collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Small Rodent
[Today at 12:13:42 AM]

Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 12:12:07 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 12:04:59 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jose... hope this is wrong...  (Read 8592 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Jose... hope this is wrong...
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2019, 12:02:14 AM »
Has skillz been bullied off again?  I don't get why people get so indignant by harmless if unorthodox posters. Just scroll on by...

I agree. There have been a few daft sods of late but that's the internet for you. What's the desired goal in chasing away anyone who's a bit different - an echo chamber?

Nobody's chasing anybody away.  People can post what they want, and people can post in response to that.

I mostly agree, in particular, if you're going to post criticism of players or managers you're going to have people disagree with you and sometimes, if the opinion you post is particularly extreme, that might feel like a dog pile as lots of people respond to you. No one chased skillz off but a lot of people found some of his posts about Wesley to be completely unfair and called him out on it. You're much more likely to get an echo chamber if people feel they can't disagree for fear of upsetting someone.

Being vaguely respectful of another person's right to an opinion doesn't necessarily equate to agreeing. You can disagree with someone - even strongly so - without resorting to "haha look at this guy over here who doesn't toe the line, what a div" or some such variation. Not that I think you do that personally, but there's a tendency on here for people to come circling when they smell blood in the water.

Also, equally, people can choose not to comment - as eamonn has said, there's really no need to always have a go. It tends to be the same people again and again, which tells me more about them than the various people they're piling on.

Didn’t you once flounce off because people were being nasty to Nigel Reo-Coker?

Did I hold a different opinion to that of other posters? Yes, I'm sure I did.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2019, 05:10:20 AM »
Is it beyond the realms of possibility that some of the posters on this site are not ‘from round here’ or maybe English is not be their first language.
They are not spouting racist bollox like some of our local posters. They are not being disrespectful or antagonistic.
They are just posting their thoughts about football and our club.

But, there are some on here who are like fucking bullies, picking on posters who they thinks are  ‘not as smart as them’ or who post in way that that they don’t like.

Fucking hell, lighten up, save your wrath for the real c***s who post mainly in off topic.
Yeh let’s attack  people that disagree about other stuff.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2019, 08:04:00 AM »
Last week I read on the German football forum about Jose Mourinho.
He'd turned down even an Interview with Lyon (France) and hinted he had 2 offers for the Prem, which is where he was headed regardless.
The speculation from that Bundesliga stuff, spread.
In England, the Mail / Sun / Express etc all focussed on Man Ut and Spurs as Jose's next habitat.

I read one explanation, on a Film Forum FGS,  :D
that has a Football Section... that scared me. The logistics was pretty good... scary.

BEFORE OUR BRILLIANT 5 at Norwich... the "Special One" was going to be our next Manager.... it seemed.
Sawiris / Edens 'don't mess around'
Norwich gave them a hiccup, I figure.
Dean may have plsatered pics of Jose all over the Dressing Room at Norwich... I would've  ;D

IF WE were the future for Jose's career of Redundancy Golden Payouts......Dean did a Blinder.

Levy at Spurs / Woodchip at Man U, would never EVER give Mouhrhino a bloody contract... which left us.... before the Norwich game
- as the potential employers we are the Richest. which is where Jose goes  :'( :'(

We musn't lose again, nor drop points,  because I think thet snake is still in the grass

:'(
Sorry mate your putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. If Jose is planning a return to the Prem theres probably 15 clubs who could be in the running. Theres nothing to suggest that he could be heading to B6. Wild speculation. I'd like to think that Dean & the club share a vision. Everything we've heard from them points to this. Absolutely nothing points to them changing the manager. He is loved by the vast majority of our sensible fanbase, including myself. This thread you've started is pure tittle tattle and idle speculation. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion and so am i. Mine is i think this is shit stirring of the highest order.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2019, 08:20:13 AM »
Well not just the fact that this is not true but I thought the new model was that if we was to replace the manager it would be for a like minded version so the players and staff remain and not change to someone who is poles apart in the way we are set up to play?

Offline villabear

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2019, 08:53:09 AM »
Last week I read on the German football forum about Jose Mourinho.
He'd turned down even an Interview with Lyon (France) and hinted he had 2 offers for the Prem, which is where he was headed regardless.
The speculation from that Bundesliga stuff, spread.
In England, the Mail / Sun / Express etc all focussed on Man Ut and Spurs as Jose's next habitat.

I read one explanation, on a Film Forum FGS,  :D
that has a Football Section... that scared me. The logistics was pretty good... scary.

BEFORE OUR BRILLIANT 5 at Norwich... the "Special One" was going to be our next Manager.... it seemed.
Sawiris / Edens 'don't mess around'
Norwich gave them a hiccup, I figure.
Dean may have plsatered pics of Jose all over the Dressing Room at Norwich... I would've  ;D

IF WE were the future for Jose's career of Redundancy Golden Payouts......Dean did a Blinder.

Levy at Spurs / Woodchip at Man U, would never EVER give Mouhrhino a bloody contract... which left us.... before the Norwich game
- as the potential employers we are the Richest. which is where Jose goes  :'( :'(

We musn't lose again, nor drop points,  because I think thet snake is still in the grass

:'(

Snake is still in the grass?  Troll off please.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2019, 09:24:01 AM »
Nothing to add. Just wanted to get in on the action before the lock.

Offline wince

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2019, 09:31:19 AM »
Everyone has blown this out of proportion. The special one is happy and too busy making adverts with paddy power to come here.......seriously cringeworthy advert though.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »
I am surprised nobody on here knows an estate agent in Sutton Coldfield who has been showing Jose around houses in the area. I remember back in the day that is how we knew Paul Ince, Steve Bull and Carlton Palmer were all signing for us.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2019, 05:54:45 PM »
I am surprised nobody on here knows an estate agent in Sutton Coldfield who has been showing Jose around houses in the area. I remember back in the day that is how we knew Paul Ince, Steve Bull and Carlton Palmer were all signing for us.

Crickey, I remember the Steve Bull one. They were keeping it quiet so the Wolves fans bought their season tickets. Then we would buy him.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2019, 10:19:36 AM »
I'm not sure that a few people telling certain posters who repeatedly post things that are inflammatory or widely regarded as nonsense to shut the fuck up is too much different to real life. If we were all regulars down the local pub and a couple of people came in every night pissed up and making a fucking nuisance of themselves then i'm sure people would say it to their face. I'm not sure it equates to bullying, if someone is being targetted for no reason or for reasons outside of their control such as height, weight, sex, sexual orientation, race etc then it's totally unacceptable but i see this as a direct reaction to someone acting up in an attention seeking way. Well, if you try to get peoples attention by acting like a twat i'm afraid you're going to get the wrong sort of attention.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2019, 11:46:47 AM »
Has skillz been bullied off again?  I don't get why people get so indignant by harmless if unorthodox posters. Just scroll on by...

This. Why be so Stalinist about it? He’s funny.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2019, 12:46:00 PM »
I don't think anyone is being over vicious to alftitmus or posters of similar ilk. I do like their left field approach however when you do that you leave yourself open to more robust replies than it is normal. So live by the sword....

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »
Titus is a Troll. Skillz is Skillz a delicate flower.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal