collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 316269 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
The Morris Men Cometh

We have hanky, but no panky

You hear the bells, you heed the warning
You know the morris men are coming
No rabbit's foot or four-leafed clover
Protects you from the rambling herbert
When you're straying from the city
An act of morris may be committed

Offline eddiemunster

How about getting back some of our players out on loan now for starters.....Steer, De Laet, Clark, Elphick, Green????

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Send Moreira back

Loan - Heaton from Burnley
Loan - Targett from Southampton
Buy - McKenna - Aberdeen

Offline tomd2103

How about getting back some of our players out on loan now for starters.....Steer, De Laet, Clark, Elphick, Green????

Possibly Steer aside, I'm not sure many of the others will solve too many of the current problems will they?

We still have a lot of options at right-back, so bringing De Laet and Clark back won't help too much.  Elphick would probably be on the bench at the moment which I suppose would help somewhat and Green is still injured isn't he? 

If we can get the defence and keeper situation sorted in January then we should be in a much better place.     

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Send Moreira back

Buy - McKenna - Aberdeen

We would have to drop two loan players from the squad to accommodate two more. That's why Moreira isn't currently making the bench. And further confirmation that Bruce is a fucking idiot who obviously didn't bother checking the rules.

Offline ronshirt

Bannan was always way to slow at everything when with us.  I've had enough of painfully slow build ups and zero tempo.

Priority must be a left back as we don't have one that isn't Neil Taylor, closely followed by a centre back, preferably two.   Not convinced by Nyland.  Supposed to be a fucking viking, plays like a morris dancer at times.  So a keeper as well.
Oscar Wilde said you should try everything in life once, except incest and Morris Dancing.

https://www.quotes.net/quote/10621

Also:

(To a lady cellist) Madame, you have between your legs the most beautiful instrument known to man, and all you can do is scratch it !

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
Sir Olaf Melberg "try everything in life once except being a bluenose".

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Mellberg the Cellist - is there nothing we could have done?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013

Possibly Steer aside, I'm not sure many of the others will solve too many of the current problems will they?

We still have a lot of options at right-back, so bringing De Laet and Clark back won't help too much.  Elphick would probably be on the bench at the moment which I suppose would help somewhat and Green is still injured isn't he? 

If we can get the defence and keeper situation sorted in January then we should be in a much better place.     

Clark has played on the left more than the right for the last couple of years.  De Laet would be a better option at right back than Hutton or Elmo because of the extra pace he'd give us.

Offline tomd2103

Clark has played on the left more than the right for the last couple of years.  De Laet would be a better option at right back than Hutton or Elmo because of the extra pace he'd give us.

I've not seen much of Clark to be honest Paul, but we need a naturally left footed left back if those in front of him are going to be right footed.  So many times it breaks down on that side because Adomah, Kodjia and Grealish can't produce any real quality with their left foot.

I rate De Laet as well, but it just hasn't happened for him with us.  I really want to see Bree given a run if games to see how he does. 

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Send Moreira back

Buy - McKenna - Aberdeen

We would have to drop two loan players from the squad to accommodate two more. That's why Moreira isn't currently making the bench. And further confirmation that Bruce is a fucking idiot who obviously didn't bother checking the rules.

Bruce didnt bring in Moreira or El Ghazi.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
Send Moreira back

Buy - McKenna - Aberdeen

Bruce didnt bring in Moreira or El Ghazi.

We don't know for sure.

Bruce seemed to think he had.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2018/08/03/steve-bruce-jorge-mendes-leading-aston-villa-transfers-nonsense/

In El Ghazi's case he also seemed happy enough to have him.
https://sportslens.com/steve-bruce-raves-about-aston-villa-new-signing-anwar-el-ghazi/243287/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:27:08 AM by SheffieldVillain »

Offline jwarry

Wonder if Fulham's reserve LB will be available? You know what's his name?!? Unsworth isn't it?!? Hasn't played a game since the end of September by the look of it..

Offline tomd2103

http://
Wonder if Fulham's reserve LB will be available? You know what's his name?!? Unsworth isn't it?!? Hasn't played a game since the end of September by the look of it..

Suffered a bad injury didn't he?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Sprained ankle tripping over his thirty pieces of silver.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:21:36 AM by cdbullyweefan »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal