collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1537866 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #465 on: October 13, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »
Important to remember as well that these players weren't born under Steve Bruce. Yes, they'll have to learn to play a new way as a unit, but they will have individually played in different styles during their careers, so they're not starting from scratch.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #466 on: October 13, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »
It will feel like a heavy cloud will also have lifted when the players have their first training session. The management and coaching team will bring respect and optimism.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #467 on: October 13, 2018, 01:42:33 PM »
I think the team selection for Swansea will be very interesting.  Although no doubt Smith will have some knowledge of our players, JT will have the inside knowledge of them all except McGinn and maybe will have a major input.  Due to them being scattered far and wide this coming week I would imagine Smith will only have Thursday and Friday to work with the squad and he won't be able to instill much change in them in that short space of time.

True

I wonder if for both reasons (tiredness and lack of engagement with the internationals) he might put in more players that he's at least had a chance to work with for a week

Nyland

Bree Chester tuanzebe Taylor

Hourihane Lansbury / Whelan  grealish

Adomah / el ghazi Abraham Bolasie

Wouldn't be a major surprise to see someone like O'Hare in the squad as a bit of a statement of intent

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #468 on: October 13, 2018, 01:56:01 PM »
is O'hare even fit, did he not have a bad injury ?

I remember Terry raving about O'hare,
he picked him out even above Grealish as one to watch for the future when he was asked if anyone had impressed him in the squad

so I wouldn't be surprised either to see him part of the things to come

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #469 on: October 13, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »
He bagged a hat trick the other night. He seems fine to me

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #470 on: October 13, 2018, 02:00:08 PM »
I'm cautious about the kids and when I saw O'Hare back end of last season he wasn't great

But he genuinely wowed me in those early cup games last year, as did JDH

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #471 on: October 13, 2018, 02:40:27 PM »
I'm not expecting much to go much right until we have a transfer window to address the goalie and defence problems. Anything else is a bonus for me.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #472 on: October 13, 2018, 03:11:47 PM »
For the second time this week Dean Saunders has been shot down by a Talksport colleague whilst trying to defend Steve Bruce. Saunders was saying where we would have been in the table if the penalty against Preston had gone in. This time it was bluenose Ian Danter, who pointed out to him that Bruce was playing players out of position, won one game in ten and had turned on the fans. Also, in the days since Bruce has been sacked Deano has either forgot what he said when Bruce was sacked or his faith in Bruce has actually gone up in recent days. When Bruce was sacked Deano said he should have been given until Christmas. Today he has said he should have been given until the end of the season!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:15:19 PM by Damo70 »

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #473 on: October 13, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »
For the second time this week Dean Saunders has been shot down by a Talksport colleague whilst trying to defend Steve Bruce. Saunders was saying where we would have been in the table if the penalty against Preston had gone in. This time it was bluenose Ian Danter, who pointed out to him that Bruce was playing players out of position, won one game in ten and had turned on the fans. Also, in the days since Bruce has been sacked Deano has either forgot what he said when Bruce was sacked or his faith in Bruce has actually gone up in recent days. When Bruce was sacked Deano said he should have been given until Christmas. Today he has said he should have been given until the end of the season!
Yeah I heard that too. What a tool Dean Saunders has been regarding Bruce since his sacking. He's making himself look an idiot with his blatant disregard for the facts just to show support for him. It's the old pals act in full swing. It's a shame as I've always liked Dean Saunders before.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 04:54:01 PM by The Edge »

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #474 on: October 13, 2018, 04:11:42 PM »
I'm cautious about the kids and when I saw O'Hare back end of last season he wasn't great

But he genuinely wowed me in those early cup games last year, as did JDH

we will never know unless we try them and I think he will try them

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2018, 04:15:20 PM »
I'm not 100% sure but something in the back of my mind makes me think that they are neighbours in the Cheshire area.  If so, Saunders won't let the truth stop his defence of Bruce.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #476 on: October 13, 2018, 04:26:14 PM »
He bagged a hat trick the other night. He seems fine to me

not bad if he has a serious injury then,  imagine how many he'l get when he's proper fit 🙂

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #477 on: October 13, 2018, 05:21:53 PM »
Could just be that Saunders is having empathy for another manager knowing what it's like to be in that position.

Is Chester back or is he still suspended?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #478 on: October 13, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »
Chester is back

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #479 on: October 13, 2018, 05:31:26 PM »
That's good, I thought he had a 3-game ban.

Bruce was never going to work with these new owners who seem keen to promote youth. The likes of O'Hare, JDH, Hepburn-Murphy may all fare better. He might want to recall Clark and Green in January too (I think season long loans have a recall option in January).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal