collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Lille away ticket ( home area) by olaftab
[Today at 08:42:15 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by OCD
[Today at 08:41:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 08:41:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:41:23 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:41:18 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Harte
[Today at 08:41:00 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:40:57 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 08:39:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Millwall on Saturday  (Read 4943 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Millwall on Saturday
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 09:08:03 AM »
I couldn't believe how many coppers lined the walk from the station.And horses.Thought I was going to a royal wedding.
Great day bar the match.

Apart from the result we had a good day nice to meet you on Saturday.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 09:18:31 AM »
I couldn't believe how many coppers lined the walk from the station.And horses.Thought I was going to a royal wedding.
Great day bar the match.

TBH Millwall away should be decent day out, London Bridge is a great location these days (apart from cost) with plenty of boozers, places to eat and just the general vibe of the area. Better than lots clubs/grounds that are located in and around out of town shopping centres.

I must admit I enjoy going to away games I've been to the The New Den twice although I've never seen us win there you are right London Wall good drinking in London Bridge area.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 11:11:33 AM »
Thanks for that.

A lot of the home support are a bit pissed off with MET (yet again) at having this put upon us.  I could really bore you with the continuous and ongoing restrictions, friction and confrontation that is life of a Millwall supporter, not looking for sympathy here, its just how it is.   And some would say you reap what you sow.

Cheers

We have seen it at most games this season and last. Sniffing for pyro I'd imagine.

Bizarrely Millwall was one of the lighter police presences we've had this season.

And I can confirm we were held back in the pissing rain for the train. You couldn't get out the other way either.

My immediate thought was that they're after supporters carrying Toot into the ground, but I'm sure the sniffer dogs could multi-task with a spot of pyro detection too.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »
Great day bar the match.

Apart from the result we had a good day nice to meet you on Saturday.
Nice to meet you too,Darren!

Offline London Wall

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 03:07:21 PM »
Thanks for that.

A lot of the home support are a bit pissed off with MET (yet again) at having this put upon us.  I could really bore you with the continuous and ongoing restrictions, friction and confrontation that is life of a Millwall supporter, not looking for sympathy here, its just how it is.   And some would say you reap what you sow.

Cheers

We have seen it at most games this season and last. Sniffing for pyro I'd imagine.

Bizarrely Millwall was one of the lighter police presences we've had this season.

And I can confirm we were held back in the pissing rain for the train. You couldn't get out the other way either.

My immediate thought was that they're after supporters carrying Toot into the ground, but I'm sure the sniffer dogs could multi-task with a spot of pyro detection too.

It was drug sniffer dogs, the general response from the home support has been outrage, tantamount to entrapment of paying customers. This doesn't happen at festivals where you have the opportunity to bin the drugs, or some night clubs that offer the facility to test your drugs to ensure they are clean.  No, they closed turnstles and funnelled support past a line of dogs.

A view;
Have a beer, have a spliff, buy some packets, do a line, have a fight, get a brass, in fact do whatever the f*ck you like in life. Live-life,  live and let live.

Football fans are second class citizens that get treated like s*it, this is why the whole football fan chip on our shoulder exists, even more so for Millwall as we are always treated worse. 1200 word dissertation ready.

The way this was conducted was wrong, if the club didn't want drugs in the ground, which is fair enough, then they should have said and given warning.  Dogs should have been outside, passively walking through crowds and the away fans should have been included as well. Nothing against you, you understand.

I don't think anyone can legitimately moan about not being able to do something illegal - however if Millwall want to further reduce their support then they are going about the right way.

Rant over.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:18:24 PM by London Wall »

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 03:49:38 PM »
My father in law speaks very fondly about going to Millwall in the early 60s with Coventry under Jimmy Hill. Apparently there was no grass on the pitch and you couldn't move for burly Dock workers.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 04:25:35 PM »
My father in law speaks very fondly about going to Millwall in the early 60s with Coventry under Jimmy Hill. Apparently there was no grass on the pitch and you couldn't move for burly Dock workers.

Sounds like Hurst Street.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 11:39:46 PM »
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal