collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 314822 times)

Offline exigo

Re: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread
« Reply #315 on: December 13, 2018, 01:54:45 PM »
The rumour mill stirring in Oz.
Defender and midfielder being watched

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #316 on: December 13, 2018, 02:05:17 PM »
I might be naive but I honestly at this point trust Dean Smith with just about whoever he wants to buy. And I would feel exactly the opposite if Bruce was still in charge which isn’t entirely rational given we have some good players at the club from his time here.

What I have utmost confidence in is that Smith will identify players to play his system. I was watching some Brentford highlights last night and at times with players many of us have never heard of they looked really superb. Fast passing, great movement and some lovely goals. All the stuff we are seeing now with us. I’m really looking forward to seeing who comes and goes in this window.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #317 on: December 13, 2018, 02:55:10 PM »
I might be naive but I honestly at this point trust Dean Smith with just about whoever he wants to buy. And I would feel exactly the opposite if Bruce was still in charge which isn’t entirely rational given we have some good players at the club from his time here.

What I have utmost confidence in is that Smith will identify players to play his system. I was watching some Brentford highlights last night and at times with players many of us have never heard of they looked really superb. Fast passing, great movement and some lovely goals. All the stuff we are seeing now with us. I’m really looking forward to seeing who comes and goes in this window.

It's not naivety TV, we have our hope back and it's a wonderful feeling. We can also see real improvements on the pitch too that proves it is not just delusion. Long may it continue !

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #318 on: December 13, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »

Agree TV.  I get the feeling that a great deal of consideration will go into the recruitment of players in this set up, as opposed to the previous methods of seemingly just scouring the top scorers' list or agreeing a deal with a mate on a golf course in Portugal. 

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #319 on: December 13, 2018, 05:12:07 PM »

I trust him with everything Villa.

And I think it's because for only the second time in my life, we've appointed a bloke that I am prepared to admit is better at the job than I would be.

High praise indeed, that.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #320 on: December 13, 2018, 06:10:29 PM »
Didn't David Kossof have a brother called Juan?

I thought it was a sister called Su.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #321 on: December 13, 2018, 07:15:25 PM »

I trust him with everything Villa.

And I think it's because for only the second time in my life, we've appointed a bloke that I am prepared to admit is better at the job than I would be.

High praise indeed, that.

I think that's about right, he's certainly the first manager we've had in a while that I'd consider a proper professional who's looking to improve and progress, rather than earn money and hope for a trophy or 2.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #323 on: December 14, 2018, 10:33:26 AM »

But Smith isn't the key person doing the buying

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #324 on: December 14, 2018, 11:07:09 AM »

But Smith isn't the key person doing the buying

No, but I very much doubt Pitarch and Purslow are going to go get him Rudy Gestede. He will have identified the types of players he wants to fit the system he plays. I am sure he will have a key role in who comes to the club and who departs.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #325 on: December 14, 2018, 12:37:46 PM »
I think Bruce was ok in acquiring players,he was just incompetent in producing performances from the players.
With Smith,whoever comes through the door that player will receive high quality coaching and play in a well organised and well drilled team and will probably improve the team.
A goalkeeper certainly.I would bring back Elphick on loan and if possible,a left back or another central midfielder

Offline VWBelgian

« Reply #326 on: December 15, 2018, 06:34:50 PM »
And give RDL a chance maybe?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #327 on: December 15, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »
If De Laet was any good he would have attracted a better club than the Wollongong Battle Frogs, or whichever nonsense Convict club it is that he plays for.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #328 on: December 15, 2018, 06:50:33 PM »
Someone like Joe Allen would be brilliant in our team imo. Him on a long deal at Stoke will be beyond our budget currently but I thought a few wayward shots aside he was superb today.

Not just the goal but he did so much work off the ball and tracking back to disrupt our attacks. Always in the game whereas Hourihane disappears for spells.

Online nigel

« Reply #329 on: December 18, 2018, 06:58:05 PM »
Hot off the press:

My lads best mate was working at this big house and in walks Romaine Sawyers. Told him he was coming to Villa

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal