collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 314753 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
I'm sure he'll be fit for their attempt to get in the Play Offs next year.

Offline Damo70

How about getting back some of our players out on loan now for starters.....Steer, De Laet, Clark, Elphick, Green????

Possibly Steer aside, I'm not sure many of the others will solve too many of the current problems will they?

We still have a lot of options at right-back, so bringing De Laet and Clark back won't help too much.  Elphick would probably be on the bench at the moment which I suppose would help somewhat and Green is still injured isn't he? 

If we can get the defence and keeper situation sorted in January then we should be in a much better place.   

Seeing as we are under performing as a squad at the moment, depending on what transfer business we are able to do in January I would bring them all back from loan. As a new manager surely Smith would want to see them all at close quarters. I think De Laet and Elphick would make the most difference.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
I'm sure he'll be fit for their attempt to get in the Play Offs next year.

Indeed, and sod him for wanting to warm the bench in the premiership for a season - but if Fulham, Cardiff and Newcastle (Huddersfield) come down and we're still here it won't be as easy next season as it looks to be this.

Offline KevinEaton

An Arsenal supporting friend of mine told me today that he heard from a reliable source that Koscielny could be coming in Jan. Emery has told him he’s not wanted at Arsenal.

Can’t see it myself though

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
No nor me, hes far better than the Championship

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Deano made reference to O'Kelly and Terry scouting Clarke and having touched base with all the loan signings.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
McCormack scored at the weekend, making it a bit easier for his loan club to not justify the signing of Usain Bolt.
He has said that he is doubtful of a future here despite the change of management and 19 months left on his Villa deal.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Mitchell Clark must be doing well because I read an article saying that Premier League clubs had scouts watching him. I think Smith will bring the average of the squad down so I wouldn't surprised if he was one brought back.

I wonder if he'll bring a certain Gary Gardner back too? He obviously doesn't fancy Jedinak and I think Whelan's probably on borrowed time too.

Offline Brassneck

There were only 2 loan players in tonight’s starting 11 and 1 more on the bench.

I’d look to see if we could send el ghazi back in January as he’s currently 4th choice.  Same with Moria.

Priority is a keeper and after that it’s a left back.

There is money to spend but there is also space for a couple of loan signings.

I’d say the money will go on one or two players and another two will come in on loan.

I’ve no idea about the Bannan rumours but he’s just what we need as a step up from Barny/Whelan.  Target would be an improvement on Taylor.  Hutton played well tonight and I’m loathe to consider replacing him but I think his time has now come.

So for me, it’s a keeper, then 2 full backs and if possible, a central defender.  I know it’s a risk making such drastic changes half way through the season but it can’t be any worse and even if we don’t go up, the defence has time to gel and gain stability ready for next season.

Oh and if there’s any money left or a space for another loan signing then a winger/wide midfielder wouldn’t go amiss.

Offline Matt Collins

People not rating Tuanzebe must be watching a different sport to me

I agree he could be better in the air

Offline tomd2103

There were only 2 loan players in tonight’s starting 11 and 1 more on the bench.

I’d look to see if we could send el ghazi back in January as he’s currently 4th choice.  Same with Moria.

I’d say the money will go on one or two players and another two will come in on loan.

I’ve no idea about the Bannan rumours but he’s just what we need as a step up from Barny/Whelan.  Target would be an improvement on Taylor.  Hutton played well tonight and I’m loathe to consider replacing him but I think his time has now come.

So for me, it’s a keeper, then 2 full backs and if possible, a central defender.  I know it’s a risk making such drastic changes half way through the season but it can’t be any worse and even if we don’t go up, the defence has time to gel and gain stability ready for next season.

Oh and if there’s any money left or a space for another loan signing then a winger/wide midfielder wouldn’t go amiss.

I think getting the defence and keeper sorted are the priorities for me, so I would be looking to bring in a new keeper (terminate Moreira's loan deal), a centre half and a left back. 

If there was any money left I would look at bringing in a defensive midfielder who could control the tempo of the game and pick passes out. 

Offline Brassneck

I think getting the defence and keeper sorted are the priorities for me, so I would be looking to bring in a new keeper (terminate Moreira's loan deal), a centre half and a left back. 

If there was any money left I would look at bringing in a defensive midfielder who could control the tempo of the game and pick passes out.

I've been really impressed with Axel in the 4 games he's had in the centre.  For me, that has lessened the burden of needing another CB ASAP.

We do need cover there, although, I'd argue that Jedi is adequate as cover.  Elphick returning would also make sense, if he is prepared to play the role of substitute CB.

I'm looking at improving the 11, rather than strengthening the squad so any player we sign needs to be an improvement.  With Chester & Axel, it might be difficult to improve on them and any player coming in would have to take the place of one of those two.  I know nothing about the Aberdeen lad but suspect that if he were to come in and replace Axel, it might signal the end of Axel's Villa career so we would not be any better off numbers wise.  If McKenna is an improvement on Axel then I'd be for it.  However, currently, I want to see a Keeper and left back as priority.  Moving forward, we need to get the central pairing sorted for the long term.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

What's the skinny on the Mr. G. Cahill link? Is it horseshit? I'd like to see this happen.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
Bannan was always way to slow at everything when with us.  I've had enough of painfully slow build ups and zero tempo.

Priority must be a left back as we don't have one that isn't Neil Taylor, closely followed by a centre back, preferably two.   Not convinced by Nyland.  Supposed to be a fucking viking, plays like a morris dancer at times.  So a keeper as well.
Oscar Wilde said you should try everything in life once, except incest and Morris Dancing.

...and he was right about the morris dancing! :D

Offline tomd2103

I've been really impressed with Axel in the 4 games he's had in the centre.  For me, that has lessened the burden of needing another CB ASAP.

We do need cover there, although, I'd argue that Jedi is adequate as cover.  Elphick returning would also make sense, if he is prepared to play the role of substitute CB.

I'm looking at improving the 11, rather than strengthening the squad so any player we sign needs to be an improvement.  With Chester & Axel, it might be difficult to improve on them and any player coming in would have to take the place of one of those two.  I know nothing about the Aberdeen lad but suspect that if he were to come in and replace Axel, it might signal the end of Axel's Villa career so we would not be any better off numbers wise.  If McKenna is an improvement on Axel then I'd be for it.  However, currently, I want to see a Keeper and left back as priority.  Moving forward, we need to get the central pairing sorted for the long term.

Some good points there Mr. B.  Tuanzebe's recent good form has changed things in terms of desperately needing a centre back in January, but we are still an injury or suspension away from being short.  Given that, I suppose bringing Elphick back in January as cover would make sense and then we could revisit the situation in the summer.  The other option I suppose would be to sign a young squad player with a view to them being cover for the next couple of years and again looking at the first choice situation in the summer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal