collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1534446 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #615 on: October 15, 2018, 04:18:53 PM »
You have no idea what the new "strategy" was in replacing Bruce. You have seen speculation in the media about other managers the same as the rest of us. For all you know the Smith/Terry duo was their aim from day one. If you do have some inside knowledge on the new owners feel free to share it but you will be asked to provide some kind of evidence by everyone on here.
Stop it please it was just a passing comment on a discussion forum. I didn't realise I was standing up in Court:)
Stop what? I thought your comment was unnecessary and I called you on it. Why question the strategy of our new owners? None of us know what went on with the recent appointments as they conducted themselves impeccably and professionally. We should all be eternally grateful that they came along when they did because make no mistake we we're up shit creek. We should all just look forward to an exciting time for AVFC. There is no merit in looking for any negatives right now. In my opinion.
Yes ok. As you said it’s your opinion and I have a right to comment on an article. That’s all.

Offline nigel

« Reply #616 on: October 15, 2018, 04:21:10 PM »
Great interview
Thought Purslow came across well, too

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #617 on: October 15, 2018, 04:24:02 PM »
No hesitation no weasel words no platitudes that’s Dean Smith.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #618 on: October 15, 2018, 04:27:02 PM »
No hesitation no weasel words no platitudes that’s Dean Smith.

So refreshing but there again he hasn’t had to defend our incompetent players yet!

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #619 on: October 15, 2018, 04:28:46 PM »
Purslow, now there's a man who chooses his words carefully.

It was all pretty low key, nothing special and that's just how it should be. Now on to Saturday.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #620 on: October 15, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »
How many times did they say we need work hard and earn the right? Is this the new ‘roll our sleeves up’?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #621 on: October 15, 2018, 04:32:08 PM »
A nice start. Good and steady and not overplaying the Villa fan bit, infact he seems to be downplaying it.
What was very interesting was Purslow. I thought he came across as incredibly professional and measured.
His comments on finances were particularly interesting, he obviously fully understand the implications of FFP as he was involved in the drafting of the rules,  and it really sounds like the club have got a solid grasp of what we can and can’t do, and we can still do some stuff.
It’s going to be a fascinating few months.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #622 on: October 15, 2018, 04:33:35 PM »
Didn't realise we had so many internationals if he was only coaching 13 players today!

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #623 on: October 15, 2018, 04:37:18 PM »
Welcome Dean, Richard and Terry

do ya best

UTV
The Doc

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #624 on: October 15, 2018, 04:40:06 PM »
Came across well, and is clearly much more intelligent than Bruce. Purslow seemed competent, and was far less oily than Wyness who always seemed a bit spivvy.

Pleased.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #625 on: October 15, 2018, 04:41:17 PM »
A nice start. Good and steady and not overplaying the Villa fan bit, infact he seems to be downplaying it.
What was very interesting was Purslow. I thought he came across as incredibly professional and measured.
His comments on finances were particularly interesting, he obviously fully understand the implications of FFP as he was involved in the drafting of the rules,  and it really sounds like the club have got a solid grasp of what we can and can’t do, and we can still do some stuff.
It’s going to be a fascinating few months.
I agree with this 100%

Clearly he and the clubs owners (and I would imagine army of business lawyers) would have a huge understanding of the rules and how we can "use" them to our gain.  Interesting there was no mention of Dr Tony so safe to assume he has taken his money and gone.

Most clubs supporters would cut a limb off to have a sniff of a billionaire owner - we are on our 3rd and this time the whole structure has a different feeling about it - these are top professionals and Purslow  smacks of a very driven CEO

bring it on

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #626 on: October 15, 2018, 04:42:21 PM »
Didn't realise we had so many internationals if he was only coaching 13 players today!

I'm guessing that Nyland Chester McGinn Hourihane Hogan Bolasie BB Kodjia Abraham are all away and won't be back until Weds/Thurs 

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #628 on: October 15, 2018, 04:52:57 PM »
Enjoyed how both came across and sounded very professional. Nice to hear we're starting to act like a "modern" football club and good news about FFP too if true.

Bore off the int break, I'm buzzing again now.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #629 on: October 15, 2018, 05:02:11 PM »

Enjoyed that. Both came across well. Let's just take it from here and one game at a time now and see where we are come May

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal