collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?  (Read 96380 times)

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

Re: Celebrity Fans. What's The Point?
« Reply #525 on: August 06, 2019, 11:44:02 PM »
Seems like a nice article until you have to sign up:

https://theathletic.co.uk/1104606/2019/08/05/prince-williams-affection-for-aston-villa-a-hand-written-letter-to-jack-grealish-and-playing-in-christian-bentekes-socks/?source=fbukadsbc&ad_id=23843566626410539&ad_channel=Facebook_Mobile_Feed_Croud&fbclid=IwAR0QXxZfOi7ImO7JSDv1FU3rAUzSi_eLpeyVCPkON9bcvV5Czie-1DCZlt0

Theathletic have been signing up loads of football journalists from the national and local newspapers.  Most of them are at the top of their professions.

And so that's who they've got to cover us - GregG fucking Evans, the Baggie from The Mail!

Don't think I'll bother subscribing.

Offline Bad English

• Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 09.01.2020
« Reply #526 on: August 07, 2019, 07:29:56 AM »
Saying all of the above we do have the ultimate- William
I didn't know Mr Shatner was a Villa fan.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #527 on: August 07, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »
Bet prince bill would love it at an away at say sheff united (best one I can think of this season for a drink)

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #528 on: October 19, 2019, 12:43:39 PM »
Frank Lampard on Villa supporter Prince William:

We had that conversation [about Villa]. I couldn’t understand why [the royals don’t support Chelsea].

“I asked why he supported Villa and he said it was because of a game he watched when he was younger and he felt that was the right thing to do. Then he’s obviously passed that down. I made a small attempt to get him [George] on the Chelsea side.

“He did say George came home from school to say all his friends support Chelsea, but he’s going to hold firm and be a Villa fan.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #529 on: October 19, 2019, 12:48:32 PM »
Frank Lampard on Villa supporter Prince William:

We had that conversation [about Villa]. I couldn’t understand why [the royals don’t support Chelsea].

“I asked why he supported Villa and he said it was because of a game he watched when he was younger and he felt that was the right thing to do. Then he’s obviously passed that down. I made a small attempt to get him [George] on the Chelsea side.

“He did say George came home from school to say all his friends support Chelsea, but he’s going to hold firm and be a Villa fan.

That is a quote from Frank Lampard Junior, who just like Prince William grew up supporting a team who play in claret & blue.