collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Millwall 2-1 Abject Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 23854 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Millwall 2-1 Abject Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »
We were kept waiting for the train for 40 odd minutes. There was no Millwall on the ground hardly either. It's pathetic the set up there pandering to the wankers.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2018, 10:00:18 AM »
If our team had a spine, they would have organised themselves to get a result today.

Yes quite. It was similar to Preston second half. Yes we can blame Bruce but that night it was pathetic on pitch lack of leadership that did us.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #197 on: October 07, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »
Yes it is all 1984 -very Orwellian
I feel your pain Brian - you feel so helpless in those circumstances
Unfortunately my respect for the police diminishes daily as I hear more and more about their unreasonable actions

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »
I loved seeing Snoddy giving team mates a bollocking on the pitch when their passes went astray. He was only on loan, but seemed to care more than some of our own players did on occasion. We miss that now.

I still speak to Snodgrass and the best thing is that when he talks about Villa, he still refers to them as ‘us’ which is cool.

On ano topic, I just came back from a week in Greece and whilst wearing a Villa polo shirt I got speaking to a German that had a season ticket at Ingolstadt. He asked about Nyland and said he’d be an average squad player, when I told him he was our number one he raised his eyebrows and muttered the word  ‘Unbelieveable’.
Says it all.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »
Always odd weather and lock ins at Millwall; snow, blistering heat and torrential rain.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2018, 10:55:47 AM »
Agree Ads but this time I decided and with my son and one or two other brave fans we decided to push back against the lock ins.  The met and Millwall are taking the piss now.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
Agree Ads but this time I decided and with my son and one or two other brave fans we decided to push back against the lock ins.  The met and Millwall are taking the piss now.

I think I asked the question last time it happened at Blues, but what right do the police have to keep you effectively imprisoned against your will?  Even allowing for "it's in your own best interest", if you decided to ignore their advice and try to leave peacefully, what are they legally allowed to do about it?

Online tomd2103

« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2018, 11:04:12 AM »
I can see Nyland having an absolute shocker against Blose, being dropped and departing the club next Summer.

To stand a chance of getting promotion teams need a keeper that can gain them points through a season. This bloke will cost us points.

This bloke has already cost us points. Re the other comments about defence and keeper making each other nervous and vice versa, it is a bit chicken and egg but there's no excuse for the frequency of mistakes Nyland's made. The only keeper who has put in a decent performance for us this season is no longer at the club.

Yep and I think a lot of people on here said in the summer that Steer needed to be given a chance this season.  As it was, he had a decent game at Hull and then was sent out on loan with two seemingly inferior keepers being brought in. 

I don't know if Bruce and his team didn't rate Steer and he did make that one error in pre-season, but I still think he deserved a chance. 

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2018, 11:08:31 AM »
Feel for you Brian, but the Met are notorious wankers.  I suppose their reasoning though is that you could film Zombie Trogladyte Apocalypse around the Old Kent Road and use all the locals as extras without need for acting or make-up.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2018, 11:10:38 AM »
The frustrating thing is there are loads of decent reserve keepers in the premier league that would have probably come on loan.

There is a highly rated young keeper at Manchester United called Dean Henderson who was on loan at Shrewsbury last season and did really well there.  He's now at Sheffield United doing well there and is just one example of the kind of player you are talking about.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2018, 11:15:47 AM »
We left about 5 mins before the end, walked straight to South Bermondsey station and were in London Bridge, being refused entry into the Barrowboy and Banker by 5pm. Another great afternoon and evening ruined by the performance on the pitch.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2018, 11:49:30 AM »
I loved seeing Snoddy giving team mates a bollocking on the pitch when their passes went astray. He was only on loan, but seemed to care more than some of our own players did on occasion. We miss that now.

I still speak to Snodgrass and the best thing is that when he talks about Villa, he still refers to them as ‘us’ which is cool.

Interesting. We a really miss that determination and drive from senior pros.

How do you know him?

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2018, 12:03:52 PM »
To round off a totally cold, wet, horrible football day we got kettled by the police for forty minutes in the pissing rain.  We were effectively imprisoned for not having come to the ground on a train or an away fans' coach but on foot.  When I dared to demonstrate with the arrogant hostile officer in charge he told me that it was for my own safety.  Both I and my son put it to him that the police's duty was to tackle the source of the danger to us, not to take away our basic rights so that Millwall supporters can go on being thugs.

The final straw was for us kettled Villa fans to be told over a public address system that every one of us was being watched by CCTV and would be arrested if we continued to break the law I.e.  Shout at the police.

Sorry if this should be in the travel section.  I had to get it off my chest.
Totally agree, Brian. The last time I went to the New Den was the awful cup game, when we were locked in the compound, not even moving as we did yesterday, in the freezing cold. I shan't be going there again, or to  Blues.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »
Thank you for your support lads.  I get very angry at being addressed over public address loudspeakers like I am a criminal for wanting to go home after the game.  My son is a TV journalist and legendary ex editor of the Southwark News, my other son is a Southwark Councillor, I am a decorated veteran.  As the wonderful Ron Saunders said "Do you want to bet against us?"

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »
Speak to your MP, Bri.

It's 2018, and we're still putting up with nonsense that's applied to no other section of society.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal