collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Millwall 2-1 Abject Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 24024 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Millwall 2-1 Abject Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2018, 11:14:11 PM »
Taylor is the footballing equivalent of childbirth.  After a while, you forget how dreadful he is, give in, and let him have another go.  He really is fucking painful to watch.
Post of the week.👏👏👏

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2018, 11:32:29 PM »
The frustrating thing is there are loads of decent reserve keepers in the premier league that would have probably come on loan.

Ruddy would have been a no brainer. Forster needs to get his career going again too, wouldn't be the worst shout. Nyland doesn't even seem second choice standard to be honest and as for the other two options...

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2018, 12:14:55 AM »
Could have probably picked Ruddy up for a song.  Might have needed to pay top end Champ/ lower end Prem wages, but keeper is one of those positions you don't phuck around with.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2018, 01:17:34 AM »
I loved seeing Snoddy giving team mates a bollocking on the pitch when their passes went astray. He was only on loan, but seemed to care more than some of our own players did on occasion. We miss that now.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2018, 02:10:07 AM »
I agree with the sentiments expressed in the above posts

If our team had a spine, they would have organised themselves to get a result today.

Imagine, Evans, Mortimer and Withe putting up with that crap. I am not talking about their undoubted ability either, but their character.

The new manager will have a lot on his plate. Much more than I thought a few matches ago.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2018, 02:17:06 AM »
I don’t understand how really good and outstanding players can apparently fall apart in the face of one team when they have run riot over another, or even the same one, either side of half time.
Don’t they learn tactics from playing? Or talk to each other?

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2018, 08:10:49 AM »
I can see Nyland having an absolute shocker against Blose, being dropped and departing the club next Summer.

To stand a chance of getting promotion teams need a keeper that can gain them points through a season. This bloke will cost us points.

This bloke has already cost us points. Re the other comments about defence and keeper making each other nervous and vice versa, it is a bit chicken and egg but there's no excuse for the frequency of mistakes Nyland's made. The only keeper who has put in a decent performance for us this season is no longer at the club.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2018, 08:13:52 AM »
I don’t understand how really good and outstanding players can apparently fall apart in the face of one team when they have run riot over another, or even the same one, either side of half time.
There's more than a good chance that they don't talk to each other. I don't like, or talk, to everyone on my team at work.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2018, 08:17:41 AM »
I don’t understand how really good and outstanding players can apparently fall apart....
Im questioning how good our players really are.

Clearly not.
We have been managed by people with little vision and mediocre coaching capability.
We’ve been treading water - or going backwards - for a decade.

Depressing, huh?

Online Clampy

« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »
I've only seen the goals but it sounded very drab despite taking the lead again.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2018, 09:30:17 AM »
To round off a totally cold, wet, horrible football day we got kettled by the police for forty minutes in the pissing rain.  We were effectively imprisoned for not having come to the ground on a train or an away fans' coach but on foot.  When I dared to demonstrate with the arrogant hostile officer in charge he told me that it was for my own safety.  Both I and my son put it to him that the police's duty was to tackle the source of the danger to us, not to take away our basic rights so that Millwall supporters can go on being thugs.

The final straw was for us kettled Villa fans to be told over a public address system that every one of us was being watched by CCTV and would be arrested if we continued to break the law I.e.  Shout at the police.

Sorry if this should be in the travel section.  I had to get it off my chest.

Online olaftab

« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2018, 09:37:15 AM »
It’s the mental resolve Louise. It’s just as important and sometimes more important than physical side as it dissipates much quicker.

Online olaftab

« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2018, 09:41:02 AM »
Brian that sounds so like 1980s. I remember a similar situation outside Wolverhampton station when they finally pounced and plucked out your’s truly and another “victim”  and kept us for couple of hours before letting us go to make our way home.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2018, 09:43:08 AM »
I agree with the sentiments expressed in the above posts

If our team had a spine, they would have organised themselves to get a result today.

Imagine, Evans, Mortimer and Withe putting up with that crap. I am not talking about their undoubted ability either, but their character.

The new manager will have a lot on his plate. Much more than I thought a few matches ago.
Agreed.
A spine in both senses of the word.

Online Clampy

« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »
To round off a totally cold, wet, horrible football day we got kettled by the police for forty minutes in the pissing rain.  We were effectively imprisoned for not having come to the ground on a train or an away fans' coach but on foot.  When I dared to demonstrate with the arrogant hostile officer in charge he told me that it was for my own safety.  Both I and my son put it to him that the police's duty was to tackle the source of the danger to us, not to take away our basic rights so that Millwall supporters can go on being thugs.

The final straw was for us kettled Villa fans to be told over a public address system that every one of us was being watched by CCTV and would be arrested if we continued to break the law I.e.  Shout at the police.

Sorry if this should be in the travel section.  I had to get it off my chest.

One or two people I know have mentioned that they were kept back for a while in the rain. I sympathise, it's one of the reason's why I don't bother with the Blues away games. I suppose it would be a bit of a risk letting people random people walk out of an away end at a place like Millwall. It shouldn't be like that though I know.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal