collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522524 times)

Online Chris Harte

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2018, 11:48:59 PM »
I know he's a Villa fan. Is he from Birmingham? If so where. His wiki page says born in West Brom.

It's close enough. As long as he don't go around saying "boing boing" or "we'll be throstle or throstle about" it's all good, man.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2018, 11:49:38 PM »
This guy has a lower win % than potato head. I hope things change under him for the better but right now Villa man or not I'm very skeptical.

Good luck though.

With the resources he had, Steve Bruce should have had a 85% win percentage

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2018, 11:50:15 PM »
Excellent appointments - each in their own right and on their own merits.

No guarantees (irrespective who we appointed) but a Villa fan who understands the expectations, backed by two proven winners and leaders in the upper echelons of football. A calm and measured CEO and positive wealthy owners.

As a poster wrote earlier, the start of something special. Let’s get behind them, not expect miracles overnight, and all pull in the same direction

UTV

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2018, 11:52:51 PM »
Forgetting win percentages, he finished 9th, 10th, 9th with Brentford. When you consider their size, income, stadium, fan base, budget and the fact they lose their best players every year, then that is overachieving. This whilst playing some of the best football in the league and playing us off the park nearly every time we've played them.

Offline cdward

« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2018, 11:53:29 PM »

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2018, 11:53:39 PM »
How’s he going to fit in JT and his own no2 from Brentford ?
Yeah I bet the club has just gone into this without a single fucking thought about what they're doing. Idiots.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2018, 11:54:36 PM »
Can we bring back the classic “Oh Deano” Dexy’s song from the early 90’s I wonder. Used to lie that.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2018, 11:54:46 PM »
I know he's a Villa fan. Is he from Birmingham? If so where. His wiki page says born in West Brom.

It's close enough. As long as he don't go around saying "boing boing" or "we'll be throstle or throstle about" it's all good, man.

My cousins from Hamsted went to Dartmouth school in West Bromwich and iirc he was in the same year as one of them

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2018, 11:59:38 PM »
I’m hopeful and wishe Smith and Terry all the best. Looking forward to a manager who can coach, which we haven’t had for a long time.

Very intriguing appointment from a Spanish director of football too. I’m amazed he knew of Smith and his record at Brentford.

One very minor nagging thought for me is Warburton was doing well at Brentford too and then left to achieve nothing at Rangers and Forest.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2018, 12:01:51 AM »
I’m hopeful and wishe Smith and Terry all the best. Looking forward to a manager who can coach, which we haven’t had for a long time.

Very intriguing appointment from a Spanish director of football too. I’m amazed he knew of Smith and his record at Brentford.

One very minor nagging thought for me is Warburton was doing well at Brentford too and then left to achieve nothing at Rangers and Forest.

I think Purslow made the appointment of Smith and Pitarch...I'm guessing.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2018, 12:04:07 AM »

In the piece Dante linked to further up, it talks of Warburton not being offered a new contract rather than him leaving of his own volition. He apparently didn't buy into the Brentford system in the way that DS has. Make of it what you will!

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2018, 12:10:25 AM »

I thought he was from Great Barr  which is in Birmingham?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #192 on: October 11, 2018, 12:13:41 AM »

I thought he was from Great Barr  which is in Birmingham?

Yeah, I know someone who knew him growing up and he's said before that he is from Great Barr.  As one of the above posts says, he went to Dartmouth school.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #193 on: October 11, 2018, 12:25:32 AM »
Happy with the appointments of the three .Hopefully i can look forward to seeing some attacking football under Smith instead of the negative boring football we had under Bruce .Would imagine we will play to the strengths of Scott Hogan too

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #194 on: October 11, 2018, 12:28:51 AM »
Not my no. 1, but a million miles from my last choice. I like the football he's produced at Brentford, he seems ambitious and ready to move on to the big time. Let's hope this is the start of something huge for him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal