collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:36:46 PM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by danno
[Today at 04:35:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 04:35:38 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 04:35:32 PM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by Aldridge Villa
[Today at 04:34:35 PM]

Re: FA Cup replays scrapped by Beard82
[Today at 04:32:35 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by danno
[Today at 04:26:12 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Stu
[Today at 04:22:13 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MacDonald Out.  (Read 17911 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: MacDonald Out.
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »

Probably no surprise as we have heard enough of his disciplined approach, and enough have said they benefitted from the discipline, so was Gareth just too weak?!? Be interesting to see if others pipe up now

That's one of the worst things I've read on here in a while.  Being bullied doesn't make the victim "weak", it just means the bully is a ******.  Bullying can come in a number of forms, but it's the mental side that's the worst.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2018, 10:31:27 AM »
The relentless day to day grind of a bully must be so tough for young lads, especially if they are away from home, doesn't have to be a physical threat, just constant negative comments and name calling. If true, makes you wonder what happened in MacDonalds life to make him like this.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2018, 10:53:55 AM »
Probably no surprise as we have heard enough of his disciplined approach, and enough have said they benefitted from the discipline, so was Gareth just too weak?!? Be interesting to see if others pipe up now
A weird one, some of the current youth players have tweeted their support for him together with some former players.

Bullies don't bully everyone, just people they think they can pick on.

Online cdward

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2018, 11:05:57 AM »
A weird one, some of the current youth players have tweeted their support for him together with some former players.

I was once involved in a high profile bullying case at work, which involved a senior director being accused of bullying and harassment.

Anyone that had interaction with him was brought in and interviewed by HR.

As everyone started to talk about it and exchange experiences, it transpired that he was a c**t to almost everyone.

Some people described it as being bullied by him, some didn't.

I always just thought he was a prick, and stood up to him.
However it did open my eyes that what others may be experiencing, can be different to your own experience.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2018, 12:17:16 PM »
It'll be the ones that don't defend the man that's more telling.  It'll going through a few people's minds that he's not lost his job yet, so best not go shouting their mouths off about him publicly.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »

Even if MacDonald made just one boys life a misery by constantly putting him down then that's one too many IMHO

Whatever profession you're in, man management (or in this case kid management) cannot be applied the same to everyone. Some need a bollocking and some need an arm around their shoulder.

No smoke without fire as they say. Kick him to the curb, he's got to be nearing retirement anyway.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2018, 12:56:16 PM »
There really is no defence for that sort of behaviour and quite rightly the club are treating this very seriously. 

Reading that article, it doesn’t strike me that the club have treated this seriously enough at all

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2018, 01:40:01 PM »
We need to move on from him. Anytime I now think of Kevin McDonald it is always with a sense of disdain.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2018, 01:55:49 PM »
[quote
I’m glad we’ll never have to endure him at our club again.

Except he’s still at our club.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »
[quote
I’m glad we’ll never have to endure him at our club again.

Except he’s still at our club.

He’s at home looking at his lawn thinking “what the fuck am I going to do with this..?”

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2018, 08:07:53 PM »
The relentless day to day grind of a bully must be so tough for young lads, especially if they are away from home, doesn't have to be a physical threat, just constant negative comments and name calling. If true, makes you wonder what happened in MacDonalds life to make him like this.

Just think he's from the Roy Keane school of motivation that thinks shouting constant swear words day in day out at training will somehow make players fulfil their potential.

Of course tough lough needs to be shown at times but not every single day and he's certainly overstepped the mark here it seems.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2018, 08:13:03 PM »
I don't. He's a bully, plain and simple. Plenty of top-level managers and coaches swear. He has long over-stepped the boundaries of what is acceptable.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2018, 09:59:50 PM »
I don't. He's a bully, plain and simple. Plenty of top-level managers and coaches swear. He has long over-stepped the boundaries of what is acceptable.

Do you know that for a fact Legion?!? As I said before we all think it’s highly likely but everyone is innocent until proven guilty aren’t they?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2018, 10:05:20 PM »
A Premier League investigation found MacDonald guilty of bullying a young Villa player in 2015 and 2016, yet MacDonald was allowed to continue at the club in a new role as the Under-23 coach.

Offline mike

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2018, 10:09:19 PM »

Do you know that for a fact Legion?!? As I said before we all think it’s highly likely but everyone is innocent until proven guilty aren’t they?

It’s not infallible, but a rule of thumb... if it looks like an elephant and it smells like an elephant, it’s probably an elephant.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal