collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by brontebilly
[Today at 08:54:48 AM]

Re: Fog stopped play by LeeB
[Today at 08:54:39 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Towser
[Today at 08:54:15 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 08:49:35 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:47:56 AM]

Re: Fog stopped play by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:47:50 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rigadon
[Today at 08:45:22 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Friday Press up  (Read 2512 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
The Friday Press up
« on: October 26, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: The Friday Press up
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 10:51:07 PM »
Despite losing again, Villa did show that the lessons are starting to sink in and I remain hopeful that in a months’ time the team will, indeed, be more like a team.

Agreed and that more than anything still gives me hope.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 01:56:17 AM »
Agree Dave, time will tell. But I believe that DS is the positive step that we haven't tried in the past 5 years
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:46:45 PM by West Derby Villan »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 01:53:36 PM »
Despite losing again, Villa did show that the lessons are starting to sink in and I remain hopeful that in a months’ time the team will, indeed, be more like a team.

Agreed and that more than anything still gives me hope.

Yep, I agree with that bit, it was always my biggest problem with Bruce, he messed around until something resembling a team created itself and then ran with it until cracks appeared before repeating the same cycle.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 02:47:11 PM »
Really enjoyed the comment below the line also!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 04:34:27 PM »
We need to stick with Dean long term. Even if it means another season down here. We've seen what is football looks like at Brentford. I want that at Villa. He'll be able to get his types of players in and with the help of Suso and Purslow attract players of a higher standard. You don't have to break the bank to get out of this division. We need the right players in the right system playing to win every week.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 04:37:38 PM »
We need to stick with Dean long term. Even if it means another season down here. We've seen what is football looks like at Brentford. I want that at Villa. He'll be able to get his types of players in and with the help of Suso and Purslow attract players of a higher standard. You don't have to break the bank to get out of this division. We need the right players in the right system playing to win every week.

The new owners dropped a huge bollock sticking with Bruce when they took over. His so-called "stability" has left us with a hugely unbalanced squad, with next to no chance of getting promoted this season.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »

The new owners dropped a huge bollock sticking with Bruce when they took over. His so-called "stability" has left us with a hugely unbalanced squad, with next to no chance of getting promoted this season.

Yes and no. While I disagreed with it I can see why they did it given the timing of their arrival. I'm convinced had this happened in June Bruce would have been fired immediately. That Bruce got canned quite soon into the season provides evidence he was on a very short leash despite the public show of support. That said, they now need to back Smith all the way. The season is far from over. Lots of games, lots of points and no outstanding teams.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 06:12:32 PM »

Absolutely right, the evidence allready stacked up against Bruce did not need Sherlock Homes to solve. He had completely lost the plot.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 07:25:02 PM »
A very calm and considered review and on the money I think.  Small steps int eh right direction, but at least there is a direction.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 09:13:38 AM »
Great read Dave.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 09:42:03 AM »
I would rather be in a fiat punto slowly going up hill than in a 30 year old rolls Royce Royce rolling backwards down the hill.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal