collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1523637 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #1020 on: October 27, 2018, 01:34:09 PM »
we must have done some coaching because we are playing in a totally different way than what we did before

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1021 on: October 27, 2018, 01:37:29 PM »
They'll be training obviously, but it probably won't have been full on sessions.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1022 on: October 27, 2018, 02:13:44 PM »
Tbf*, wasn't it Hutton that put in the cross when a defender somehow managed to nip in ahead of Abraham in front of goal? Good ball that, whoever it was.

*no inference should be taken from this that my opinion of our fullbacks is anything other than that they are generally shit.

That was Elmo.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1023 on: October 27, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »
If he didn't think he had his work cut out before, he will do now.  Another season in this godforsaken league, FFS.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1024 on: October 27, 2018, 02:15:58 PM »
There were many positives about the game. But Dean is going to be limited by what he has. It’s remarkable to see a Villa side with so much possession.

It wasn’t a shock to see us completely inept in the final third because Bruce coached goals out of this team.

And it was completely expected to see us concede a stupid goal because that’s what Bruce left us with at the back. Sub standard footballers.

And the most expected thing was once we conceded we know we wouldn’t come back. And the players knew it too. Their confidence because of all the things I mentioned combined is just shot as soon as we fall behind.

These are all things that will take time and money to fix. In Dean I trust.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1025 on: October 27, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »
Tbf*, wasn't it Hutton that put in the cross when a defender somehow managed to nip in ahead of Abraham in front of goal? Good ball that, whoever it was.

*no inference should be taken from this that my opinion of our fullbacks is anything other than that they are generally shit.

That was Elmo.

That'll teach me to try and be nice!

Offline Iamkmkm

« Reply #1026 on: October 27, 2018, 02:18:42 PM »
May have lost yesterday, but we were playing some really good football, once we get going we will be unstoppable.

Online FatSam

« Reply #1027 on: October 27, 2018, 02:41:46 PM »
In the second half last night, when losing away from home (admittedly against a fairly average side) we were really going for it. There was a period where we had them on the ropes in a way that I don’t remember us doing under Bruce. Too many games recently we have just finished with a whimper.

I was there last night, and also away at Reading in Bruce’s first season, and we played a lot better last night. From memory the Reading game was a cagey affair, where we closed the it down and fed off scraps. I recall Bacuna having one of the best chances by just bundling through. Jedinak won everything in the air, but repeatedly gave the ball away.

Bruce made us difficult to beat, which is what we needed at the time. We need something different now, but still need to retain some defensive resilience. Despite all the possession we looked very vulnerable in transition last night. QPR broke incisively, and we didn’t know how to stop them. I suppose one solution would be to give the ball away less, but we don’t have the players for that.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1028 on: October 27, 2018, 02:45:37 PM »
I saw positive signs. I genuinely did. We played with a big of tempo, but January cannot come quick enough.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1029 on: October 27, 2018, 05:30:50 PM »
We’re going to be just fine, the signs are there. There’s still a huge amount to do at BMH and probably a bit of tinkering with players (again) in January. However at least the players will be selected for our system and not just because we can get them.

If we’re here in this league next season I won’t be too worried now we have Deano and his team here.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1030 on: October 27, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »
Unfortunately all new managers have to go through a process of trying to work out what they have and how to utilize them.
He has started by putting the most obvious players in the obvious positions and building from there.
You can see what he is trying to do but we have some pretty limited footballers.
As they say life is not about being dealt a good hand it’s playing a bad hand well.
I am glad he is our manager.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1031 on: October 29, 2018, 08:25:45 AM »
Would not be surprised to see us make a move for Rico Henry

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #1032 on: October 29, 2018, 10:37:06 AM »

He's one of them but seems to have a lot of potential.

Offline badminton

« Reply #1033 on: October 29, 2018, 11:36:39 AM »

He's one of them but seems to have a lot of potential.
He's also been injured more than fit over the past 3 years.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #1034 on: October 29, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »
Unfortunately all new managers have to go through a process of trying to work out what they have and how to utilize them.
He has started by putting the most obvious players in the obvious positions and building from there.
You can see what he is trying to do but we have some pretty limited footballers.
As they say life is not about being dealt a good hand it’s playing a bad hand well.
I am glad he is our manager.

The irony is that the one player in our back four we thought would be vulnerable is turning out to be our best defender.  The other three are experienced ex-Premier League players who seemingly aren't good enough for the Championship....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal