collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1536873 times)

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #4260 on: May 01, 2019, 11:35:23 AM »
What's Dean Smiths fathers name? Could be a nice gesture to add his name to the "My Lord" or "Claret and Blue army" songs. I dunno just an idea.

Nah. Would you want 30,000 people singing about your family?
As long as you weren't slagging them off then yeah, why not?

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #4261 on: May 01, 2019, 11:44:35 AM »
What's Dean Smiths fathers name? Could be a nice gesture to add his name to the "My Lord" or "Claret and Blue army" songs. I dunno just an idea.

Nah. Would you want 30,000 people singing about your family?
As long as you weren't slagging them off then yeah, why not?

Because there’s all sorts of other stuff to think about. Will the opposition fans pick it up and turn it into something unpleasant? Will other family members like it? Will it cause undue tension in the family dynamic? What happens when we go through a bad patch and the idiots are shouting derogatory things about his dad? Will Smith like it? As someone who’s mother passed away after suffering for years with dementia I have first hand experience of l the tensions and sheer misery that this disease causes.

Offline danno

« Reply #4262 on: May 01, 2019, 11:50:36 AM »
A firm no from me.  I know it came out in an interview and is public knowledge but I regard the condition of the managers dad mrs kids and wife as absolutely none of my business.

Dean Smith is the manager of Aston Villa a job he chose to take on knowing full well that he will be cheered when we win and jeered if we get humped 5-0 by Leyton Orient.

I sympathise fully as I did with Bruce losing his parents, but singing about the managers family?  Nope nope nope.

We're football supporters we sing about football, that's our remit. This is just an opinion but singing about someone's personal life (however well intentioned) is crossing a line.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #4263 on: May 01, 2019, 12:02:02 PM »
You'd better check this out with Eastie.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4264 on: May 01, 2019, 12:28:29 PM »
[Eastie] Ron [/Eastie]

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #4265 on: May 01, 2019, 12:33:14 PM »
That Times article really brought it home to me.  Can you imagine Deano's feelings should we win the play off final?  All he'd want to do is turn round to see his old man.  What a vicious, cruel illness it is.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4266 on: May 01, 2019, 02:08:13 PM »
A firm no from me.  I know it came out in an interview and is public knowledge but I regard the condition of the managers dad mrs kids and wife as absolutely none of my business.

Dean Smith is the manager of Aston Villa a job he chose to take on knowing full well that he will be cheered when we win and jeered if we get humped 5-0 by Leyton Orient.

I sympathise fully as I did with Bruce losing his parents, but singing about the managers family?  Nope nope nope.

We're football supporters we sing about football, that's our remit. This is just an opinion but singing about someone's personal life (however well intentioned) is crossing a line.
I agree.  I really think this is a terrible idea.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #4267 on: May 05, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »
Cheers, Dean, you beautiful, beautiful man. Since landing here yesterday at Haven Hafan y Môr I've seen more Villa shirts than those of any other single club.
I was in Burnham at the weekend. Same there. Villa shorts everywhere. Dean Smith has made us proud to show our colours again.

How odd. I own a van at Burnham and was there for part of last weekend. Am going to Hafan y Mor next month in a van swap owners arrangement thing.

OT stuart but how much do you reckon it costs you a year to have a van - er indoors wants one.

Online KRS

« Reply #4268 on: May 09, 2019, 06:58:00 PM »
Just saw a clip of his press conference and he cleverly takes the pressure of us saying that Baggies should be the favourites despite what the media and pundits say. He quite rightly states that they have just come down, have a team full of Premier League players, have been above us all season and we haven't yet beaten them in the 2 games so far...those very reasons are good motivation for our management and players particularly after the cheating at their place.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4269 on: May 09, 2019, 07:09:22 PM »
Wherever we are next season, I am looking forward to seeing what this man can do.  If we fail this season, we go up as champions next.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4270 on: May 09, 2019, 07:19:38 PM »
Cheers, Dean, you beautiful, beautiful man. Since landing here yesterday at Haven Hafan y Môr I've seen more Villa shirts than those of any other single club.
I was in Burnham at the weekend. Same there. Villa shorts everywhere. Dean Smith has made us proud to show our colours again.

How odd. I own a van at Burnham and was there for part of last weekend. Am going to Hafan y Mor next month in a van swap owners arrangement thing.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4271 on: May 27, 2019, 07:59:48 PM »
Thank you for saving our club.  Name where you want your statue.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #4272 on: May 27, 2019, 08:07:59 PM »
Already a legend.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #4273 on: May 27, 2019, 08:13:27 PM »
Smith out ! ( of the Championship )
Deano, thank you for being a top class manager and bloke and taking us back to being an exciting footballing side that we can be proud of.  Even better that we’re in the First Division, but that’s just the icing on the cake.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4274 on: May 27, 2019, 08:49:34 PM »
A couple of months ago some were saying that the club was to big for him to manage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal