collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1523123 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #990 on: October 26, 2018, 10:38:30 PM »
I think we're going to get irritating results until January I'm.afraid. It may be too late by then, but this is the hand we've been dealt.

Maybe with a full week Smith might have room to breathe and see who is available in the u23s.
A genuine question to you Ads - do you  think we have anyone with  sufficient quality in Under 23`s to improve the first eleven?  We are looking for aspiring leaders on the pitch ...anyone fit the bill ?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #991 on: October 26, 2018, 10:42:07 PM »
Nothing much wrong with this start from Dean it’s the position he started from that is the problem.

Offline myf

« Reply #992 on: October 26, 2018, 10:43:29 PM »
A full week of coaching so hoping we start to see a difference this time next week. If not could be a relegation battle with the run of games coming up

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #993 on: October 26, 2018, 10:43:49 PM »
Please give the guy a chance. He needs to instill some confidence into the players who currently look weak through no real belief. He needs to tell them how good they are while trying to find replacements for those that aren't good enough or are past it (Hutton is past it, Nyland, Taylor and Chester aren't good enough).

Once he sorts the defence out, the rest will sort out itself.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #994 on: October 26, 2018, 10:48:52 PM »
Nothing much wrong with this start from Dean it’s the position he started from that is the problem.

Yes he inherited a lopsided and underperforming squad, but I think we all hoped for a little more than 3 pts from 3 games. He’ll sort it out but it’s a poor start.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #995 on: October 26, 2018, 10:53:51 PM »
I think we're going to get irritating results until January I'm.afraid. It may be too late by then, but this is the hand we've been dealt.

Maybe with a full week Smith might have room to breathe and see who is available in the u23s.
A genuine question to you Ads - do you  think we have anyone with  sufficient quality in Under 23`s to improve the first eleven?  We are looking for aspiring leaders on the pitch ...anyone fit the bill ?

I don't know. Doyle-Hayes I wonder about as I think he's very good on the ball. He's the one that would be in my thinking.

Offline achilles

« Reply #996 on: October 26, 2018, 11:18:25 PM »
Bruce has left us with a totally unbalanced squad which Smith has to try and get some semblance of a team out of, which is going to prove difficult.
People have to accept that this situation is not going to improve overnight and probably not till January when Smith may be able to get a whole new defence or at least one or two proper defenders in and a goalkeeper.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #997 on: October 26, 2018, 11:20:46 PM »
Bruce has left us with a totally unbalanced squad which Smith has to try and get some semblance of a team out of, which is going to prove difficult.
People have to accept that this situation is not going to improve overnight and probably not till January when Smith may be able to get a whole new defence or at least one or two proper defenders in and a goalkeeper.
I agree and I think our striker situation is also a problem.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #998 on: October 27, 2018, 12:11:13 AM »
I agree and I think our striker situation is also a problem.

There's nothing wrong with our strikers - we've got four strikers on the books who've scored more than 20 goals a season in this division.  The issue is with the system they've been played in, not the players themselves.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #999 on: October 27, 2018, 02:04:59 AM »

Spot on, he's been here less than 2 weeks, without the benefit of a full Squad due to the international break, so what do you expect? He's taken over another managers team and he will attempt to mould them into his concept. That isn't going to happen overnight or even ten nights! Patience is the key, to open the AVFC conundrum

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1000 on: October 27, 2018, 07:27:19 AM »
He's had a full squad this week surely? Bruce left him with a bum hand, no doubt, but he hasn't got the luxury of time on his side. We have an awful run of games before the transfer window might offer a glimmer of hope, but a lot of damage can be done between now and then thanks to a defence which can't defend and a midfield/ forward line without last season's goals/assists from Albert, Hourihane and Snoddy to name but three.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1001 on: October 27, 2018, 08:08:07 AM »
We chose a manager with a clear method and approach that will take time

We'll improve if he gets it

People at the game last night reporting comments from some fans that he's no better than bruce; and multiple "get it forward " comments during the game

This is what will undo him. It's ridiculous

Offline Ads

« Reply #1002 on: October 27, 2018, 08:16:00 AM »
Yeah plenty of dead head comments.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1003 on: October 27, 2018, 08:21:06 AM »
I must admit I didn’t hear any comments about Smith

Offline Ads

« Reply #1004 on: October 27, 2018, 08:23:25 AM »
Some Carling induced div was telling me how shit Grealish was though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal