collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522295 times)

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2018, 03:54:41 AM »
on the outside looking in a strange choice considering the size of your club . thought you would have gone with someone who's been there and done it like our neil

just beat swansea next week i,m sure you'll understand

I think we've already gone down the 'been there and done it' route, mate. And we didn't go anywhere and didn't do anything, unfortunately.

Smith will do just fine.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #436 on: October 13, 2018, 08:06:39 AM »
I'm ridiculously excited for Swansea. I wish it was today!

We've got such good attacking players, the idea that we'll see some structure to our method and perhaps some decent football seems too good to be true.

40,000 down Villa and the chance of a new dawn.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #437 on: October 13, 2018, 08:08:03 AM »

We've got such good attacking players, the idea that we'll see some structure to our method and perhaps some decent football seems too good to be true.

Yep.  And to top it off, the game will be my sons first one.  He will be hooked for life the poor little bugger!

Offline Ads

« Reply #438 on: October 13, 2018, 08:12:13 AM »
on the outside looking in a strange choice considering the size of your club . thought you would have gone with someone who's been there and done it like our neil

just beat swansea next week i,m sure you'll understand

I think we've already gone down the 'been there and done it' route, mate. And we didn't go anywhere and didn't do anything, unfortunately.

Smith will do just fine.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Colin is proving that while Jurassic Park football can be effective at getting you up, it's got no hope of keeping you there.

Offline kieron

« Reply #439 on: October 13, 2018, 08:40:37 AM »

Yep.  And to top it off, the game will be my sons first one.  He will be hooked for life the poor little bugger!

Please pass on my sympathies to your son.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #440 on: October 13, 2018, 08:49:24 AM »
Lets not get carried away just yet, it'll just lead to disappointment. Just go there with the consideration that you might see a few chinks of light in terms of our attacking play and that we might sneak a win but no guarantees.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2018, 09:23:35 AM »
Lets not get carried away just yet, it'll just lead to disappointment. Just go there with the consideration that you might see a few chinks of light in terms of our attacking play and that we might sneak a win but no guarantees.

Yep. It's an encouraging and exciting move but he's not going to change things overnight. I'd just be happy with the three points however they come and see what progresses from there.

Offline Ads

« Reply #442 on: October 13, 2018, 09:36:35 AM »
Hoping for "some decent football" is getting carried away?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #443 on: October 13, 2018, 09:42:21 AM »
of course not, it's a minimum expectation for any fan, but Pearl & Dean are going to need time to create sustainable entertainment

Offline Chap

• http://www.chap23.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #444 on: October 13, 2018, 09:46:11 AM »
No,but having to change the two years of dullard football drummed into them by Bruce may take a little time!!

Offline Ads

« Reply #445 on: October 13, 2018, 09:53:07 AM »
I know, but I can still look forward to a game and hope and expect better.

Decent football. Not sensational. Just decent, for now. And winning. Especially that.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #446 on: October 13, 2018, 09:54:13 AM »
Elphick Hourane Bree Lansbury Hogan Macormac all came to us having played some effective football elsewhere

Bruce didn't get the best out of any of them, I don't think he improved one player while he was with us

Bruce was such a poor manager if Smith decides to play any of them again I would be prepared to wipe the slate clean and have a new look are them playing in a proper football system under a better coaching set up

I think we might see a lot more from players even those who have been playing regularly with the new set up

He did improve Grealish, though clearly more by good man management than any tactical evolution. That’s one thing I’m grateful to Bruce for.

On another tack, why is John Terry called Appleyard? Missed something.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #447 on: October 13, 2018, 10:09:17 AM »
Obviously would welcome a great result against Swansea but being realistic would be happy to see some thought put into team selection and style of play. With ticket sales going as they are it just shows there is massive potential there that has been stifled for years. Come on smithy unleash the lion and let it roar so loud that places like the Stu think there is an earthquake happening. Come on you fuckin lions.

Offline Rico

« Reply #448 on: October 13, 2018, 10:21:54 AM »
Very happy with the appointments so far. I think we must all be patient though. Bruce has left us with a makeshift defence and no decent goalkeeper, so unless the new management team can come up with some new options in defence then i can't see how we can improve in that department until the January transfer window opens up. Obviously playing people in their correct positions will be a start, but for now I'm just happy to be rid of Bruce and his anti - football.

No idea what  Appleyard refers to either.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #449 on: October 13, 2018, 10:36:13 AM »
Very happy with the appointments so far. I think we must all be patient though. Bruce has left us with a makeshift defence and no decent goalkeeper, so unless the new management team can come up with some new options in defence then i can't see how we can improve in that department until the January transfer window opens up. Obviously playing people in their correct positions will be a start, but for now I'm just happy to be rid of Bruce and his anti - football.

No idea what  Appleyard refers to either.

I think he is going to have to go with the Tuanzebe and Chester partnership at centre half until January.  They need to be given some time to develop a partnership and the chopping and changing needs to stop.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal