collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith's Aston Villa 1-0 Swansea City Post Match Thread  (Read 21616 times)

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
Re: Dean Smith's Aston Villa 1-0 Swansea City Post Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2018, 09:34:27 PM »
Yes may be but we had segregation in PL as well?

I was in A4 in the Trinity and I could see pockets of empty seats in the lower North Stand and in the far side of the lower Holte, the left side as was.

Still a marvellous crowd.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2018, 09:37:39 PM »
Probably for the best too - one Swansea fan got kicked out (and possibly arrested) for throwing racist slurs at our fans

As soon as they arrived some of them were singing about how Birmingham was a sh1thole and they wanted to go home. Well, nobody is forcing you to stay, lads.

Offline Dinas_Caerdydd

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2018, 09:49:05 PM »
cheeky fuggers richard e swansea is labelled the graveyard of ambition in wales

a bit retarded our west walien cousins to say the least

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2018, 09:54:53 PM »
One thing puzzles me we were sold out and previous seasons in Premier League sold out was around 42,500 so what's happened?

We give less tickets to away fans but they have the same section. And most likely the corporate tickets/boxes weren't sold out.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2018, 09:56:09 PM »

I was in A4 in the Trinity and I could see pockets of empty seats in the lower North Stand and in the far side of the lower Holte, the left side as was.

I can't see how anyone can criticise a few empty seats with a crowd bigger than Chelsea v Man Utd by nearly 1,000 fans....

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »
That corner between the Away fans and lower north stand isn't used anymore so that must be a good 500 seats or so.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2018, 10:00:26 PM »
40000...3 points and a bit of structure to the team. That will do for me every week thank you very much.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2018, 10:07:04 PM »
I was very pleased with the subtle improvement today, the atmosphere, positivity and the after taste the victory left must have left every Villa fan hungry for more servings.

The negatives

Movement in the middle third is a problem, but it's not going to come over night.

Last 10 we looked a wee bit tired.

The positives

The transition in the final third was a lot quicker; generally the build up play from the back was usual speed, but we seemed quicker to commit men forward and move the game on.

Creating a number of chances; we have in the past dominated games, especially second halves, but seem to operate against a bow shaped force field around the opposition box. We therefore have more huffed and puffed without ever really creating clear cut chances.

Today I felt we created several clear cut chances, 3 absolute gilt edged sitters. That's very pleasing against a decent Swansea side.

We came out 2nd half on the front foot.

We made positive changes

We kept a clean sheet

Nyland made two excellent saves.

All in all, very positive. Swansea came into it more when they brought the sub winger on and had the right footer swap on to the left where he cut inside the space between Hutton and the centre half more. But we limited them to a few chances and created far more clear cut ones ourselves.

Agree with the bit in bold Ads.  I do think Abraham got a bit isolated at times and I think one of things the new management team have got to work on is getting someone a bit closer to him. 

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2018, 10:08:42 PM »

I can't see how anyone can criticise a few empty seats with a crowd bigger than Chelsea v Man Utd by nearly 1,000 fans....

I’m not criticising

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2018, 10:23:18 PM »
One thing puzzles me we were sold out and previous seasons in Premier League sold out was around 42,500 so what's happened?

We give less tickets to away fans but they have the same section. And most likely the corporate tickets/boxes weren't sold out.
I think you are right the Corporate tickets is the gap. Attendance in boxes and hospitality areas is not as high as when we were in PL and probably easily accounts for about 1000 “missing” from overall ground capacity of 42785.

Offline Dinas_Caerdydd

« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2018, 10:27:19 PM »
on the outside looking in over 40,000 is a great crowd

is that a record in the championship ?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2018, 10:30:50 PM »
Newcastle.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2018, 10:36:25 PM »
Somebody on the match thread said Deano doesn’t have a magic wand to make the team click straight. But we saw progress today no doubt..

In Bruce’s defence,  he actually did have a magic wand.  He waved it and new signings turned to shit straight away.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2018, 10:47:32 PM »
Very pleased with the win. Deano hasnt had long to work with the team, but saw some pleasing differences today. We pressed higher up the pitch for starters taking the pressure off the back 4. Chester was very vocal today and Hutton was also, perhaps Terry already having an influence resulting in a clean sheet. I believe it still has to click for Jack this season and for me the jury is out on Bolasie. McGinn defo motm and after a nervy start Nyland impressed. There's much still to do for Deano but the positivity amongst the fans was generally reflected on the pitch  UTV!

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2018, 11:07:46 PM »
Smith’s post match interview included meaningful tactical analysis and gave the impression he’d actually been at the game. It’ll never catch on.
Yes but he needs to learn a few football phrases otherwise he will never survive these tough situations called post match interviews.
Pundits will start to realise he’s not a ‘proper football man’ if he doesn’t.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal