collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522576 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #630 on: October 15, 2018, 05:03:03 PM »
Interesting that Terry was excluded from the press conference having been previously mentioned he'd be attending. Smart move in my book. Happy the way DS said both Terry and O'Kelly are a major part of the decision making. Bibs and Cones they ain't. In his earlier interview he spoke about how O'Kelly challenges him and helps him improve. We seem to have a very clever set up and I for one am delighted the three are onboard.

Final word on Purslow. Never has a truer word been spoken, the most important man at the (or any) club is the Manager/Coach. Like him, I feel we've got the right man leading us.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #631 on: October 15, 2018, 05:22:03 PM »
Didn't realise we had so many internationals if he was only coaching 13 players today!
He's realised the size of the task now as they were all right backs.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #632 on: October 15, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »
The Villa aeroplane is on the runway.

Offline nigel

« Reply #633 on: October 15, 2018, 05:28:46 PM »
Interesting that Terry was excluded from the press conference having been previously mentioned he'd be attending. Smart move in my book. Happy the way DS said both Terry and O'Kelly are a major part of the decision making. Bibs and Cones they ain't. In his earlier interview he spoke about how O'Kelly challenges him and helps him improve. We seem to have a very clever set up and I for one am delighted the three are onboard.

Final word on Purslow. Never has a truer word been spoken, the most important man at the (or any) club is the Manager/Coach. Like him, I feel we've got the right man leading us.

The way he spoke about JT involvement and the phone call.
How I read into it was that It sounded as if JT is quite humble and wiling to work, but Dean expects JT to 'challenge' him like O'Kelly.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #634 on: October 15, 2018, 05:36:50 PM »
Very much seems like Smith has a democratic style of management whereas Bruce was autocratic

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #635 on: October 15, 2018, 05:40:53 PM »

Now can anyone find the engine?

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #636 on: October 15, 2018, 05:57:54 PM »
15th in the championship and at home to Swansea. Possible sell out crowd...42k....noses,pie eaters and dingles....watch it and weep.

Offline johny

« Reply #637 on: October 15, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
Absolutely buzzing. I have a feeling we might at long last have a proper manager. C'mon You Lions!

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #638 on: October 15, 2018, 06:04:12 PM »
Both came accross very well, articulate and thoughtful with the words they used.

In Smith we have found a down to earth and hopefully pragmatic coach who can get us playing attacking and winning football.

Purslow says the slate is clean financially, which I’m not sure it is although as he said he was involved in FFP before it came to pass so knows  more than most you would hope!

Exciting times

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #639 on: October 15, 2018, 06:49:27 PM »

Now can anyone find the engine?

Brontebilly won't.

The aeroplane is being fuelled. Let's hope we start taxiing by the end of the month and the pilot pisses over the Sty on his next trip to Majorca.

Smith looks alright to me. A bit rabbit in headlights but I have something similar at work currently. It all settles down in the end.

Welcome Dean. Play proper attacking football with a plan and don't be shit! 

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #640 on: October 15, 2018, 07:15:39 PM »

my mum told me to get Hazard

Offline Diablo

« Reply #641 on: October 15, 2018, 07:22:13 PM »
There's a little Villa podcast on youtube that some might of watched/ heard. Has a bloke from Soccer AM on there who's a Brentford fan giving some views and opinions on Dean Smith, quite interesting.

&feature=youtu.be
I listened to this the other day.  You can tell the Brentford fan just loves Smith and he sounds genuinely excited to see what he can do with our squad.  After listening to I feel really positive about this appointment

Really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting

About 90 mins of interviews with John Gregory on that site as well. Recommended
Thanks! Great interview with the Brentford fan from Soccer AM - I thought he came across really well. Brentford averaged 10,000 fans last year (2nd from bottom after Burton - not sure how many the away end holds?) which only shows how well run/managed they are to be able to compete at the level they do.

On a different subject the 3 part interview with Brian Little on their site is fab!! In it amongst many things he talks about the importance of his coaching team of John Gregory and Allan Evans and how he missed John when he left (but that he wanted John to be a manager) which made me think of todays new coaching set up. I'm not the greatest Appleyard fan but just looking at him last year he conducted himself extremely well (even if on the playing side he was prone to some defensive mistakes/errors that seemed to overlooked/ignored by many on here). I really hope that professionalism continues and if so I see no reason that he won't be a great coaching assistant to Dean Smith. Exciting times! UTV!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:39:49 PM by Diablo »

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #642 on: October 15, 2018, 07:29:55 PM »
Just watched those interviews. After Bruce's last game I posted on here that I couldn't remember what it was like to enjoy football. Having watched the interviews I can't remember the last time I felt so positive and happy to be looking forward to positive, entertaining football and good times round the corner.  The new owners have put everything in place to bring the good times back to the club. Hats off to all involved

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #643 on: October 15, 2018, 07:57:38 PM »
Really positive that FFP might not hamper us in January. Really excited that Messi and Naymar would be in defence for us....then I realised that Mr.Bruce wouldn't be in charge..Well thank you to the cabbage thrower that ruined my chances of seeing those two at the back for villa.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #644 on: October 15, 2018, 07:57:46 PM »
After watching that 20 minutes with Dean and Christian, I can honestly say I haven't been this positive about our club in a long old while.

It's clear we're being modernised from top to bottom.

I think it will soon become clear that we've been run prehistorically for years.

I thought they both came across really well and I can't wait for Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal