gone i'd wager not many give a toss about Elphick as they have a lot more confidence in Smith.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
The difference now is that there is coaching and team management.
Elphick will benefit from this and as he has performed perfectly well at this level it is not a bad idea to bring him back.

Offline Des Little

Unless Smith has the ability to perform cloning surgery, he ain’t going to make Elphick a decent centre half. He simply isn’t good enough. You cannot polish wet shoes.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:08:03 PM by Des Little »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
If former players are being considered, we could do a lot worse than consider Steven Davis. Have always rated him, not getting a game at Southampton, thoroughly dominated Hourihane and others last night. Fine player that could do a job for us.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
If former players are being considered, we could do a lot worse than consider Steven Davis. Have always rated him, not getting a game at Southampton, thoroughly dominated Hourihane and others last night. Fine player that could do a job for us.

Decent player and maybe someone to consider if we were to move Whelan and Jedinak on but other than that, I'm not sure that we need him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal