collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Small Rodent
[Today at 12:13:42 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 12:04:59 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Millwall 2-1 Abject Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 24017 times)

Offline kentishvillan

Re: Millwall 2-1 Abject Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: October 07, 2018, 01:10:18 PM »
The final straw was for us kettled Villa fans to be told over a public address system that every one of us was being watched by CCTV and would be arrested if we continued to break the law I.e.  Shout at the police.

Sorry if this should be in the travel section.  I had to get it off my chest.
[/quote]

I heard that tannoy announcement and thought it rather strange. As for being held back, can’t say it would have been too much of an issue for me had it not been hammering down with rain.

I know a fair few Millwall fans and they’re no different to most of the many Villa fans I know. To be honest I saw more Villa fans gesticulating and acting like twats at the final whistle than I did from the Millwall end. It seems some of our lot get extremely ‘brave’ when they know that they have the safety of a fully secured walkway and numerous police officers.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
I can't say I'm in the least bit surprised at yesterday's debacle. The one thing that did shock me though was that we not only scored - but we scored first!

Offline achilles

« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2018, 02:09:08 PM »
Agree Ads but this time I decided and with my son and one or two other brave fans we decided to push back against the lock ins.  The met and Millwall are taking the piss now.

Brian, there is a woman solicitor (unfortunately I don't know her name) who deals with these sort of issues to try and get the police to deal with football fans as human beings instead of cattle! Have seen her name mentioned via the Football Supporters Federation (FSF), hope that helps.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2018, 02:27:46 PM »
I think the Kettling at the away end is to allow the Millwall fans to get away from the ground and the station (not because they're kicking off), to mix at South Bermondsey station would be a nightmare. They always let you out before the final whistle, like a few of us did yesterday, always worth missing a few minutes of that tripe to get in a nice warm pub. 

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2018, 03:11:06 PM »
Bad weather rubbish football but at least I had a few good beers with my mates before the game.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2018, 05:15:24 PM »
The final straw was for us kettled Villa fans to be told over a public address system that every one of us was being watched by CCTV and would be arrested if we continued to break the law I.e.  Shout at the police.

Sorry if this should be in the travel section.  I had to get it off my chest.

I heard that tannoy announcement and thought it rather strange. As for being held back, can’t say it would have been too much of an issue for me had it not been hammering down with rain.

I know a fair few Millwall fans and they’re no different to most of the many Villa fans I know. To be honest I saw more Villa fans gesticulating and acting like twats at the final whistle than I did from the Millwall end. It seems some of our lot get extremely ‘brave’ when they know that they have the safety of a fully secured walkway and numerous police officers.

that announcement was because various villa fans were throwing coins and missiles at millwall fans on the walkway below, about halfway down the path.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:23:32 PM by placeforparks »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »
Haven't read all this thread so apologies if it's been previously been discussed, but having just watched the extended highlights on Pravda, what a bunch of fuckin' cheats and thugs them Bermondsey lot.

For their first goal, the free-kick needlessly given away by McGinn's body-check, is taken a good 10-15 years closer to the side of the pitch than the more central position where the actual foul was committed, presumably to give the free-kick taker a better angle. Neil Taylor is subsequently caught ball-watching for the knockdown but the free-kick should never have been allowed from that position.

Then, for their winner, the move that leads to the corner where they score the goal from, this time it's McGinn who doesn't get so much body-checked as completely taken-out by one of their pricks just as he offloads the ball and the game is allowed to continue.

It doesn't look like we played well yesterday but it doesn't look like we were out-footballed either, just undone by underhand tactics from a band of savages.

Offline Lescottstweets

« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2018, 05:54:38 PM »
Someone has posted on a Facebook forum that Hutton told our fans to f’off at the end, can anyone confirm this?

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2018, 06:13:09 PM »
Someone has posted on a Facebook forum that Hutton told our fans to f’off at the end, can anyone confirm this?

In all honesty I didn’t see him do that. Think he was taking some stick, and seemed a bit bemused by it. He started to come over, then stopped and stared a a section, certainly didn’t see anything from him except a few stares. Jack got a loads of abuse, single finger & hand gestures from some fans in front of me

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2018, 10:41:29 AM »
Like some of the others we left a few minutes early and walked straight out.
On the train to London Bridge we had to suffer some of ours trying to get the Tracey Andrews song going followed by Ten German Bombers.
As my son suggested, it is unlikely that they'd spent the morning at the Imperial War Museum.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2018, 07:15:16 PM »
I don’t understand how really good and outstanding players can apparently fall apart in the face of one team when they have run riot over another, or even the same one, either side of half time.
Don’t they learn tactics from playing? Or talk to each other?
There's more than a good chance that they don't talk to each other. I don't like, or talk, to everyone on my team at work.
I don’t know how immediate the need is to talk to each other ( rather than emailing  :) ) at your place of work, but on a pitch, for 90 minutes, it seems imperative to me that the players can at least communicate!

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2018, 07:20:19 PM »
I don’t understand how really good and outstanding players can apparently fall apart....
Im questioning how good our players really are.

Clearly not.
We have been managed by people with little vision and mediocre coaching capability.
We’ve been treading water - or going backwards - for a decade.

Depressing, huh?

Well, very, Mister E!
Let’s hope the new owners and CEO find us a coaching set up that can address this and re- discover the talents coached out of some of our players.

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2018, 07:31:31 PM »
I don’t understand how really good and outstanding players can apparently fall apart in the face of one team when they have run riot over another, or even the same one, either side of half time.
It’s the mental resolve Louise. It’s just as important and sometimes more important than physical side as it dissipates much quicker.

I agree about the mental resolve, Aftab. Certainly seems to have gone south with JT, if the match reports about our defence struggling are accurate, which is why i’m hoping he will be part of whoever’s managerial set up we inherit next.

I do wonder what the difference was this season if it wasn’t him*, if you know what I mean.

Fingers and everything crossed for a result and a dream team!

*or Snoddy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:33:07 PM by Louzie0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal