collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 316350 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
It’s almost November, two months to go so I’ll kick this off. The bullshit is starting to trickle in. Deano has identified CB’s today as an area to improve. So cue the Daily Mirror linking us to splashing out £8m on a left footed midfielder by the name of Barry Bannan.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/dean-smith-eyes-8million-aston-13502338

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
No doubt it's bollocks, but I could see him doing well as one of the two in a 4-2-3-1.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
Gabby, cheaper than Bannan and just as lightly.

Offline AndyB6

Does anyone know if Barry Bannan has passed his driving test yet?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
No doubt it's bollocks, but I could see him doing well as one of the two in a 4-2-3-1.

Yep, me too, but not to go in there with McGinn. We need someone who can create a bit, and keep the ball moving but also gives us a bit of protection in there.

The problem is getting players I like the look of has become ridiculous. I watched an Ajax game a couple of weeks and thought the young lad in midfield called de Jong looked like he had potential and decided to keep an eye on him. Over the weekend stories came out suggesting Man City are looking at him and Ajax want £70m, which is ridiculous.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
As good as Bannan looks at Sheffield, I cant forget the endless crap free kicks/corners we endured when he was here first time.
I’d rather see Hourihane continue to fuck every one up, as he appears contracted to do whenever he plays.

It’s a no from me.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Jesus, just when we’re trying to look forward with some positivity and some ****** at the Daily Miserable suggests Barry Bloody Bannon! What a start to the January transfer thread.....

Offline tomd2103

We're not going to be able to fix everything in January, so I would say a centre back who playś on the left side, a left back and depending on how Nyland does, a keeper will be the priorities.  Can't really see there being much financial wriggle room for much more to be honest. 

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Bannan? A backwards step if ever there was one.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Take a punt on that young U.S prospect. Altidore? (Sick)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
I like Bannan, but not at eight million and in a position which isn't a massive priority.

We have to sort the defence out. Nyland has a couple of months to convince me we don't need a goalkeeper, too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 11:53:36 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Movie Tuanzebe to right back and bring in a natural centre back and a left back.  Tuanzebe is quick but heading at corners is poor.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
A QPR fan the other night raving about Grealish's performance told me that the only player to come close to playing as good as Jack was Bananaman three nights beforehand. Then again he also said Gabby Agbonlahor was one of the best strikers he had seen in the past decade and that he wished QPR could coax him out of retirement.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Movie Tuanzebe to right back and bring in a natural centre back and a left back.  Tuanzebe is quick but heading at corners is poor.

Tuanzebe is awful at right back. I don't rate him at all as a defender I must say. His pace gets him out of difficult situations on occasion but they are generally of his own making. We simply have to get in a physically dominant left sided centre half as top priority.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal