collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sir DOUG RIP  (Read 36938 times)

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
Re: Sir DOUG RIP
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2018, 04:33:55 PM »
Dave Woodhall unusually quiet. No article or comment

That's unfair. No one should be called out on whether they have or haven't commented, regardless of who they are. Stop trying to shit stir.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2018, 04:41:34 PM »
Really sad News. Yes, I went on one of the pound sign marches but nevertheless I know that he loved The Villa. I am sure that there will be a fantastic Tribute v Swansea. Rest in peace, Sir Doug.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2018, 04:45:35 PM »

Many years ago I decided that when this happened there was nothing I could say that wouldn't sound either disrespectful or hypocritical.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »

Many years ago I decided that when this happened there was nothing I could say that wouldn't sound either disrespectful or hypocritical.

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself there.  I think most people's stance has changed over the years.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2018, 04:53:54 PM »

Fair enough. I would have liked to see an article though. I don’t think you can dodge a big news event if you write extensively otherwise on a subject because it is awkward. Part of me would like to see how you would have handled it.

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2018, 05:12:44 PM »
Like him or loathe him, he had the clubs interests at heart.  RIP.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »
Maybe as a mark of respect the club could put the tickets prices up by a fiver for the Swansea match (joke), RIP Doug HEITS
That did make me laugh.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2018, 05:50:05 PM »
Like him or loathe him, he had the clubs interests at heart.  RIP.

I would dispute that in the late 70's and early 80's, but now is not the time to go into that. RIP

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2018, 06:07:59 PM »
Maybe as a mark of respect the club could put the tickets prices up by a fiver for the Swansea match (joke), RIP Doug HEITS
That did make me laugh.
to be fair i think it would have made Doug laugh too.
I've also appreciated hearing about the best of the man.
I'm not sure it's revisionist to willfully rejoice in the positives and maintain dignified silence on others.
I've actually appreciated many folk doing exactly that, I think it's one of the qualities of this board on occasions.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2018, 06:31:50 PM »
I'm pulling your leg VRL. Btw, what part of Luton are you from? I'm a Lea Manor boy. 

You fecker and I read your comment after lol. I am a posh boy born in Dudley Road and ended up in Chelmsley, but my old man was great mates with Peter Mcparland when they came over from Ireland and my late brother was a massive fan as well. Have lived in Luton for 30 years now, but still go lots of games and after you are bored of all that, I live in Bushmead. Lea Manor, the school has hanged its name I think to make it sound posher lol As i was a posh boy from Chelmsley surrounded by smelly people I can't talk much lol

I was going to ask you Villa from Luton where you were exactly, am looking at moving form East London to Bushmead ideally myself at the moment.
Interesting it took the death of HDE to learn that. I don't get to so many games atm (and couldn't face any until now this season), but might a few more once up that way, if I don't break the bank with my mortgage!

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2018, 06:37:30 PM »
That did make me laugh.

Or maybe announce the attendance as 28,000 when it's clearly 10k more than that.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2018, 07:15:26 PM »
That did make me laugh.

Or maybe announce the attendance as 28,000 when it's clearly 10k more than that.

Excellent post.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2018, 07:54:51 PM »
I have many stories from Aston Manor brewery and Aston villa regarding the Ellis family. The only thing that matters is that against Swansea we will do the right and proper thing. I shall stay silent or applaud. There will come a day when the greatest villa manager ever for me will pass away, on that day I will cry because that man was my Aston villa as a young boy in the 70s as was Andy gray my hero.

« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2018, 07:57:00 PM »
You fecker and I read your comment after lol. I am a posh boy born in Dudley Road and ended up in Chelmsley, but my old man was great mates with Peter Mcparland when they came over from Ireland and my late brother was a massive fan as well. Have lived in Luton for 30 years now, but still go lots of games and after you are bored of all that, I live in Bushmead. Lea Manor, the school has hanged its name I think to make it sound posher lol As i was a posh boy from Chelmsley surrounded by smelly people I can't talk much lol
[/quote]

I was going to ask you Villa from Luton where you were exactly, am looking at moving form East London to Bushmead ideally myself at the moment.
Interesting it took the death of HDE to learn that. I don't get to so many games atm (and couldn't face any until now this season), but might a few more once up that way, if I don't break the bank with my mortgage!
[/quote]

I think I have pm'd you mate

« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2018, 07:59:21 PM »
I have many stories from Aston Manor brewery and Aston villa regarding the Ellis family. The only thing that matters is that against Swansea we will do the right and proper thing. I shall stay silent or applaud. There will come a day when the greatest villa manager ever for me will pass away, on that day I will cry because that man was my Aston villa as a young boy in the 70s as was Andy gray my hero.

Excellent post and entirely agree

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal