collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522269 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #1095 on: November 10, 2018, 05:33:42 PM »
What I like (on top of 3-0 away wins) is that Dean Smith didn't show any signs of panic after those dodgy couple of results.  He really might be the manager wee been waiting for since MON flounced. 

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1096 on: November 10, 2018, 05:38:05 PM »
Let’s not get carried away. I’m sure a Steve Bruce team would have won 3-0 with more possession, shots and passes.  Lol.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1097 on: November 10, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »
What I like (on top of 3-0 away wins) is that Dean Smith didn't show any signs of panic after those dodgy couple of results.  He really might be the manager wee been waiting for since MON flounced. 

Fuck MON.

Dean could be the manager we've been waiting for since He Who Walks On Water left.

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #1098 on: November 10, 2018, 05:40:59 PM »
Martin O'Neill was the start of all of the problems. Don't compare him with Dean Smith just yet.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1099 on: November 10, 2018, 05:44:23 PM »
Let's all calm down a bit. We'd be absolutely destroying them if this thread was on SHA.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1100 on: November 10, 2018, 05:46:59 PM »
Or better still, fucking enjoy playing well for once and not give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1101 on: November 10, 2018, 05:48:47 PM »
Hi Dean, is there a Mrs Smith? Asking for a 'friend' as I don't love you loads at all. Honest.
Hahaha! I've got to admit there was a point I was concerned for your well being (after the Bristol City and Millwall match lowlights posts) and I was worried you'd be tipped over the edge/forever lost down the rabbit hole, during the gruelling course of the season. Delighted to know that you're now perfectly fine and that you lead the long and healthy DS man crush queue. 

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #1102 on: November 10, 2018, 05:49:03 PM »
Or better still, fucking enjoy playing well for once and not give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

Enjoy the moment...I fuckin am

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1103 on: November 10, 2018, 05:51:50 PM »
Let's all calm down a bit. We'd be absolutely destroying them if this thread was on SHA.

I can't recall a single away performance like that 2nd half in years and years. It was a bit special.

We're going up.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1104 on: November 10, 2018, 05:53:36 PM »
After all the shit we've had for so long, who gives a tuppeny fuck what anybody else thinks.  Smith has got a plan and a vision, and we're only going to get better.  That performance and result today will have the rest of the league shitting themselves.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1105 on: November 10, 2018, 05:54:39 PM »
This result will be great for confidence ·······Still early days but he is obviously making a difference already - if the plug had been pulled on Bruce a few games earlier who knows where we would stand currently - onwards and upwards - hopefully with reinforcements in January we can kick on and secure at least a play off spot - exciting times ahead I hope

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #1106 on: November 10, 2018, 05:55:38 PM »
The messiah

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1107 on: November 10, 2018, 05:56:03 PM »

We've just destroyed one of the promotion favourites away. I'd be surprised if any supporters wouldn't be celebrating.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1108 on: November 10, 2018, 05:56:21 PM »

If you look at his time at Brentford, Smith set his teams out to play the exact same way every week. No matter the opponent.

No team wins every week, and for his time there at this level his success was directly correlated to available resources. If we have a defined, positive approach coupled with significantly superior resources, now and in January we will have every chance of maintaining this level of play. The players are growing in belief. You saw that today. And the result will be such a boost for them. It will validate what the manager and coaches have been preaching. It’s enjoyable to play this way, and even better when we win.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1109 on: November 10, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »

Fuck MON.

Dean could be the manager we've been waiting for since He Who Walks On Water left.

Haha!  I get where you're coming from.  I suppose I meant that we've had a collection of bad / underwhelming / bizarre appointments since MON, who for a while brought the club close to where it should be.  Let's hope Smith actually does that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal