collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 316010 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
If former players are being considered, we could do a lot worse than consider Steven Davis. Have always rated him, not getting a game at Southampton, thoroughly dominated Hourihane and others last night. Fine player that could do a job for us.

Decent player and maybe someone to consider if we were to move Whelan and Jedinak on but other than that, I'm not sure that we need him.

He's 33 now, blimey.  That makes me feel very old.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
Unless Smith has the ability to perform cloning surgery, he ain’t going to make Elphick a decent centre half. He simply isn’t good enough. You cannot polish wet shoes.
Wonder if he will go for Finn?

Offline Dinas_Caerdydd

apparently villa along with leeds are in for our kadeem Harris in January

a pacey forward / winger would be a good capture for you . the only downside  he is prone to injury .

hope we don't sell him 

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
apparently villa along with leeds are in for our kadeem Harris in January

a pacey forward / winger would be a good capture for you . the only downside  he is prone to injury .

hope we don't sell him 
Why the hell would we bring in another winger at this point?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
If former players are being considered, we could do a lot worse than consider Steven Davis. Have always rated him, not getting a game at Southampton, thoroughly dominated Hourihane and others last night. Fine player that could do a job for us.

That's not the worst shout in the world actually. Think the guy was a bit overrated after he left us but he's certainly been a good player at Southampton since he joined in 2012.

I assumed he was injured given he wasn't figuring there but obviously not if he played for Norn Iron the other night.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Personally I hope we stay well clear of a soon to be 34 year old that doesn't play very often. It's about time we stopped making the same stupid mistakes and i'm hoping from now on those kind of decisions are behind us.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Personally I hope we stay well clear of a soon to be 34 year old that doesn't play very often. It's about time we stopped making the same stupid mistakes and i'm hoping from now on those kind of decisions are behind us.
Too bloody right.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021

It depends. I don't know what sort of deal he's on at Saints but taking him on loan wouldn't be that detrimental. Giving him a 2 or 3 year deal like we've done to 30 somethings McCormack, Jedinak and Whelan obviously is.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
He last started a game for Saints Jan 31st and since then despite them being shit he's played about 50 minutes of league football for them. For me it's file under 'stay well away as we've seen this movie before'.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Yesterday’s men are yesterday’s news. No thanks

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

Re: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2018, 11:48:50 PM »
Is there an update on Collins ?? did he play in the behind closed doors game the other night ??

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2018, 06:24:13 AM »
Has Rico Henry been linked yet? Young LB from Brentford, Smith had him at Walsall too.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2018, 08:23:09 AM »
Is there an update on Collins ?? did he play in the behind closed doors game the other night ??

He played in that BCD game the other night. Don’t know how he got on. A short term deal is win win.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2018, 10:00:53 AM »
Thanks Vinnie  :) 

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2018, 10:14:03 AM »
I would prefer to see  a motivated young player come through the ranks than an older head. Smith is not afraid of using the young players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal