collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:23:18 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:18:26 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 09:13:30 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:59:43 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 08:51:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Faria or Henry  (Read 15852 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Faria or Henry
« on: October 06, 2018, 11:59:15 PM »
So, at the risk of looking like a ****** when we eventually re-appoint McLeish, as it seems as though these two are the two hot favourites, which would you go for?

No taking into account backroom team, none of this "OMG! With Wenger as DoF / Mayor of Birmingham / Head of the Shelby Family, Thierry would be amazing!111!!!" nonsense, just a choice between one or the other.

I'm going for Faria.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Faria or Henry
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 12:07:27 AM »
So, at the risk of looking like a c***

Too late, mate. ;)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 12:09:03 AM »
Head says Faria because although he's untested he has a shedload of top level coaching experience.

Heart says Henry because although he's also untested I think he has potential and would really lift the club, fans and players.

So, McLeish.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 12:09:22 AM »
Well, Faria, because he's a coach.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 12:10:20 AM »
I'd be happy with either, but I'm going to go with Henry as hopefully his playing career working for managers like Wenger will have rubbed off on him.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 12:12:20 AM »
Either one. I lean towards Henry, if he can get the right coaching staff.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 12:16:23 AM »
Happy with either. But Henry for me

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 12:17:00 AM »
Henry with Faria as Head Coach.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 12:28:42 AM »
For the record, I've already mentioned I'm against most Portuguese coaches joining us, so it's not about their nationality, I've backed Ads with wanting a German coach/manager. I want somebody that's not only technically 21st century but a hard worker with a point to prove. People like Villas-Boas strike me as too comfortable both financially and with their record. I just don't see the hunger. Same with Rodgers.

I'd love Marco Rose but guess he's now out of our reach. Faria, despite all his honours, he's pretty much won everything there is to won in England, Spain and Italy but I think he really has a point to prove, he's driven, very hard working and has the experience of working alongside the most successful manager in Europe these last 17 years. To do that you need to be more than mates with your boss and Mourinho would never carry passengers.

Throw in Terry as his Assistant, somebody that proved last season he gets the club, I think it could be an interesting combination. Not only that, I expect them to hit the ground running, something we desperately need this season with FFP hovering around us. They can both share a taxi every morning from Surrey too.

I like Henry, no idea who would come in to work with him but my big doubt is the lack of hunger. Technically he may be great but right now we need somebody that is also desperate to win every single point, a fighter and that can also build something we all want, an entertaining Villa side.

I'm voting for Rudy. Plus, French cars are crap.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 12:30:52 AM »
Neither has any promotions from this division so it's a no from me.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 12:32:35 AM »
Faria. If there's one thing this team is crying out for it's some proper coaching from a modern coach.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 01:13:53 AM »
Faria and Terry. Terry could be a player-coach and perfectly plug the massive John Terry-shaped hole in our central defense.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 01:14:52 AM »
Henry. Watching him talk about the tactical side he learned from Pep, and having played under Wenger when he was a great manager, I just want to have some of that style embedded at Villa. Mourinho has always played very pragmatic football, and I fear Faria will be similar being so close to him.

I am not going to be upset with either, both bring risks, and both will be heavily reliant on having a decent coaching team around them, but I think Henry has the potential to be brilliant if he can translate his knowledge to the pitch.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 01:17:21 AM »
Henry. Watching him talk about the tactical side he learned from Pep, and having played under Wenger when he was a great manager, I just want to have some of that style embedded at Villa. Mourinho has always played very pragmatic football, and I fear Faria will be similar being so close to him.

I am not going to be upset with either, both bring risks, and both will be heavily reliant on having a decent coaching team around them, but I think Henry has the potential to be brilliant if he can translate his knowledge to the pitch.

I think that's what sways me towards Henry.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 01:19:44 AM »

I think that's what sways me towards Henry.

Someone posted a clip of Henry talking about the shape under Pep at Barca, and how if they lost their shape or disobeyed him they knew about it, but it was all designed to allow them to hurt teams by creating space in the final third and trusting each other on the ball.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal