collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deemed surplus -v- Great signing  (Read 7305 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Deemed surplus -v- Great signing
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 11:51:13 AM »
As to players that improved at Villa Park, thought Ashley Young did and then struggled at yanited for years... Delph improved with us and isn’t pulling up trees at Citeh ... Andy Gray ... had his best years at VP,struggled at the dingles and the blue scouse,

Andy Gray struggled at Everton?  Not from what I recall.

His record wasn't all that good there was it? Not looked it up but something like 12 goals in 50 games as opposed to 55 (?) in 115 games for us?  I know we bought him back from there and he wasn't a patch of his 76-78 self.

They bought Lineker and really went on from there, we bought back Gray and, well, were completely shit ...

He won the FA Cup, league and Cup-Winners Cup with Everton. Lineker was there a season and their supporters will tell you that he fucked up the team and cost them the double.

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2018, 05:09:09 PM »
i thought this was a thread about better with us than who he went on to play for? Not what did he win subsequently? If not fair enough.

Still think he was better with us first time around than with the blue scouse ... 😊

A lot of players go on to win more honours elsewhere , some I don’t think were better with the team they subsequently joined, like Bosnich. Some like Yorke I think developed and got better.

Matter of opinions.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2018, 07:37:35 PM »
As to players that improved at Villa Park, thought Ashley Young did and then struggled at yanited for years... Delph improved with us and isn’t pulling up trees at Citeh ... Andy Gray ... had his best years at VP,struggled at the dingles and the blue scouse,

Andy Gray struggled at Everton?  Not from what I recall.

His record wasn't all that good there was it? Not looked it up but something like 12 goals in 50 games as opposed to 55 (?) in 115 games for us?  I know we bought him back from there and he wasn't a patch of his 76-78 self.

They bought Lineker and really went on from there, we bought back Gray and, well, were completely shit ...

He won the FA Cup, league and Cup-Winners Cup with Everton. Lineker was there a season and their supporters will tell you that he fucked up the team and cost them the double.

I've heard that from Everton fans too. However, if a striker wants to come here for a season and score 40 goals, I'd be inclined to shoulder any downside risks!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal