collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522553 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #735 on: October 17, 2018, 11:16:37 PM »
This thread needs the Abe Simpson gif.

Dafuq you lot?

Offline Ads

« Reply #736 on: October 17, 2018, 11:21:04 PM »
Supposedly had Ginge training with us again. I would take him over Jedinak. It would also mean he'd stop having to buy tickets and could travel on the team bus*.

*one for those who travel away.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #737 on: October 17, 2018, 11:52:25 PM »
I feel a bit sorry for Damo now. Even if he discovers a cure for cancer or promotes peace in the Middle East, he's going to be known as Damo the dog-fingerer from now on.
Was it a poodle?

Perhaps a Shitsu?

Cocker spaniel surely.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #738 on: October 18, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »
No one was happier than me when Brucey got the chop
and I’m delighted with Dean Smith

but all the things that are said after the press conference

‘He gets the Villa’
‘Proper football man’
‘He’ll sort the mess out’
‘He comes over well’
‘He’s very likeable’
‘He knows this league inside out’
‘this is the biggest job he’s ever had’
‘He’s looks really happy to be here’
‘He talks a lot of sense’

every one of them were said about Bruce as well
it’s what happens on the pitch that counts
i not that bothered what they say anymore and that goes for players and CEO’s as well, I just want to see the proof on the pitch

that’s why I’m more than hopeful with Smith because his track record is attractive attacking football
It’s not something we are making fit or hoping for, it’s what he does

I just want to see it now

This is pretty much where I am as well? I’m cautiously optimistic about Smith but I’m aware that we seem to have had plenty of Great White Hope’s over the last few years, all of them coming in to revolutionise us and none doing a particularly impressive job.

I hope he does very well, he’s certainly not going to do it overnight.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #739 on: October 18, 2018, 08:30:27 AM »
Dean Smith will do well.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #740 on: October 18, 2018, 09:39:46 AM »
I don't remember such a positive welcome being afforded to a manager, can you?

When you look at what we've had before, it's not exactly a surprise, but the whole management team have been hugely positive and the supporters' response too.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #741 on: October 18, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »
I think, Drum, that it is a response to the feeling that there has been a total clear out of the clutter of people for want of a better phrase, with a there or thereabouts attitude to their responsibilities.  Like the club having a head of European scouting living in Australia.  The new broom has swept clean.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #742 on: October 18, 2018, 10:40:38 AM »
Well, I'm refusing to not be excited about all this.

True, it could eventually all turn into yet another steaming heap. But for now, I'm loving feeling a bit like a kid on Christmas Eve who's spotted a bike-shaped present stashed behind the tree.

Offline Ads

« Reply #743 on: October 18, 2018, 10:50:48 AM »
Get excited, why not.

He's ruled Micah out as he's not fit. Surprisingly.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #744 on: October 18, 2018, 10:53:06 AM »
I'm hopeful, looking forward to us playing differently, and excited should it work.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #745 on: October 18, 2018, 11:00:39 AM »
Last time I was so excited about a new Villa manager was when Big Fat Ron joined.  And his first game, away at Hillsborough, was one of the best away days I’ve been to. 

Offline Damo70

« Reply #746 on: October 18, 2018, 11:00:48 AM »
Bit pissed but FWIIW sticking your finger sharply up your dog's arse when you put it in the starting traps is a sure way of guaranteeing it hits the lid (flies out of the traps).
Round my way,they stick matchsticks up trail hound dogs arses to make them take a shit before racing so they don't stop halfway round!

I think it was David Baddiel who told a story on stage once regarding his cat keeping him awake all night tearing around the house screeching as it was 'on heat'. He reckoned his vet had suggested he 'serviced his cat's needs' by pleasuring it with a cotton wool bud. Which led to Baddiel wondering if zoo keepers did the same to lions and tigers using those big cotton wool bud looking things ITV's 'Gladiators' and contestants used to twat each other with.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #747 on: October 18, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
I feel a bit sorry for Damo now. Even if he discovers a cure for cancer or promotes peace in the Middle East, he's going to be known as Damo the dog-fingerer from now on.

I am surprised my story caused such a response as I had already told it on H&V ages ago without much response. As for the title 'Damo The Dog Fingerer' I suspect if I pitched that idea to Channel 5 I would get my own late night show.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #748 on: October 18, 2018, 11:08:01 AM »
Last time I was so excited about a new Villa manager was when Big Fat Ron joined.  And his first game, away at Hillsborough, was one of the best away days I’ve been to.

I remember being very excited travelling on the coach to Hillsborough for that game and obviously delighted on the way back. I also remember the excitement of being at SGT's first game at Ipswich. I had just left school and had previously only gone to away games in the Midlands. My Dad took myself, H&V's Nev and another mate of ours down there as he was working in the area at the time. We hung around the away coach afterwards waiting to see the players and got to met SGT.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #749 on: October 18, 2018, 11:22:37 AM »

I remember being very excited travelling on the coach to Hillsborough for that game and obviously delighted on the way back. I also remember the excitement of being at SGT's first game at Ipswich. I had just left school and had previously only gone to away games in the Midlands. My Dad took myself, H&V's Nev and another mate of ours down there as he was working in the area at the time. We hung around the away coach afterwards waiting to see the players and got to met SGT.

Actually, now I think about it, I was just as excited when O’Neill arrived. His first game - and Randy Lerner’s - at the brand new Emirates was also a fantastic day. It all turned to rats’ cocks in the end but nobody who was there that day could argue that it didn’t feel like the dawning of a new era for Villa. USA, USA .....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal