collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522082 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #375 on: October 11, 2018, 11:37:35 PM »
I would just fuck her fucking fanny off you twats!
You are Donald Trump and muscling in as another  celeb Villa fan.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #376 on: October 12, 2018, 12:25:21 AM »
clicky

“I also believe British coaches need to go and learn a lot more about what's out there as well. At Brentford, myself and (assistant) Richard O'Kelly brought in Thomas Frank, who was manager at (Danish club) Brondby, to help out on our coaching staff because he can bring us something different.

“We can learn from each other and Thomas has a different outlook, but like young players, coaches need to expand their horizons and keep challenging themselves – and that includes working in a different country.”

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #377 on: October 12, 2018, 01:36:59 AM »
Great appointment, really looking forward to seeing where he can take us. he's been the fans' choice for a while now.

I just wish that little devil on my shoulder, shouting Graham Turner in my ear, would fuck of though.

Luckily mine is saying Ron Saunders.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #378 on: October 12, 2018, 03:45:55 AM »
Seems good on paper, I'll say it quietly, but Warburton looked good at Brentford and the wheels fell off once he left without the infrastucture brentford have in place to support him
To be fair, Warburton went to a club that was only 3 years old so understandably it was an unprofessional shambles.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #379 on: October 12, 2018, 05:48:54 AM »
It's now a race against time. Bruce should've gone after the Sheffield United & Burton shambles. At least it would've afforded Dean Smith more precious time. Dean has inherited an absolute mess. Bruce should've been fired alone for letting Elphick go without a replacement lined up; perhaps the most ludicrous decision of his tenure!

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #380 on: October 12, 2018, 07:31:25 AM »
Maybe but in mitigation  the fact is that Elphick is utterly useless, letting that lad go to Port Vale was a bigger crime as was getting Axel back and playing him at right back. And letting Steer go. Etc.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2018, 07:44:43 AM »
You lot want the moon on a stick!  The day I see a decent left back in a Villa shirt is the day I know we've finally turned a corner.

Are you Lee or Herring ?

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #382 on: October 12, 2018, 08:36:08 AM »
I would just fuck her fucking fanny off you twats!
You are Donald Trump and muscling in as another  celeb Villa fan.

Or Bill Cosby.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #383 on: October 12, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »
A few years ago I was at home for Christmas, I remember the exact year.  Villa were away to Stoke on Boxing Day and, having no booking record and not sure if you could get tickets without one, me and my lad went to Walsall who were playing Sheffield Wednesday who brought a great crowd with them so the atmosphere was good.

Wednesday went a goal up somewhat against the run of play as Walsall were playing some pretty neat football.  They kept plugging away and a couple of minutes into stoppage time equalised.  Far from shutting up shop, Walsall went for it and another minute or so later got a winner.  I think that's the attitude we can expect to see, at least I hope so.  Villa drew 0-0 btw.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #384 on: October 12, 2018, 09:15:43 AM »
Maybe but in mitigation  the fact is that Elphick is utterly useless, letting that lad go to Port Vale was a bigger crime as was getting Axel back and playing him at right back. And letting Steer go. Etc.

Elphick wasn't utterly useless at all.  Not the greatest defender ever, but certainly better and more mobile than Jedinak.  He did perfectly OK in his few appearances last year.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #385 on: October 12, 2018, 09:33:50 AM »
Looks like a decent crowd for his first game, just visited the ticket office and struggled to get two tickets together, they will make a decision on the upper tier of TR early next week.

Be nice for him, ay it?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #386 on: October 12, 2018, 09:33:57 AM »
I did not realise Deano bought James Tarkowski , he can spot a player .

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #387 on: October 12, 2018, 09:47:24 AM »

Elphick wasn't utterly useless at all.  Not the greatest defender ever, but certainly better and more mobile than Jedinak.  He did perfectly OK in his few appearances last year.

yeah , I thought people said he did well when he came in for Terry injured. I still do not understand why he let RDL thou and bring some one else's player in on loan.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #388 on: October 12, 2018, 09:51:58 AM »

Completely agree. He came with a good pedigree and a good work ethic. He dropped a couple of clangers in his first 4/5 games  which combined with being at a much bigger club and having much more pressure probably didnt help him. I always thought after his early blunders, he would get the odd chance here and there in cup games but always looked like he was playing as if he was on trial. Fat man must have shattered his confidence completely, this should have been his time here.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #389 on: October 12, 2018, 10:09:36 AM »
I respect your view but to me he always looked like an accident that had happened.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal